Jury Duty? Would you?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you be able to serve on a jury for this trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decided to explain my laughter with your post. I was called to jury duty 2 years ago. I have lived in Palm Beach County FL for 10 years. My husband was terminally ill at the time. Judge let me off the hook. Then my husband died a month later (this was Oct 2006).

Eight months ago my deceased husband was called for Jury duty in Palm Beach County, FL. I called them...said geeeez, he DIED in this county, what kiind of records do you keep? Was told they have NO WAY of knowing this type of stuff. They asked if I would send them his death certificate. I did not. They are now threatening to hold him in contempt of court. Maybe I have a sick sense of humor, but I have decided to wait for the sherrif to come to the door and serve him papers. At that time I will hand him my husbands urn and say "have at him". My point being is even being dead in this County does not seem to be an excuse. :)
Sorry about your husband however your post cracked me up! I live there, too.

Decided to explain my laughter with your post. I was called to jury duty 2 years ago. I have lived in Palm Beach County FL for 10 years. My husband was terminally ill at the time. Judge let me off the hook. Then my husband died a month later (this was Oct 2006).

Eight months ago my deceased husband was called for Jury duty in Palm Beach County, FL. I called them...said geeeez, he DIED in this county, what kiind of records do you keep? Was told they have NO WAY of knowing this type of stuff. They asked if I would send them his death certificate. I did not. They are now threatening to hold him in contempt of court. Maybe I have a sick sense of humor, but I have decided to wait for the sherrif to come to the door and serve him papers. At that time I will hand him my husbands urn and say "have at him". My point being is even being dead in this County does not seem to be an excuse. :)

I am sorry about the loss of your husband. You post is so funny to think about. I can just laugh with that visual of you handing him the urn.

Isn't that the county where they were so messed up in the Demo election commission they had to count the "hanging chads?" If it was NO wonder they are trying to still "hunt down" your deceased husband.

Could I be impartial? Probably. Could I keep all the info a secret? Not a chance.

I chose that I could remain neutral. Based on everything I've seen thus far in the case, I do believe her to be guilty and I believe Caylee to be deceased. However I am a fair person and would go into it with an open mind, listen to both sides of the story and remain objective. I am the type of person who isn't set in my ways, and I am very open minded about everything. Not in the sense that I'm naive....just not afraid to admit when I'm wrong I guess you could say. For example, I have always considered myself to be a republican, however I have recently changed my mind, LOL. I am sort of on the fence in political terms now, I still believe in some things that are typical "republican views" but some that I believe in are "democratic views".

Hey, do you believe they would believe I was neutral if I showed up for Jury Duty with some Jumper Cables and a few syringes? :whistle:

If I were on the defense I sure would choose not women but guys who thought Casey was hot. That'd be my only question..."Mr. Jones, do you find the defendant, Miss Anthony attractive? Would you - to use a young persons phrase, 'hit it?'" "YES, SIR JB!" "We'd like to have you on our jury... no further questions."

her only chance imo

I would like to say that I could remain neutral. I would LOVE to hear the prosecution/defense on this one!

No way I'd be allowed on the jury. As far as change of venue, you guys (up in Orlando) just had one of our big cases tried up there (Michael Hernandez - the kid that killed his friend in the bathroom at middle school) - yep that case happened in Miami and was moved to Orlando. Soooooooooooooo - I am so hoping this case gets moved to Broward, I'm only 5 minutes from the courthouse and I would be there EVERY SINGLE DAY - plus I could come back and report to all you guys here!!!! There is very little reporting going on down here about it. I keeping my fingers crossed.

They could try it in Alachua county(north central florida) also. There are NO missing posters, nothing on the news at all up here. I dont live in Alachua County so I couldnt be called, but I'd love to sit on the jury.

I like to consider myself impartial and am vehemently opposed to the death penalty, however, in this case there is no way I could be impartial or change my opinion unless I saw Caylee in the courtroom. This case has evoked plenty of emotion, has been on national as well as local news. It's difficult to see in what venue she would receive a fair trial. Cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.

While I would give ANYTHING to be able to serve on this jury, I am too partial. The sheer emotion that would overtake me while seeing all of the evidence that is going to be presented at this trial would be too much.

IMO, it's going to be hard to find an impartial jury here in Orlando.

They could move this one to timbuktoo...they will lose. There is not ONE SINGLE alternative to ponder! Kidnappers? Who, what, where and why? NOTHING.

I agree. It doesn't matter who is on the jury - people who know about this case or people who don't. As soon as the jury hears that the MOTY did not report her child missing for a month there will be a lot of doubt that she could possibly be innocent.... I'm hoping TruTV will be covering this case. My partner and I will be glued to it, just like we were the Spector trial.

BTW - Are atheists allowed to serve on juries?

I like to consider myself impartial and am vehemently opposed to the death penalty, however, in this case there is no way I could be impartial or change my opinion unless I saw Caylee in the courtroom. This case has evoked plenty of emotion, has been on national as well as local news. It's difficult to see in what venue she would receive a fair trial. Cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess.

I used to be vehemently opposed to the death penalty, too. Now I'm not so vehement. Still opposed, but I don't see it as such a black and white issue anymore. Guess I've become jaded in my old age.

IT IS BETTER TO BE NAIVE THAN JADED - Jenny Holzer, Truisms

Is it?

NO, I could not serve on this jury I had dreams of this prior to the BOND hearing and I know I could not contain my emotions............ GUILTY.

I have served on jury's before local and federal cases I did feel it was my civic duty and even though I hated the waste of time I would serve on a jury again, but not way could I on this case, I would probably get arrested for sharing opinions....................... soon as KC walked into the room. I would be in the need of a public defender ASAP................. They would probably lock me up for a pyche eval................ if I did share all my thoughts on this case............... but in my heart I know I am right!!!!!

I do think this case will be moved out of the OR-LAWN-DO area and I do feel she will get a fair trial because there are many people out there who are not consumed with this case like so many of us.

I would love to be on this jury and I would make my decision based on the evidence presented. However, if they went for the death penalty I would be excused since I am against it and that would disqualify me.

No chance though, I'm on the other coast.

I could do - I would love to! To see and hear all the ins and outs and decide from there.
I'd want to be foreman so I could tell the judge the jury's decision!

Haha!! <- interject evil laugh

I'd love to be on a Jury but I'm a felon and can't be!

The poll doesn't have my answer as a choice.

No, I could not serve as a juror in a Florida state case because I'm not qualified as a juror in that state.
No, I could not serve as a juror in this case because of the information on websleuths -- that would have to be disclosed and it would be extremely difficult for any human being to totally disregard everything on here and having posted opinions so that they could promise to listen only to what evidence is presented in court and follow the instructions given to them by the judge. I would hope anyone who has been exposed to the internet boards and in particular websleuths, if called as a potential juror, would disclose the same immediately to the judge in this case. The need of society to keep our justice system above reproach is far more important than any particular case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back