Josh Duggar Charged With Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material *Guilty* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Your guess is correct, according to the Sun. As an aside, I recall Josh talking about his gay aunt, who he claimed was opposed to gay marriage - this would have been a statement made pre-2015. Quick Googling didn’t reveal any MSM sources for this so JMO.
The lesbian aunt isn't on Jim Bob's side. It is Michelle's sister Evelyn who Josh is referring to and claims is anti gay marriage.

'Anti-gay' reality star Michelle Duggar pictured with lesbian sister

What about the 2hrs? I guess I can understand LE making a courtesy call, perhaps expressing their condolences to a politician on the loss of his relatives. But 2hrs after the time of death? 8:26am on a Sunday?
Also yes, I'm not really sure about all that - I had just seen some folks online saying that it is not unheard of, but I can't really speak to that

It's definitely odd but it seems like it's not unheard of from what some people are saying online. Since Tommy was openly gay and had a husband, and nobody outside of the Duggar community knew he existed before today despite Jim Bob being a very public figure, I am making a guess (which could be wrong) that Tommy/his husband weren't exactly in close contact with Jim Bob. It is weird though. Jim Bob has an older sister, Deanna, I wonder if she got a LE visit as well or if Tommy's husband informed her.
It's kinda heartbreaking that pastor BS is officiating his funeral- because they're only kidding when they say "love the sinner," when it comes to alleged sins like sincere love/marriage.

MOO

The lesbian aunt isn't on Jim Bob's side. It is Michelle's sister Evelyn who Josh is referring to and claims is anti gay marriage.

'Anti-gay' reality star Michelle Duggar pictured with lesbian sister

Also yes, I'm not really sure about all that - I had just seen some folks online saying that it is not unheard of, but I can't really speak to that
And I love/s how JB and kids talked about the gay (as if it were bad) in Meech's side of the family! Ignoring it in his own. Every time I learn something new about JB, and it's not about abuse or crime, it's another example of his being an AH.

MOO

It's kinda heartbreaking that pastor BS is officiating his funeral- because they're only kidding when they say "love the sinner," when it comes to alleged sins like sincere love/marriage.

MOO
I didn't get into it on here, but I totally agree. The only way I think this would be OK is if Tommy knew Ben and liked him, and/or went to his church - but with their bigotry I really doubt that - if Tommy and his husband were churchgoers (which is very possible), I doubt they would go to his church for that reason and find a more progressive one instead.
It appears Tommy and his husband had been together for a long time, and they got legally married less than a week after gay marriage was made legal in Arkansas in 2015. So (and I could be wrong), I am making the assumption that Tommy's husband is close to Tommy's age, or at least on the older side, and may be too ill or otherwise unable to be able to handle all the arrangements himself (especially while grieving with the sudden loss of his longtime partner), leaving JB to handle it, which may be how Ben got into the role - all strictly MOO.
And I love/s how JB and kids talked about the gay (as if it were bad) in Meech's side of the family! Ignoring it in his own. Every time I learn something new about JB, and it's not about abuse or crime, it's another example of his being an AH.

MOO
Michelle is (IMO) definitely troubling enough, but I truly feel and have always felt that JB was far more troubling, and manipulative, and evil. JMO. She is (obviously) far from a perfect mother, but I think it says something that Jill and Jinger appear to basically be entirely cut off from JB, but both (more-so Jinger, who I have always felt was one of Michelle's favorites) maintain a relationship with Michelle. JMO.

Isn't Jim Bob’s son-in-law going to officiate the funeral? Is he a minister or pastor?
Ben Seewald, Jessa Duggar's husband.

It’s exhausting to plan a funeral and deal with all the paperwork a death brings, and then you add grief. I assume Seewald is experienced with end-of-life matters via his profession and hope he made a kind offer to give the widower a bit of breathing room. I’ve been to funerals where the officiant’s own ambitions were on full display, and hope that won’t be the case here.

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,
My apologies for interrupting your discussion.
Because of the downturn in advertising, we are short on the server payment.
We need to raise $1,700 this upcoming week or the server will be shut off.
Please know I hate asking but I am left with no choice.
Below are the ways you can donate
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
THANK YOU
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Be sure and put "server" in the memo.
The ad revenue is growing but it is growing slowly. I am hoping I don't need to ask you again.
Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.
Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
If you have questions please do not post them on this thread. CLICK HERE and that will take you to the thread where you can ask questions.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com

Yes!!! What a knucklehead, Lol, from the link:

Duggar’s attorneys argued that statements he made to investigators during the search of the dealership should not have been allowed at trial since his attorney wasn’t present. Prosecutors said Duggar asked the agents, “‘What is this all about? Has somebody been downloading child *advertiser censored*?” and that he declined to say whether he had looked at such material online, comments that were later used as evidence in the trial.

It is interesting, because I was surprised during the trial, that the defense seemed to be quite weak to me. Especially given the amazing "dream team". I sort of wonder, if given the sort of sick, twisted content Duggar was downloading, that maybe their defense wasn't exactly zealous.

And, I don't think that the appeals court really has much sympathy for a case like this.

He's in an air conditioned federal prison

Seagoville is a federal prison, but most living quarters are not air conditioned. Officials of the prison say some common areas/day rooms do have A/C but families of inmates have claimed it often doesn't work.

The weather remains brutally hot in the Dallas area.

It is interesting, because I was surprised during the trial, that the defense seemed to be quite weak to me. Especially given the amazing "dream team". I sort of wonder, if given the sort of sick, twisted content Duggar was downloading, that maybe their defense wasn't exactly zealous.

And, I don't think that the appeals court really has much sympathy for a case like this.
I'm an attorney and I thought his defense was weak too but more because the defense attorneys had nothing to work with. There was very solid circumstantial evidence and an excellent prosecution. There was digital evidence that JD was at the dealership at the time that the CSAM was downloaded and no else could have done it. Then add JD asking "Are you looking for CSAM?" I would bet 99/100 people would NOT ask that question. The one defense, that another employee did it, was excluded by the judge (rightfully I think) on the basis that the man had proof he wasn't in the state at the time of the download! Then JD's history with molesting his sisters/kids - those are not the type of witnesses the defense could attack without risking further alienating the jury. Plus, yeah, JD cuts a very unsympathetic figure.

ETA - sadly when there is a living victim as a witness, there is room to impeach them, but here, the evidence was digital. No "maybe you misunderstood or were mistaken" when it comes to digital, time-stamped evidence!

I'm an attorney and I thought his defense was weak too but more because the defense attorneys had nothing to work with. There was very solid circumstantial evidence and an excellent prosecution. There was digital evidence that JD was at the dealership at the time that the CSAM was downloaded and no else could have done it. Then add JD asking "Are you looking for CSAM?" I would bet 99/100 people would NOT ask that question. The one defense, that another employee did it, was excluded by the judge (rightfully I think) on the basis that the man had proof he wasn't in the state at the time of the download! Then JD's history with molesting his sisters/kids - those are not the type of witnesses the defense could attack without risking further alienating the jury. Plus, yeah, JD cuts a very unsympathetic figure.

ETA - sadly when there is a living victim as a witness, there is room to impeach them, but here, the evidence was digital. No "maybe you misunderstood or were mistaken" when it comes to digital, time-stamped evidence!

I was surprised that evidence of his molestation of his siblings was allowed, as he was a juvenile at the time of the act. Aren't prior bad acts excluded when the offender was a juvenile at the time of the offense? And in this case, it was never actually adjudicated. While it may have been tangentially related, I thought that it should have been excluded, and the testimony of the adult, excluded as well, as in her capacity, she was a religious leader. So, all testimony from JD excluded.

While it may have been tangentially related, I thought that it should have been excluded, and the testimony of the adult, excluded as well, as in her capacity, she was a religious leader.

She was not. The the fundamentalist baptists beliefs they followed, in addition to IBLP principles they ascribed to, do NOT allow women to preach, pastor, offer religious advice or teachings.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back