Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard this on the news.There are just no words to describe this unthinkable act and crime against these innocent little boys.

I do have a question, and I apologize for being behind on following this case. Can someone share with me why Josh Powell was being allowed to see his sons at all before having this psycho-sexual evaluation. Considering his father and the environment that Josh grew up in, it seems he would be expected to have some serious issues. Did the court not address this? TIA

KCPQ reporter David Rose on the scene of the remnants of the Powell home.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-p...ell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,7735756.story

I'm not sure why the media is calling it the powell home. It certainly wasn't Josh's home. He didn't purchase it, and couldn't even be bothered that he left yet another victim in his wake of terror. The owner of that home will be lucky to recoop his/her losses, as this was an intentional act. This psycopath's victims stretch far and wide.

My prayers are with the boys, Susan, and the Cox's tonight. Bless them.

Mel

Okay guys. No more even hinting that the social worker had anything to do with this or could have prevented it.

Let's continue on and leave that behind. What Josh did is already upsetting enough. :grouphug:

I don't think the social worker is to blame in this at all. But I do blame the whole system. It should be against policy for someone like Josh to have visitation at his own home. It should be in a controlled environment with plenty of people around to supervise.

The current Seattlepi story says that the social worker was a contract worker, not a state employee. She worked for a private company that was contracted (outsourced) by the state to do these supervisions. It sure would be interesting to learn more about how DFS assigns cases, how people are trained and paid, what their caseloads are, and what high-risk situations they might be being put into. Also why WA state - and any state - allows these kinds of visitations at a home. Is this all about cost-cutting? Because a cop to protect a social worker, or visitations at a DFS facility, would be too costly?

I posted a link pages back for one of these groups-- a lot of the specifics for visitations depend on what is available in your area (and what the judge has ordered)

I'm not sure why the media is calling it the powell home. It certainly wasn't Josh's home. He didn't purchase it, and couldn't even be bothered that he left yet another victim in his wake of terror. The owner of that home will be lucky to recoop his/her losses, as this was an intentional act. This psycopath's victims stretch far and wide.

They are calling it the Powell house because that is where Josh lived- if he had lived in an apartment they would be calling it the Powell apartment.

The current Seattlepi story says that the social worker was a contract worker, not a state employee. She worked for a private company that was contracted (outsourced) by the state to do these supervisions. It sure would be interesting to learn more about how DFS assigns cases, how people are trained and paid, what their caseloads are, and what high-risk situations they might be being put into. Also why WA state - and any state - allows these kinds of visitations at a home. Is this all about cost-cutting? Because a cop to protect a social worker, or visitations at a DFS facility, would be too costly?

I've worked in social services in different capacities in two states, and I am SHOCKED that visitations occurred at his home. That usually doesn't happen until reunification is imminent.

I find it very ironic that just last week Joshy was soooo concerned over a small burn on his son's foot!!

My prayers are with the boys, Susan, and the Cox's tonight. Bless them.

Mel

I agree I just hope the homeowner had insurance on the home and maybe he can recoup some of his loss...but at the link http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-p...ell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,7735756.story if you just let it play through, video after video the interview is very good and offers reactions of neighbors as well as media...really good info here for anyone needing to catch up.

I want to know what was in the emails sent to the Sheriff. Did he tell where Susan is? Oh, please let him have said where she is so that the Coxes can have her back. Please, please, please!

Salem

I have never actually lit a candle before in memory or to honor someone. I just lit some and said a few words of prayer over them. This is a nightmare that I wish my brain could turn off.

I just heard this on the news.There are just no words to describe this unthinkable act and crime against these innocent little boys.

I do have a question, and I apologize for being behind on following this case. Can someone share with me why Josh Powell was being allowed to see his sons at all before having this psycho-sexual evaluation. Considering his father and the environment that Josh grew up in, it seems he would be expected to have some serious issues. Did the court not address this? TIA

If their logic is anything like the logic in California and Oregon regarding child custody issues, I'm sure they deemed supervised visits to be in the best interest of the children. That's what I've heard said over and over in some cases I've known of personally.

Could someone please post a photo of the babies? My heart is breaking.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/nationwo...ell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,1001923.story

The Tacoma News Tribune reported Sunday evening that the Pierce County medical examiner said three bodies were found in the same room in the middle of the house.

I think he put his arms around them, said Let's go see Mommy, the clicked the lighter.

Agree, that is a likely scenario. The poor children having no idea when they ran from the car to the front door what was going to happen within a few minutes.

:cry:

I want to know what was in the emails sent to the Sheriff. Did he tell where Susan is? Oh, please let him have said where she is so that the Coxes can have her back. Please, please, please!

Salem

I doubt it very much...but I guess there is a 1% chance...
Although what if he didn't die from the explosion, was only injured ? No, I don't think he would ever confess.

RIP Susan. You are now with your little angels.

susan%20and%20two%20boys%20hardman%20photography_3.jpg

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

:cry:

Together forever! :rose:

I dont think a social worker or anyone could have prevented this other than throwing him in jail. He could have showed up at the Cox home and took them out too.:(

I can't get past the fact that those babies felt the burn. Their daddy literally set them on fire. Was there an ounce of humanity or selflessness in him? How can anyone burn up their babies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueeyes1981