Justin Billings

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lossmitpro,

For the record, I might sound passionate in writing, but I'm not the least bit upset.

I'm just a logic person. I like a good argument. I welcome a challenge.

And I do like playing devil's advocate. It does help uncover things sometimes.

If you really look at what I've provided, it is rather dispassionate.

I do provide line by line proof to support what I'm saying --- links and reference numbers included. :D

Lossmitpro,

For the record, I might sound passionate in writing, but I'm not the least bit upset.

I'm just a logic person. I like a good argument. I welcome a challenge.

And I do like playing devil's advocate. It does help uncover things sometimes.

If you really look at what I've provided, it is rather dispassionate.

I do provide line by line proof to support what I'm saying --- links and reference numbers included. :D

Oh, I didn't mean to point anyone out, and had no one person in mind -- sorry if I came across that way. Just mostly feeling the general difficulty of making heads or tails of this, while getting heard, but also not possibly putting a scarlet letter on someone who will likely turn out to be totally uninvolved with planning/executing these dastardly affairs.

In fact, here is my own favorite theory right now:

The instrument, leader, triggerman, and catalyst all in one of this whole thing was Pat Poff. He came out of a huge cauldron, a soup of bizarre shady car dealings that extend far and wide, and dope, and people playing tough guys, and people holding grudges, and even engaged in shady (illegal, but non-murderous) dealings, etc.

Did Cab Tice benefit? Sure. So did others who have been named. But did any one, or any group of them likely give Pat a nod, a contract, a go-ahead, an order, or any other explicit instructions to pull this thing off? I am going to keep looking, listening, and thinking, but I think the answer, one that seems unsatisfactory to sleuthing, but likely true to the facts, is No.

Look at the various ways that Pat described this operation, in advance, to the people involved, as well as to potential recruits who ultimately refused to get on board.

Jimmy Seaton's statement with regard to Pat has the ring of truth (as to relating what Pat told him, not what the actual facts may have been), even though like a lot of the folks involved, there are legal/credibility troubles of his own. But, every one of the statements where someone describes Pat talking to them about this (or a similar prototype 'operation') describes a lens that Pat totally customized to them! Even LE got this 'custom' treatment via Pat's own statement to them, regarding shadowy mobsters, gang members, and the need to enlist the "feds", and Cab Tice likely throwing him (Pat) under the bus -- which Tice did not overtly need to do.

Look at what Pat's stepmom said that Pat gave as reasons -- totally ludicrous and seen no where else! -- that Byrd needed to 'go down.'

Think back to the various Myspace pages this guy had. His total fabrications over years and years, recounted through others statements. The fact that even those closest to him, and ostensibly supporting him speak to his unreliability and mental oddities. Look at how loosey-goosey he put this crew together, based on Gary Sumner's statement.

Knew him all of three weeks total.

Other credible witnesses described an attempt to recruit some casual 'drop-ins' to Pam Wiggins house, just off the cuff....

One 'friend' described Pat calling him thirteen times on the day of the crime, to try to cajole him to join even then. And for what reason, with seven trained (???) people already on board, and too many vehicles to even manage well...

This guy was a walking freak show, and it is possible, if not likely, that he alone knew what outcome awaited the victims in that house.

I read the DETAILED REPORTS written by various officers.

They wrote NOTHING about Justin helping with the video equipment.

That's a huge detail that every single officer who wrote a report forgot to include.

So that proves that the detailed reports aren't as detailed as you like to believe.

That shows that there are things that officers forget to put into their reports----like asking him about valuables perhaps.

Goodness, they asked him to help with the video and they didn't write about that in their DETAILED REPORTS.

I'm assuming nothing based on the way they asked the questions.

I'm telling you that the DETAILED REPORTS are flawed.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I think you're confused by what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the transcripted interrogations when I suggest that an officer asked him about valuables/safes/whatever. I'm talking about an officer walking up to him while he was waiting outside and asking him if his parents had valuables/where they kept valuables.

He says in the interrogation transcript that an officer talked to him about it while he was outside. There's proof in the statement transcript that there was a conversation about the safes with an officer that isn't documented in any officer reports released. Add to the fact that entire helping them with the video equipment isn't documented in the released officer reports either, and I'd say it's likely that he did have a conversation about the safes with an officer and he was able to guess (but didn't know for sure) from the questions that there was possibly a safe missing.

I think it's great that you're really involved. But you haven't read all of the detailed reports according to your "tons of" LE comment. You have NO proof there are other documents you haven't accessed. Have you read Hugh Wiggins interview? Pamela Long Wiggins?

I found it interesting that JB described himself as a CSI fan. He claimed to know "exactly" what the police were doing, as if he was one-step-ahead of them. The interview/testimony came across as defensive for some strange reason.

I think it's great that you're really involved. But you haven't read all of the detailed reports according to your "tons of" LE comment.
I have read all of the officers reports. When I have time, I'm going to compile a list of the professionals who were at the scene. There were many people there, more than a various number. And it's already clear that there were more officers there than there are detailed reports. 8 officers alone secured the interior of the house yet we don't have detailed reports from each of them.

You have no PROOF there are other documents you haven't accessed. Have you read Hugh Wiggins interview? Pamela Long Wiggins?
Yes! But for now my focus is on Justin when I read them. That's how I'm doing this. And apparently I'm catching important details by putting my focus on one thing instead of flying through it all of it. That's the only way I can imagine cross referencing all of this information---focus on one person and then sift through everything to see if it all adds up concerning that one person. After that, I'll do the same with the next person.

But it might well take me a week just to feel like I've caught everything about one person. However it works for you doesn't concern me, but I have been able to show you things that have been said that you apparently weren't aware of.

I found it interesting that JB described himself as a CSI fan. He claimed to know "exactly" what the police were doing, as if he was one-step-ahead of them. The interview/testimony came across as defensive for some strange reason.
I can't disagree with you. But I also can imagine that I'd be defensive if I knew that I was becoming a suspect of something I didn't do.

I'm just a debate junking (administer a debate site) who happened to discover this website after I became interested in this case.

This is the first time I ever became interested in a case. I wonder if I'll be hooked for life after this. Yikes!

Some discrepancies/noteworthy facts:

Claimed he cut his finger preparing chicken for chicken and dumplings, yet a later discussion of his movements has him up at 10:00AM, off to mall using GC Grandparent's vehicle, then turning car in, retiring with GC to GC parent's house to watch unspecified movies, until, at 5:30PM they got a call "Dinner's Ready" and walked over... no mention of when this food-prep and accident supposedly occurred, in the second interview.

* After dinner, JB seems very iffy on exactly where they were when that first call came in at 7:51 PM from AB. Seems to indicate they were at dinner with G-parents and left without making any fuss or excuses, but then says were walking between the houses, yet when discussing that call (not April's which he did get while on the road 'halfway to the house') he seems to say "so I continue driving... I continue driving..."

On his knowledge that his dad was shot in head and also had been dragged up the stairs.... the Investigator asking questions is the guy who actually brought him up to operate the camera gear ( In hindsight, perhaps a convenient thing, but a potentially HUGE investigative faux paux, IMHO), to help, and with him, they supposedly only saw the views we are familiar with from news...the investigator tries to confirm this... yet, when pressed on how he knows certain facts, Justin claims to have seen the tape of two men assaulting dad, claims the other policeman with yellow shirt was with him, but then he claims it was before the interviewing investigator got with him... but surely he recalls that the interviewer is the one who brought him in from the car, and then ONLY upstairs, and questions him to ensure Justin saw 'nothing else, right'?

On the safe -- similar confusion -- Justin claims to know nothing of the safe, yet he apparently has been talking about shots in the head and safes being taken BEFORE that information should have been known outside a small group of investigators.

When interviewer mentions how hyper the animals were during investigation at one point, confirm Justin's help: "I've got the dogs'... it seems someone must have had the dogs during the event, too.

Now, all of those probably have some logical explanation, or were just normal human mistakes in conflating two separate events, or errors in interpretation... but it makes me go "hmmmm."

Thank YOU!!!! I have been waiting for someone to bring this up.... how can you get a cut on your hand helping make dumplings but in the second interview you get called when dinner was ready. From reading the second interview it seemed that LE was on to him.... makes me wonder what leads they are currently investigating. Also at the end of the second interview JB says that he is ready to go after he realized that he'd backed himself into a hole... seems to me he would want to get the whole story straight !

The instrument, leader, triggerman, and catalyst all in one of this whole thing was Pat Poff. He came out of a huge cauldron, a soup of bizarre shady car dealings that extend far and wide, and dope, and people playing tough guys, and people holding grudges, and even engaged in shady (illegal, but non-murderous) dealings, etc.

Did Cab Tice benefit? Sure. So did others who have been named. But did any one, or any group of them likely give Pat a nod, a contract, a go-ahead, an order, or any other explicit instructions to pull this thing off? I am going to keep looking, listening, and thinking, but I think the answer, one that seems unsatisfactory to sleuthing, but likely true to the facts, is No.

Look at the various ways that Pat described this operation, in advance, to the people involved, as well as to potential recruits who ultimately refused to get on board.

Jimmy Seaton's statement with regard to Pat has the ring of truth (as to relating what Pat told him, not what the actual facts may have been), even though like a lot of the folks involved, there are legal/credibility troubles of his own. But, every one of the statements where someone describes Pat talking to them about this (or a similar prototype 'operation') describes a lens that Pat totally customized to them! Even LE got this 'custom' treatment via Pat's own statement to them, regarding shadowy mobsters, gang members, and the need to enlist the "feds", and Cab Tice likely throwing him (Pat) under the bus -- which Tice did not overtly need to do.

Look at what Pat's stepmom said that Pat gave as reasons -- totally ludicrous and seen no where else! -- that Byrd needed to 'go down.'

Think back to the various Myspace pages this guy had. His total fabrications over years and years, recounted through others statements. The fact that even those closest to him, and ostensibly supporting him speak to his unreliability and mental oddities. Look at how loosey-goosey he put this crew together, based on Gary Sumner's statement.

Knew him all of three weeks total.

Other credible witnesses described an attempt to recruit some casual 'drop-ins' to Pam Wiggins house, just off the cuff....

One 'friend' described Pat calling him thirteen times on the day of the crime, to try to cajole him to join even then. And for what reason, with seven trained (???) people already on board, and too many vehicles to even manage well...

This guy was a walking freak show, and it is possible, if not likely, that he alone knew what outcome awaited the victims in that house.
Okay. I'll go along.

I get that Pat might have thought of this on his own just out of loyalty to Tice. I also do believe that everyone who went with him thought it was just a robbery. But they were only in the house for four minutes. How did Pat know about the safe? I guess it was common knowledge perhaps.

I could see recruiting people he didn't know for a robbery. But only a stupid person would recruit so many potentially untrusthworthy witnesses for a murder. Is it possible that Pat didnt' plan to murder? Perhaps he has rage issues......

Thank YOU!!!! I have been waiting for someone to bring this up.... how can you get a cut on your hand helping make dumplings but in the second interview you get called when dinner was ready. From reading the second interview it seemed that LE was on to him.... makes me wonder what leads they are currently investigating. Also at the end of the second interview JB says that he is ready to go after he realized that he'd backed himself into a hole... seems to me he would want to get the whole story straight !
I just can't understand why he didn't get a lawyer. His sister got a lawyer right away and she wasn't even in the area at the time of the murders.

The cut/dumplings don't bother me so much. There could be a good explanation, but he's just answering questions that don't lead to the explanation.

Plus, what would his involvement have been that could have caused a cut on his hand?

Thank YOU!!!! I have been waiting for someone to bring this up.... how can you get a cut on your hand helping make dumplings but in the second interview you get called when dinner was ready.

Maybe I missed something?I took it as he helped cut the chicken up and left. Then, he was called for dinner when it was ready. Makes sense to me that he didn't stay there for the entire cooking process.

Plus, what would his involvement have been that could have caused a cut on his hand?

Ever cut up a chicken? Can be tricky. or, he was slicing the dumplings and got himself?

Something stuck out at me with Seatons' statement. He said JR. wanted him to go steal dope from a guy in Fort walton. Beulah and Fort Walton are pretty much in opposite directions. I mean, no way you start towards Beulah and any local thinks he's heading to Ft. Walton.

Maybe I missed something?I took it as he helped cut the chicken up and left. Then, he was called for dinner when it was ready. Makes sense to me that he didn't stay there for the entire cooking process.
That's what I thought too.

Something stuck out at me with Seatons' statement. He said JR. wanted him to go steal dope from a guy in Fort walton. Beulah and Fort Walton are pretty much in opposite directions. I mean, no way you start towards Beulah and any local thinks he's heading to Ft. Walton.
I believe Jr was muddying the details until he knew someone was committed.

Ever cut up a chicken? Can be tricky. or, he was slicing the dumplings and got himself?
I meant if his hand hadn't been cut during chicken prep.

What would his involvement have been in the robbery that could have caused a cut on his hand.

All hypothetical, of course.

What would his involvement have been in the robbery that could have caused a cut on his hand.

:crazy: :crazy:

Sorry...I've literally cleaned tons of fish and never cut myself worth mentioning. However, when going at a whole chicken with a sharp knife, I'm paying close attention.

I can't disagree with you. But I also can imagine that I'd be defensive if I knew that I was becoming a suspect of something I didn't do.

I'm just a debate junking (administer a debate site) who happened to discover this website after I became interested in this case.

This is the first time I ever became interested in a case. I wonder if I'll be hooked for life after this. Yikes!

BBM: Yes you definitely will become a junkie. I got hooked last year during the Caylee case, and I am a WS addict.

I am interested in the Billings case because I live in Southeast Alabama. P'Cola is very close.

BBM: Yes you definitely will become a junkie. I got hooked last year during the Caylee case, and I am a WS addict.

I am interested in the Billings case because I live in Southeast Alabama. P'Cola is very close.

Same here... Caylee brought me to this site and I have become pretty obsessed with her case, JonBenet's, and now this one. I do find myself reading a new case pretty often... never a shortage of amazing info flowing through this website.

I asked myself the same thing! Something about the cut on his hand, and the cutting chicken story bothered me. JB went over what he did that day, didn't mention when he helped cut the chicken, then they got a call dinner was ready. Nobody clarified that part of the story - when he cut the chicken.

But the more I thought about it though, I couldn't figure how he'd have cut his hand if he actually was involved in the break-in.

I think if you are a police interrogator, investigating a horrific violent double murder that occurred during home invasion robbery... zip tie on *one* wrist of victim, a victim yet to be fully processed by CST... and you are interviewing a family member who appears to be acting hinky during the interview... who had means, motive, and maybe even method.... seems to have cuts/abrasions on not one, but on both hands (skateboard and chicken), surely you would ask the questions! Often, physical evidence of cuts abrasions is a critical piece of evidence in an investigation regarding assault/murder.

Even if the kid was otherwise 'clean', you'd be foolish not to get that explanation from him down for the record.

So it may be nothing; in fact, probably is nothing. But it most certainly needed to be covered, based on what we know so far, and they knew at the time.

:crazy: :crazy:

Sorry...I've literally cleaned tons of fish and never cut myself worth mentioning. However, when going at a whole chicken with a sharp knife, I'm paying close attention.

everyone makes the recipe different, but I cook my chicken first, take it off the bone and then make my dumplings.........no knife used...........

Many criminals have had marks, cuts on them........Scott P......farmwork..........OJ Simpson.......cut by glass ........yeah right

everyone makes the recipe different, but I cook my chicken first, take it off the bone and then make my dumplings.........no knife used...........

Many criminals have had marks, cuts on them........Scott P......farmwork..........OJ Simpson.......cut by glass ........yeah right

Gotta agree w/you Passionflower, chicken is cooked first not cut up first - as any Southern cook knows.

Gotta agree w/you Passionflower, chicken is cooked first not cut up first - as any Southern cook knows.

thanks, the cut is a very important piece of the mystery until we KNOW the truth about the cut, how big and where and how he got it!
was there some fight before on that day?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back