Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16974236

[snip]

"We came here looking for specific things, and some of those things we've been able to find," West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt said Thursday night, about six hours after investigators arrived at the house. He called the evidence collected "very, very important" to the investigation.
Friday morning Josh Powell said detectives told him they were looking for Susan's journals - paper and digital copies. Steve Powell said they took his journals, plus video and photographs, as well. He told KSL he didn't want police to have his journals because they contain "very embarrassing things." But he said the Powells offered police Susan's journals in 2010 and wanted investigators to have them. He claims they back up the Powells' claims about Susan's character.

..............Steven wants to publish Susan's journals, but doesn't want the police to read his?

Remember at the start of this case josh and susan's house had a damp carpet with several fans drying it when police arrived. That makes me think something happened in the home before the drive.

Oh, no need to worry about that wet spot. Josh already said he thinks it was ' juice or something like that.' No problem. I think she must have spot cleaned the rug before she ran off to Brazil with her new boyfriend.

You know, it's occurred to me that the spot may not have been blood after all. If Josh drugged or poisoned Susan, she may have vomited on the rug.

[snip]

"We came here looking for specific things, and some of those things we've been able to find," West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt said Thursday night, about six hours after investigators arrived at the house. He called the evidence collected "very, very important" to the investigation.
Friday morning Josh Powell said detectives told him they were looking for Susan's journals - paper and digital copies. Steve Powell said they took his journals, plus video and photographs, as well. He told KSL he didn't want police to have his journals because they contain "very embarrassing things." But he said the Powells offered police Susan's journals in 2010 and wanted investigators to have them. He claims they back up the Powells' claims about Susan's character.

..............Steven wants to publish Susan's journals, but doesn't want the police to read his?

:boohoo: Seriously, this guys a piece of work. The LE aren't even going to publish his inane (I'm sure) rantings of his private journals and he has an objection to them being read after the things he himself is saying....puhlease....he should be embarrased, he should be embarrased he lives and breaths his drivel.

ETA: can't even imagine having to wade through the garbage and possible yuck on the video tapes.

Was anyone else as surprise as I was what the Powell home looked like? I thought it was a gated community, with a HOA (I remembered reports of the HOA not permitting missing flyers to be posted). From the view of the yard, looking at the fence - the home didn't seem to be that nice. It look fairly ordinary to me.

I thought if 4 adult children were living at home with their father, the home might be something extra nice - that they wouldn't want to give up the comfort of their home. But this house looks like any other house that a young adult could rent or purchase on their own, without having to pool together the incomes of 5 adults.

The yard didn't seem to be used for relaxing or playing or having any functional purchase other than space between the neighbor. When Josh and the children were waiting in the yard - it seemed to be an uncomfortable place to sit out in.

Too bad the kids didn't have a playground at this house like the one the neighbor in Utah build for the boys.

Except they aren't pooling the income of 5 adults, sunnydee. SP is the only one in the household with a job!

[snip]

Interesting how he points this out to the media. I think they purposefully wrote some things in SP's journal well knowing they would be in LE hands. Makes me think he WANTS LE to read those embarrassing things... they are red herring journal entries designed to further their attack on Susan. Time will tell, but I have a hunch those two work overtime plotting and scheming.

Remember at the start of this case josh and susan's house had a damp carpet with several fans drying it when police arrived. That makes me think something happened in the home before the drive.

I agree 100%. I've always thought that little trip with the boys was just to set an alibi. I can hardly wait to hear what LE has turned up in Ely. Sounds very promising if matched up to what was taken yesterday. :woohoo:Justice for Susan

Except they aren't pooling the income of 5 adults, sunnydee. SP is the only one in the household with a job!

how sad is that? great parenting job there icky Steve.

You know, it's occurred to me that the spot may not have been blood after all. If Josh drugged or poisoned Susan, she may have vomited on the rug.

That is the first thing I thought when I first read about it. She was groggy and not feeling well earlier, and went to bed. JP and the boys went sledding. Later, he came home, probably found her unconscious or nearly so, she had vomited, he cleaned it up (or maybe did so the next day) and took everyone "camping". Body is probably in one of the mines.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128419138.html

Steven Powell says Susan pressed her breast into his hands tightly and wouldn't let his hands go!

Okay so Susan as a newlywed is living with her husband, father-in-law, a couple of brother-in-laws and a sister-in-law. She keeps making sexual advances towards the old man, but not Josh's brothers? Not neighbors, not co-workers.... just old man Powell?

In another interview I heard Steven claim that Susan would come into his office after she took a shower and lay her head in his lap and tell him to smell her hair. To me, he is just making up new lyrics for his songs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-husband-father-law-missing-Utah-mother.html (link that mentions the smelling her hair)

ill be rushing out the door right now to buy his latest CD......

What did or what does JP do for a job? Surely he works. TIA...I guess I assume since I have to work that everyone does....well with the exception of that unusual family in Florida,lol IMO

Well, didn't think I could get any more creeped out by daddypowell but after watching the komo interview a few posts above, I did. Please, please, please -- let there be answers soon.

I did enjoy hearing one of the neighbors saying that she's been waiting for this day to come for a long time. Wonder how "normal" the powells are as neighbors??

What did or what does JP do for a job? Surely he works. TIA...I guess I assume since I have to work that everyone does....well with the exception of that unusual family in Florida,lol IMO
In another article he says he commutes to a job but declined to say what or where. He was obviously not working yesterday. I doubt he works on a regular basis, if at all.

Well, didn't think I get any more creeped out by daddypowell but after watching the komo interview a few posts above, I did. Please, please, please -- let there be answers soon.

I did enjoy hearing one of the neighbors saying that she's been waiting for this day to come for a long time. Wonder how "normal" the powells are as neighbors??

Interesting isn't it? I hope they speak out more and share their thoughts.

TY, for that link, I always miss stuff with hubby and son taking over the TV. grrr

Now wait a sec here! I know I have washed my hair before and asked someone to smell how great it smells ( I am a soap freak ) and i wouldnt think anything of that. If I thought for a second that was some kind of come-on or sexual statement, i would NEVER say it to anyone other than my hubby, and I dont think she had any intentions of that statement meaning anything other than she enjoyed the new shampoo and wanted to show off the smell. Ive said " smell this" perfume 100 times to anyone who was at my house never meaning anything other than offering a great smell. I could see her doing that and her thinking the same thing i would think. That Smells Great! they are grasping and turning innocent statements into something is was not!! Now im really mad. Just like I loathe Cindy Anthony more than Casey im beginning to feel the same way about Steven. grrrr grrr

So much time has passed and I certainly hope that Susan's real journals have been found and not something "transcribed" by either guy onto a computer. They could write anything - just as they have said some of the most rediculous bull$*!#. There has been enough time that incriminating material could have been removed and hidden somewhere else. But, with the way they have been speaking lately, they are not too smart.

When detained was said, doesn't that just mean he was detained outside of the house until the search was over? These two guys need locked up for just being creepy until they are charged with murder - and the boys given to their maternal grandparents to raise.

[snip]

I just know he had journals. Good I hope they get release.:woohoo::woohoo:

I just know he had journals. Good I hope they get release.:woohoo::woohoo:

Dear goodness with him telling his sex life all over the national media, what on earth does he find embarrassing???? :eek:

:boohoo: Seriously, this guys a piece of work. The LE aren't even going to publish his inane (I'm sure) rantings of his private journals and he has an objection to them being read after the things he himself is saying....puhlease....he should be embarrased, he should be embarrased he lives and breaths his drivel.

ETA: can't even imagine having to wade through the garbage and possible yuck on the video tapes.

I bet it would be worth every min going through jouranals ad video. This could be what LE needed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back