JP to appear on CBS Early Show 08-25-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now all of Susan's friends need to come out and call BS on the statements he made about not knowing what time it was and always being spontaneous.

I imagine if Susan ever went outside in her underwear it was to get away from his murderous hands.

They really need to keep calling their statements lies.

I sure do think we have two P.O.I. I think this is a game changer. All JP had to do was drive halfway to where he was going and have S.P. take her the rest of the way or move her. And I think we all wondered, "would his Dad do that, and why would his Dad do that?" Now we know.

The claim that she ran out into the street in her underwear, that sounds like a response to DV. In my opinion it does anyway.

I did find it interesting that JP said he believed she was faithful, but SP says she was sexual with him and that it was mutual.

Here is just a theory of mine. Warning, no known facts other than observations

Allegations that SP was inappropriate with Susan and that JP was aware and did nothing to stop or control it, but did agree to move out of Daddy's house. Now if Daddy continued to be inappropriate as allegations suggest, maybe even became indiscrete in front of JP in word or in deed? What if JP was an abused or very controlled child, and still under control of father. Felt powerless then and continued to feel powerless as an adult. Who would he be most likely to blame and to take it out on? Susan right? Moving probably eased things, but there would still be tensions there, not only if it was mentioned, but also maybe some hidden resentment on both sides.

Now it has been said that JP was controlling. If he blamed Susan for the troubles/feelings with his father. And if this was the only person he felt he could control. If she left, think of the issues. Feels more powerless if she gets away. Would no longer have anyone he could control. Open to percieved ridicule from others that he couldn't keep a woman. Disappointment from father because he allowed the woman they both wanted to leave. And worst of all, she would take the kids.

Above post my opinion only.

The reporter should ask him do you think your dad wrote this song about Susan.

http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/LightOfSeattle/ISaidILoveYou.aspx

Oh my, I lol'ed on this one. I have read the lyrics and visited his site, but to hear it is a different story. He should definitely take this act on the road.

Thanks for posting Dr., just what I needed today. (both my cars broke down last night, single mom of 3 here with no money--so a good belly laugh did me some good!!)

This is so outrageous. Steve Powell is a disgusting, despicable man, with absolutely NO respect for Susan or her parents. To say those kinds of things about your missing daughter-in-law on national t.v. ..... words escape me... I'm stunned! I can't believe he is stupid enough to admit that he had sexual feelings for her. "Sometimes I wish we had done a little bit more." OMG... just sickening!

GOD BLESS CHUCK COX!!!! I could see that he was really angry and upset. My heart bleeds for this father. There is just no comparison in the two men. Whiny Josh... what can I say... he is spineless.

SP seems to think this is all a joke. He'll get his.

I sure do think we have two P.O.I. I think this is a game changer. All JP had to do was drive halfway to where he was going and have S.P. take her the rest of the way or move her. And I think we all wondered, "would his Dad do that, and why would his Dad do that?" Now we know.

There would be records of phone calls, I am sure. LE will have this already.
It will be interesting when this finally all comes out. jmo

So Papa Powell the head of the Powell Compound says he was in love with Susan and Susan was in love with him.
Josh says nothing about that. Does not deny it.
Makes me think Papa Powell knows Josh murdered Susan and has proof.
Papa Powell is just having fun castrating Josh and putting him in his place in the compound. You could see how much he enjoyed talking about it.

I thought it was great that in the middle of that second interview (the Cox interview), SP's very own daughter (estranged) come right out of the blue and SMACK! says her father is a liar.

For those people unfamiliar with this case I'm sorry that ABC didn't take a bit more time to explain exactly who she is and her relationship to Susan as not only a sister-in-law but friend as well.

You got that right!

I wonder what the Mormon Church thinks about Josh publishing her journals. Journal writing is encouraged by the church.

Maybe Josh used Susan's phone by mistake to call his dad after he murdered her.

I wonder what the Mormon Church thinks about Josh publishing her journals. Journal writing is encouraged by the church.

Where are Susan's journals up until she was killed??? Why only her teenage journals??? Oh, we know the answers, ALL of the answers, but WHERE IS SUSAN!!!

As for the wannabe Lounge Lizard...:yuck::sick::clown:

JP's responses to some of the questions do not sound right to me. (Well, very little does...)

When asked if he had anything to do with his wife's disappearance he says no, pretty straightforward, although one could analyse his nonverbals. But when asked if he killed his wife he doesn't say no. He says he could never even hurt her, the people who know him know he wouldn't do something like that. So maybe he killed her in some way that didn't hurt, like an overdose of a sedative? Anyway, the people who know him include his father and if his interpretation of the things he did to sexually harass his son's wife is that he was being seduced by someone he had paternal feelings towards who knows what he would call hurting your wife?

And of course it's completely reasonable to go rock hunting after midnight with toddlers in tow...

IF he had ever done it before IMO it was probably following a domestic fight.

After reading/watching these videos, all I can say is: What are they thinking?
Josh "lawyered up" right after Susan disappeared, and his attorney wouldn't let him answer any questions.

What attorney would let their client(s) go on national TV, and make those crazy statements? What's the reasoning behind it?
Are they going for some kind of "I caught my father having sex with her and I lost my cool and killed her, then we had to hide the body" defense?

Do you think they even still have an attorney? I can't imagine him allowing this. But I for one am glad they have verbal diarrhea, maybe we will get closer to finding out what happened.

I can't imagine any attorney allowing this. The standard defense line is ALWAYS - keep your mouth shut!

JP's responses to some of the questions do not sound right to me. (Well, very little does...)

When asked if he had anything to do with his wife's disappearance he says no, pretty straightforward, although one could analyse his nonverbals. But when asked if he killed his wife he doesn't say no. He says he could never even hurt her, the people who know him know he wouldn't do something like that. So maybe he killed her in some way that didn't hurt, like an overdose of a sedative? Anyway, the people who know him include his father and if his interpretation of the things he did to sexually harass his son's wife is that he was being seduced by someone he had paternal feelings towards who knows what he would call hurting your wife?

And of course it's completely reasonable to go rock hunting after midnight with toddlers in tow...

IF he had ever done it before IMO it was probably following a domestic fight.

There is the first inconsistency, I thought it was to make smores?

Looking at JP eyes........wow dark circles etc.......
Looking at SP eyes, looks like he loves the camera.
Do we know where SP was at the time of Susan's disappearance?
I'm confused, (20 months later) SP a devoted Morman or was it his wife?
Why does most of the family live together?
Any mention of incest?
Why did mom leave SP?
SP is another POI to me, JMOO

Also IMO, Susan was a devoted Morman and I think she may of been a friendly person but nothing I have seen or read would ever make me believe she was ever sexual with others. esp FIL........ugh
Blessing to the COX family...........find Susan!

There is the first inconsistency, I thought it was to make smores?

Maybe he read the article about the geologist who said maybe the police had found some dirt in his shoes or wherever and went to Ely in order to find matching samples. Now he introduces rock hunting as an alibi why he has visited the mine site in the past?

Just a thought.

How big is SP house? bedrooms?
How many people are allowed to live in a house?
How many live there?
Here we have fire ordinences about how many people can be in a building etc.

How big is SP house? bedrooms?
How many people are allowed to live in a house?
How many live there?
Here we have fire ordinences about how many people can be in a building etc.

They're all related; it's not an issue.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim