Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it and its creeping me out. What do you mean "you have seen this before?"

lol.

can't see it.

someone's going to have to provide a photoshopped landsat of what the heck y'all see.

:D

How am I suppose to sleep tonight? I have been thinking about this non stop for almost 12 hours. Then I saw pictures of the stretchers being put in the truck. I am so so saddened. Anyone else not able to sleep tonight?
BBM

IDK. Would you consider dozing off at your computer sleeping?

I had planned on getting to bed early. Then, when I first saw the story, I wanted to go to bed thinking in the morning it would just be a horrible nightmare. But, hours later I'm still here reading and I'm still having a hard time believing this ever happened. I can't believe no one (but the Coxes) saw it coming.

Poor little babies. And to think, this was sparked off by a pyscho-sexual test. I want the name of this dumb judge. I want the name. This judge does not need to be a judge. And yes, not using a J was deliberate.

In photo 6 is that a water heater and a gas or wood stove? Could a gas water heater cause that large of an explosion?

Edit...I think it is a water heater and to the right of that is a washer or dryer.
Gas escaping through a valve of any appliance can cause a major explosion.

lol.

can't see it.

someone's going to have to provide a photoshopped landsat of what the heck y'all see.

:D

I can't see it either. Maybe someone can just tell us what they see? Please, pretty please?????

I can see it and its creeping me out. What do you mean "you have seen this before?"

LOL I meant, I've seen faces in pictures before, but usually they are just flukes, and once you look up close you realize its not a face at all. Or you only see the face looking at one angle of the pic. Never in 4 separate pics, 2 of them taken at different angles. I hope I explained it for ya !

Saw this on the news and was totally sick over it. I am praying they are in their mother's arms right now somewhere.

I also totally see the face and usually I think people are reaching but that is totally a face. It is creeping me out too. I wonder if it is some sort of magazine...or something that somehow melted onto insulation??

Poor little babies. And to think, this was sparked off by a pyscho-sexual test. I want the name of this dumb judge. I want the name. This judge does not need to be a judge. And yes, not using a J was deliberate.

The test was recommended by the psychologist and the judge agreed. Personally, I think this test should have been administered before he was allowed any sort of visitation. Since it wasn't, I just don't understand WHY the state of WA didn't order visitation to be in a neutral location, one that Josh couldn't control. Preferably with a LEO there to keep an eye on Josh. Even though I think he would have taken anyone out who got in his way once he made the decision to kill his sons.

The judge is NOT totally at fault here, she only had the evidence in front of her. She did NOT have the computer images from what I understand from all the reading I've done today. The entire system failed these boys and Susan's family.

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers....

LOL I meant, I've seen faces in pictures before, but usually they are just flukes, and once you look up close you realize its not a face at all. Or you only see the face looking at one angle of the pic. Never in 4 separate pics, 2 of them taken at different angles. I hope I explained it for ya !

I see it. In fact, it could be a firefighter looking at something on the floor and the smoke or heat is distorting the images. That was my thoughts. I have seen that happen when you look through a fire at something or water in the background in the heat could have caused a distortion.

I hope we will find out. Because I definetly see the face and what looks like something on the floor as well. Perhaps faces of two people facing each other. I am not good at manipulating images to clairify them. I hope someone will.

I do not doubt that there might have been firefighters pics taken over the bodies. Evidence that the bodies were not completely incinerated is evident when you look at the gurneys with the body bags. Totally consumed bodies won't hold a shape as the first of those photos clearly show the outline of a body. Not ashes.

I hope you find you answers and share them with all of us. I am intrigued as well.:seeya:

Saw this on the news and was totally sick over it. I am praying they are in their mother's arms right now somewhere.

I also totally see the face and usually I think people are reaching but that is totally a face. It is creeping me out too. I wonder if it is some sort of magazine...or something that somehow melted onto insulation??

Yes, it's a face. The magazine or newspaper presumably should have burned so I am not sure what it is.

It's in five too. Looks like an older man kneeling.

I see the faces too...Wow...the mind sometimes plays tricks on us...It kind of reminds me when we were looking at the sign on the ground at Surburban Drive and we were positive that it was the book that Sweet Caylee was reading in her last video at Great Grandpa's nursing home.

I was so moved by the all the people gathering at Charlie's Elementary School. I taught first grade for 33 years and tomorrow is going to be a very difficult day in that classroom. The children will forever be affected by the sad and horrible loss of their classmate. Many will never understand how his own father had caused his and his little brother's deaths.

The ripple of JP's horrific actions will be felt by many....adults and children alike. I am still in shock that those precious boys are gone.

I have got to go to bed...I have to go get fasting bloodwork done in the morning...UGH....

I think I will pick up one of my 6 year old grandsons at school tomorrow and spend some time hugging and playing at the park with him. Maybe if I think about doing that I will be able to get to sleep without thinking about little Charlie and Braden.

Dear God...Please Keep the Families and Friends of Susan, Charlie and Braden in Your Loving Arms!

Night to all my WS Friends....This has been a very emotional day!

I see it in all four photos, too. It's a mark on a piece of what might be insulation next to the water heater. Odd that it's so prominent from various camera angles.

I can't see it either. Maybe someone can just tell us what they see? Please, pretty please?????

In photo #6 if you look between the water heater and what appears to be a washer or dryer on the right at about the height of the control panel on the washer/dryer it looks like a face.

In photo #6 if you look between the water heater and what appears to be a washer or dryer on the right at about the height of the control panel on the washer/dryer it looks like a face.

Thank you! I saw it finally before I seen this post. I had to enlarge the pictures first....

Thank you again!

I didn't want to clog up this thread with a super long post, but I did feel like I needed to say something about this tragic case and ask my fellow WSers to consider what we can do to even try to prevent awful, tragic, senseless murders like this. Please take a moment if you can/want, and pop over to read my uber long plea here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162000"]What Do We Do NOW??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So - am I completely off base to think that JP's father might just feel free to rat out his son now - just because all the attention would feed his narcissitic supply? Or because he'd yap to cut a deal for himself?

We can hope, I suppose...

BBM: This is what I have been thinking, Emma Peel.

In addition, I am wondering if SP had a big hand in Susan's murder and feels he can cut a deal on his child *advertiser censored* and other charges if he tells LE that JP told him what happened. Of course he will say that he had no part in it himself. SP is probably lying in his bunk right now trying to figure out just what to say to LE that would benefit himself.

SP will never tell the truth, IMO, but it will be very interesting to hear just what he does say.

JMO

I see the same face in all four photos. I think it is the front of a book, or a newspaper, or a photo or something. It is definitely a face and it is in the burned debris. I do not recognize who it is, however.

Tho it's prolly nothing, I see a skull and it's body, not a face. Look above the "face"; but I don't believe a skull would be white after this inferno.

It wouldn't surprise me if he sent someone(s) a letter that may be in the mail?? Or if he did himself in before the explosion.

Do we know how he ignited the explosion? God, could that social worker see the kids and Josh in the house as she was desperately beating on the windows? I understood that the boys had run ahead of her as soon as they got out of the car and that Josh, obviously waiting, quickly let them in and them shut and locked the door obviously keeping the social worker out.. she immediately smelled strong gas and was calling for help(not sure to who at that point) and continued to beat on the door.. then moving to the windows beating on them.. it stated that as she was beating on the windows that the fire was quickly spreading room to room.. My dear God what she may have seen..

But this is also why im curious to know exactly how Josh ignited it? There were 3 explosions that were reported to have occurred that were of such force that neighbors said that it rattled their homes to the foundation.. how in the world could the social worker have been beating on the windows while the fire was already ignited and according to the report the fire was quickly spreading from room to room as she was beating on the windows?. Im not trying to question her account just trying to get a better idea of how it transpired and how Josh was able to successfully pull it off.. i know it sounds super easy to do but i have seen where others have miserably failed at pulling off completely burning the house down by using the gas plus flame method... and how was this social worker not completely blown to smitherenes?.

It may still be too early for my questions and will just have to wait as more info comes to light..

It is just so very shocking and a real drop kick to the gut that takes your breath away.. The precious Cox family will continue to be in my prayers for a long time to come.. God bless them..
This article says he used an accelerant. That would explain why the flames spread so rapidly.

On Sunday, Josh Powell poured an accelerant in his Graham home, roughly a mile from the school Charlie and Braden attended. When a social worker came with the boys about 12:30 p.m. Sunday for a supervised visit, Powell took the boys and locked the door, Detective Ed Troyer said.

The social worker smelled gas, and seconds later the house burst into flames, Troyer said.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...eath-of-Powell-boys-3058398.php#photo-2278468

I don't think this was his first experience with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop