Kaine explains the car swap

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
chili_fries said:
The e-mailing the teacher about the project seems fishy too because she would have known the projects would not be needed at school after the fair and the logical thing would have been to pick Kyron up after school and grab the project then instead of having him take the bus home. Especially since Desiree wanted to see the project and they were taking Kyron to her house that night. It's clear to me why this stuff doesn't add up.

Exactly!

What bothers me the most about this detail is that Kaine was back at home before the bus got there, and on Dateline it was stated that it took them only five minutes to get to the school when they discovered that Kyron wasn't on the bus!

But when Kaine got home, Terri didn't say: One of us should go get the science fair project, otherwise I'll have to borrow the truck again on Monday. :waitasec:

Therefore, TH didn't really need the truck because Kaine could have gone by the school to pick Kyron and the science fair project up, or she could have used the truck to pick Kyron up after Kaine got home!

Even if she didn't know that Kaine was coming home early that day, she could have still planned to pick Kyron up - although it's interesting that the baby was down for a nap just before the bus came. In Kaine's story on Dateline, there didn't seem to be any urgency at all about picking up the science fair project, even though it wasn't in the truck. What the heck is going on with this?

So it seems as if Terry must have told Kaine that Kyron had decided to ride the bus for some reason, or that the projects didn't have to be picked up that day after all. And therefore the car swap was actually unnecessary for the science fair project.

I wish we had the return email from the teacher.

And anyway, I agree with those of you who say that a science fair board can fold up to go in a car trunk, and a bunch of little frogs wouldn't take up that much space. I've transported lots of science fair projects in a regular car before!!! And I have three kids, so I definitely had car seats and everything else in the car.

That audio interview cleared up a lot of questions I had on the truck. Both KH and DY agreed the truck was needed to transport the project due to it's size and that the truck was also used to take the project to the school. They also stated the SF reports were to have done on Thursday.

So maybe TH thought she could pick the project up first thing in the morning only to find out when she got there that the projects would have to stay in place until all the students got to tour them and that wasn't expected to be over with until 10am. Two hours is a long time for a someone with a toddler that has to be watched/held so I could see why TH might decide to leave and then email the teacher as to when she could come get it.

That makes sense, except that Desiree said in the audio interview that the plan was for Kyron to bring the project to Desiree's so she could see it. So if Terri realized at 845am that she couldn't hang around until 10 with the baby just so she could bring the project home, the next logical thing to do (if Kyron was bringing it to Desiree's house) was to simply arrive at school before it let out, pick up Kyron and project and bring them home all at once.

In fact it would have made more sense for Terri to tell Kaine to go get Kyron and the project so Kyron could proudly show it off to his dad while it was still displayed, then father and son could pack it up and truck it home, get Terri, get ice cream, etc....etc....

That makes sense, except that Desiree said in the audio interview that the plan was for Kyron to bring the project to Desiree's so she could see it. So if Terri realized at 845am that she couldn't hang around until 10 with the baby just so she could bring the project home, the next logical thing to do (if Kyron was bringing it to Desiree's house) was to simply arrive at school before it let out, pick up Kyron and project and bring them home all at once.

In fact it would have made more sense for Terri to tell Kaine to go get Kyron and the project so Kyron could proudly show it off to his dad while it was still displayed, then father and son could pack it up and truck it home, get Terri, get ice cream, etc....etc....

Exactly Ami. That continues to be a sticky problem for me. Why pick him up at the bus..when you've specifically kept the truck for just that reason? Even if the e-mail to the teacher about timing for pick up of project wasn't responded to yet, at the very least by the end of the school day, TH or KH could have picked Kyron AND his project up. It just doesn't pass the smell test for me personally.

Exactly Ami. That continues to be a sticky problem for me. Why pick him up at the bus..when you've specifically kept the truck for just that reason? Even if the e-mail to the teacher about timing for pick up of project wasn't responded to yet, at the very least by the end of the school day, TH or KH could have picked Kyron AND his project up. It just doesn't pass the smell test for me personally.

Skyline's policies would not allow them to change the after-school transportation that late in the day. See below and BBM.

Temporary Changes or
Alternate Pickup Plans
On occasion, student’s regular after
school destinations or method of transportation
changes. Students need written
permission to go home with another
student/adult or ride a different
bus. With exceptions for emergencies,
these alternate plans must be made
prior to the start of the school day.
It
is important that any emergency
changes be made by 2:00 in order to
insure that the message is able to be
passed along to your child's teacher. A
written note is required before a bus
pass can be issued. If a student does
not have a note, he/she will ride his/her
regular bus, or be sent to his/her
“normal” destination.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/school-skyline/Parent_Handbook_2008-Final.pdf

It all just begs the question of why Terri didn't follow Kyron to the classroom that morning and ask the teacher when she needed to take home the project, instead of emailing later in the day. Especially if she knew the policy of not changing transportation. Although if a parent arrived at school before the buses got there, they could probably get the child out with no problem. But Terri didn't do that - she was facebooking when Kaine got home.

:waitasec:

She never took it home, it's in news clips of his classroom filmed after he was missing.

This is puzzling to me. It was the last day of school. Since he was susposedly riding the bus home, then when was she going to get the project. Strange! Why did she just take it when she susposedly left him at the school?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agent 9
Back