Kaine explains the car swap

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A big pick up truck for a tri-fold poster and a diorama? Seriously? Two kids in the back, driver up front, her purse and diaper bag in the front passenger seat where she can reach it, science fair poster and box in the trunk. I mean if they were moving a couch, yeah, the truck. But a poster??

So someone brought up that the white truck would have been less obvious in their neck of the woods. Why else would she need a truck? Four wheel drive? Something really big in the back (won't go into anything gruesome)?

A big pick up truck for a tri-fold poster and a diorama? Seriously? Two kids in the back, driver up front, her purse and diaper bag in the front passenger seat where she can reach it, science fair poster and box in the trunk. I mean if they were moving a couch, yeah, the truck. But a poster??

So someone brought up that the white truck would have been less obvious in their neck of the woods. Why else would she need a truck? Four wheel drive? Something really big in the back (won't go into anything gruesome)?

You can't swing a cat in this town without hitting a white truck (I do not swing cats BTW). My boyfriend has one, half my neighbors have one. If you want to blend in to this town drive a white pick up truck.

If his only project were that cardboard red eyed tree frog exhibit, I don't see why that couldn't fit in the Mustang? Unless she was good about making Kyron sit in the backseat (as he should at his young age, in a booster as well but anyway) and then it wouldn't fit?

Maybe she had the baby seat in the backseat of the mustang and her trunk was full of her gym stuff? Just a thought....

She would need the truck if she planned on buying something during the day that wouldn't fit in the mustang.

This makes me wonder...were the Science Fair ribbons/awards already given by the morning of June 4th?

Was there even awards given out?? Ive never heard one way or the other

I wish Kaine would clear up, If he knows whether Kyron was to be in the talent show, and if Terri was to attend or not

I wish Kaine would clear up, If he knows whether Kyron was to be in the talent show, and if Terri was to attend or not

I saw someone ask Kaine and Desiree about the talent show and if Kyron was going to be in it and I think they both said they never heard about it. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here it is.

Kyron's parents addressed accounts that he was scheduled to perform in a talent show the day he disappeared, saying they didn't know it beforehand. They also explained why they weren't involved in the extensive ground search, saying they aren't search-and-rescue-certified and didn't want to get in the way.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_parents_reveal_n.html

This also leads me to think it was premeditated. Unless Kaine drove by the school and saw the billboard announcing the show he wouldn't have known or he might have expected TH to go. He might have been able to go to the end of it and help pick up the project at the time if he had known.

It's really interesting that Terri indicated that she was planning to attend the science fair and that she was picking up Kyron's project that day, since she didn't end up doing either.

I mean, if she just said that to get the truck, then what did she need the truck for? Say she did do something to/with Kyron. Why would that require a truck instead of a car? Was there some sort of premeditation involved? If so, she must have been thinking, "I plan to do X, so I will need the truck to facilitate my plan."

On the other hand, she could have really been planning to attend the science fair and pick up the exhibit and truly felt she'd prefer to use the truck for those activities, with no premeditation of any crime. (She obviously couldn't be planning to come back and pick up the exhibit if she had known ahead of time that there would be no Kyron either with her or at the school.) So what could have happened to change her plans and make her leave before the science fair got underway and lead to her not picking up the exhibit after all?

And why, if Kaine was planning to come home in the early afternoon, would she not just wait until then to use the truck?

It's frustrating to feel that a detail like this is significant, but not be able to figure out whether it points to premeditation of a crime or away from it.

Kaine never says the issue with the truck or car is part of the investigation. So maybe it has no bearing in the case at all.

I'm wondering if we're seeing the beginnings of a split in the tight family front.

After DY's comments about Kyron breaking down in sobs when he had to come home, I wondered how KH would feel about it.

And after all the talking KH has done in the last couple weeks, I have to wonder just how comfortable LE (and TY) are with it.

How is that any different to the interviews that Desiree and Tony are doing exactly?

Kaine never says the issue with the truck or car is part of the investigation. So maybe it has no bearing in the case at all.

Well they did put out the flyer, asking If Terri and the truck were seen that day, seems as if it has some bearing, at least the truck does, and the truck was searched

Well they did put out the flyer, asking If Terri and the truck were seen that day, seems as if it has some bearing, at least the truck does, and the truck was searched

Yes in her timeline, etc.... but Im saying perhaps not in the fact that she used the truck rather then the car that day.

Maybe she did not want to take her car because she did not want to get stuck in the mud on SI. I wonder if LE took samples of the tires?

Praying for Kyron to come home today.....:praying:

I have a mustang and my husband has a big truck. Whenever I have to haul things I do usually still take my car (with my children in tow) if I figure I can smush everything in there. That's because getting the car seat transferred to another vehicle (and seated properly) is a big pain in the tail for me. Not to mention the fact that even though his truck is also an extended cab, the seats in the back are less than ideal for getting that thing hooked in the right way.

But if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of stopping, getting in and out, I'd much rather take his truck. I'm not sure what type of car seat she uses for her daughter, mine is an infant car seat. And that thing is not easy to be constantly getting in and out of a car in a long day's worth of errands, especially when driving a car that is that low to the ground. But then again, I'm eat up with arthritis and back pain (military worked me too long and hard! lol.) So even taking the extra time to get prepared to use our truck is well worth it to me if I have a long day out, much less bending over and contorting.

I'm probably the last person to make excuses for Terri Horman by the way, lol.

Do we know whether or not Terri took the project there the day before and set it up so it was ready for the next morning? If Terri took it there the same morning, that day and knew that she was picking it up later that day then why did she have Kyron take the bus home? If she did go back to pick up the project then don't you think that someone would have saw her there in the afternoon? Did Kaine see the project when he got home? If Kaine was home early why wouldn't he have picked up the project?

BBM~

That would be my best guess. He was simply not paying attention at that point. Or maybe he wanted to be oblivious, KWIM?

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but do we know that Kaine didn't have these questions immediately? He and Desiree have pretty much said they questioned TH's invovement from the beginning and this may be one of the reasons why.

Do we know whether or not Terri took the project there the day before and set it up so it was ready for the next morning? If Terri took it there the same morning, that day and knew that she was picking it up later that day then why did she have Kyron take the bus home? If she did go back to pick up the project then don't you think that someone would have saw her there in the afternoon? Did Kaine see the project when he got home? If Kaine was home early why wouldn't he have picked up the project?

That's what I'm wondering. Kaine is home by 1:45. Why didn't they get in the truck and pick up Kyron and his exhibit after school? Why let him ride the bus home?

Is it because they/she knew he wasn't at the school to pick up?

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but do we know that Kaine didn't have these questions immediately? He and Desiree have pretty much said they questioned TH's invovement from the beginning and this may be one of the reasons why.

My first reaction to this article was picturing LE asking Terri, "Did you tell Kaine you needed the truck that day to pick up the science-fair exhibit?"
And her going, "Yes."
Then, "Why didn't you pick up the exhibit?"
And her just shrugging and going, "I don't know. I just decided not to."

It seems to me like the kind of responses that they might have been getting from her in trying to clear up the timeline.

she could always have said the baby was fussing and she decided to leave early. Since K said she had the baby with her.

This thought just entered my mind... probably nothing and not sure I am heading this way yet, but I wanted to hash it out a bit. This is a total "what if" scenario.

What if TH didn't necessarily need the truck that morning? What if she just had to make sure it wasn't her in the mustang that day?

What if that day was the day? What if TH had found someone other than the landscaper to pull the job off on KH? Maybe she didn't want to deal with Kyron coming home that day and finding out his daddy would never be coming home. Or, maybe she planned all along to "take care" of Kyron while someone else took care of KH that day.

What if KH walking in the door from his day at work that afternoon, was the first indication to TH that someone didn't keep up their end of the bargain?

I'd imagine personalized plates would make a hit mans job a lot easier, and minimize the chance for mistakes.

Just a thought while reading about the car swap. Like I said, probably nothing but a crazy thought in my head this morning. I mean, if Kyron was heading to his moms that night anyway, then why not just hold off on any plans for KH until then, right? Yeah... I just punched holes in my new mini-theory I think :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back