Judge S. Orders Court Reporter To Release 3/25/09 Sidebar Transcript

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they release it today to SA, will it still take a week or more before the media (and us) can get a copy - kind of like when documents are released to JB and we still don't have it yet?

Even if they release it today to SA, will it still take a week or more before the media (and us) can get a copy - kind of like when documents are released to JB and we still don't have it yet?

I don't see the need for a delay in the release...The SA's as well as JB were all PRESENT at the sidebar...nothing "unknown" to either parties. No need to look over and research by JB...

Ugh....seems to me that it is something SA wants the media and public to see....because both SA and Defense already know what was said....Wish they'd hurry lol

I don't see the need for a delay in the release...The SA's as well as JB were all PRESENT at the sidebar...nothing "unknown" to either parties. No need to look over and research by JB...

Sorry for repeat, I guess we were typing at the same time.

It's after 5pm. I wonder if we'll hear anything else about this today? I was hoping for a doc dump either today or tomorrow since JB got some stuff last week. (fingers crossed!)

It's after 5pm. I wonder if we'll hear anything else about this today? I was hoping for a doc dump either today or tomorrow since JB got some stuff last week. (fingers crossed!)

I don't know if we will hear today. I am on twitter and get immediate updates, soon as I hear will post. Last update I got was Judge Strictland was hauling GA & CA back into court tomorrow...Best I can tell it is for info requested they promised SA but never did.

Complete list of receipts maybe?

Then what is the SA's point in demanding it? Now I'm really:confused:

The State is not demanding it, the State is asking the Judge to order the court reporter to transcribe "for purpose of trial" the Sidebar Conference at the ending of the hearing.

IMO, the day of the sidebar, the Judge hit a button and a tape recorder recorded the sidebar conversation. More then likely at the end of the hearing the tape was taken and was placed somewhere for future reference. The court reporter probably has not listened to the tape based solely on the fact the the state is asking the Judge to order the court reporter to transcribe it.

Again IMO, the sidebar conversation may not be released to the public and will only be used "for purpose of trial".

Motion: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20146566/detail.html

Wouldn't Judge S. have to put some sort of order in place to keep it from the public due to the Sunshine Law? I guess I don't understand. :confused:

Wouldn't Judge S. have to put some sort of order in place to keep it from the public due to the Sunshine Law? I guess I don't understand. :confused:

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. That's why I wrote IMO, and it's very possible it won't. :crazy: I would like to read it myself!

Can someone from the media request it? m!u3z&i%c^m$a<n???????

The State is not demanding it, the State is asking the Judge to order the court reporter to transcribe "for purpose of trial" the Sidebar Conference at the ending of the hearing.

IMO, the day of the sidebar, the Judge hit a button and a tape recorder recorded the sidebar conversation. More then likely at the end of the hearing the tape was taken and was placed somewhere for future reference. The court reporter probably has not listened to the tape based solely on the fact the the state is asking the Judge to order the court reporter to transcribe it.

Again IMO, the sidebar conversation may not be released to the public and will only be used "for purpose of trial".

Motion: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20146566/detail.html
I think you are right Patty. I got to thinking that any and all sidebars are kept from the public. It doesn't make any sense that a private sidebar conversation would be released under the sunshine laws.

Not sure why the SA had to make a motion for Judge Strickland to sign to have the discussion typed. One would think the SA had open access to ALL court transcripts. On the video the transcriber was shown doing her thing while the sidebar was held.

I think you are right Patty. I got to thinking that any and all sidebars are kept from the public. It doesn't make any sense that a private sidebar conversation would be released under the sunshine laws.

Not sure why the SA had to make a motion for Judge Strickland to sign to have the discussion typed. One would think the SA had open access to ALL court transcripts. On the video the transcriber was shown doing her thing while the sidebar was held.

The court reporter was just sitting there while the sidebar was happening. YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 6 (End)

This is why I feel that the sidebar was not transcribed at the end of the court hearing. The court reporter would have transcribed her notes from the hearing, but the sidebar conversation, IMO, went on a tape and was never transcribed.

The court reporter was just sitting there while the sidebar was happening. YouTube - Motions Hearing 3/25/09 Part 6 (End)

This is why I feel that the sidebar was not transcribed at the end of the court hearing. The court reporter would have transcribed her notes from the hearing, but the sidebar conversation, IMO, went on a tape and was never transcribed.

Thanks Patty. This video was not the one I viewed yesterday and I see where the transcriber was NOT punching those keys. So I was watching another sidebar clip I guess. Anywho, I do agree with ya.:)

By the way, after I viewed your video of it, I agree the camera should not have been pointed towards Judge Strickland. You could plainly see and/or read his lips. I too wish I knew back then what they were discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila