Kaine tells us about Terri and PPD - what role does it play in this case, if any?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am thinking if things were so bad, why on earth didn't he talk to DY about her taking Kyron. I heard in one interview that she was now finding things out. I wonder if these are some of the things. What a mess.

My guess is that he just didn't understand the disease and/or the seriousness of it. Just like I wouldn't if someone in my life had it, since I've never experienced it. Plus, her doctor may have been one of those who discredited or downplayed it to Kaine. Not to mention it's seems a little tabboo, ya know? A man having to admit his wife may not love their baby? It's a tough, tough subject.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it is quite interesting and makes it clear that LE is NOT orchestrating these new finger pointing sessions:

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences. The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276&alert=1

Wow, so much to comment on. I believe Kaine--the diagnosis is easily confirmed by her doctor & why would he make it up. I don't think he was being contradictory when he stated that it lasted over a year and she was okay after 6 months. My guess is that she wasn't diagnosed until 6 months after --and then he was told to watch her for six months and then she seemed okay. This diagnosis would explain everything, although it doesn't bode well for Kyron. My guess is they have the OK from LE to get this out there so Terri's lawyer will know there is mitigation. I don't think Kaine has Asperger's--he looks people in the face when talking with them and that's one thing Asperger sufferers cannot do.

bbm

I have no idea if Kaine has asperger's or not, but that's not necessarily true. Maybe for many, but not all.

PPD is a very normal thing to have.That is very normal after having a baby.I don't think she had PPD when Kyron came up missing.It was probably over by 18 months.I strongly feel any fighting they had was probably very mutual and nothing to do with PPD.

Just because Kaine does not know what meds his wife was on does not mean she was not on any.

My son has been taking the same daily medication for the past 3 years and my husband (who occasionally administers it) could not tell you the name of it - he just knows what it's for.

I agree, my husband knows I take meds for cholesterol and HTN but he would not be able to tell you what they are called. When our kids are on antibiotics or something he also wouldn't be able to tell you the name. Similarly, if he is put on a med himself he often doesn't pay attn to the name. I have asked him what the doc gave him before and had him answer "I don't know, it's for *advertiser censored* but I don't know the name" so I have to check when he picks it up from the pharmacy.

Why is he talking to the WW? I thought he banned them and they were not "team players"

My guess is that he just didn't understand the disease and/or the seriousness of it. Just like I wouldn't if someone in my life had it, since I've never experienced it. Plus, her doctor may have been one of those who discredited or downplayed it to Kaine. Not to mention it's seems a little tabboo, ya know? A man having to admit his wife may not love their baby? It's a tough, tough subject.

FWIW....

PPD has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not someone LOVES THEIR BABY. There is no stigma involved in this diagnosis at all. Many here today have admitted to having this illness, and while I personally have no experience with the symptoms, I certainly would never assume that those posters who report having gone through this did not love their children to the fullest extent.

I'm not excusing anything Terri may have done because of these problems. She still has to be accountable for her actions. I just think that maybe Terri wasn't in control and wasn't able to get in control and had to listen to the voices that convince you to do something evil in order to protect your baby. God help her.

I hope it's okay to have snipped this for space. I'm very glad you and your child are okay. Whenever crimes like this one we're discussing happen there's stories similar to yours. That you hid it from everyone around you, even the closest to you. I believe more women suffer from this than not and never share their stories after the fact. I have always personally believed it's far more common than anyone imagines.

But few harm other people's children and hire hit men. (for sake of discussion meaning I'm not accusing her of any wrongdoing at this point just eluding to what her husband said in the RO).

PPD and PPP are very different-Post Partum Depression is unlikely to cause her to harm Kyron 19 months after the birth of her child. Post Partum Psychosis is a viable defense, but certainly not 19 months after the birth of a child.

I think there is a lack of understanding regarding this...JMO. Intractable Depression is unlikely to cause her to plot to disappear her step son so sucessfully that he cannot be found by the FBI. Not buying it. Sorry.

Why is he talking to the WW? I thought he banned them and they were not "team players"
I feel he needs to quit talking now.All of this really is starting to look like a severe smear on her.First nothing from them.Now all this?

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it is quite interesting and makes it clear that LE is NOT orchestrating these new finger pointing sessions:

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences. The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276&alert=1
I am very relieved to see and read this.It gives me alot more respect for LE.Maybe it's time to put GAG orders on everyone now.It really has gone on way to far.

I agree, my husband knows I take meds for cholesterol and HTN but he would not be able to tell you what they are called. When our kids are on antibiotics or something he also wouldn't be able to tell you the name. Similarly, if he is put on a med himself he often doesn't pay attn to the name. I have asked him what the doc gave him before and had him answer "I don't know, it's for *advertiser censored* but I don't know the name" so I have to check when he picks it up from the pharmacy.

I agree especially the generics for this and that. Those names are a mile long who can pronounce them if asked, I ask you? I can't verbalize them to my own doctors if they ask me what I'm taking; sheesh!

Forget what other adults in my household are 'on' at any given time for any given malidy. My hubby's been on two meds for decades. I couldn't spell them this minute if my life depended on it, yet I do love him dearly and we've been man and wife for nearly half a century. I'd hate to be accused of misconduct like Kaine is by some. Overnight the biological parents have become the brunt of criticism. It's just wrong in my opinion to blame them. I don't believe law enforcement thinks they harmed their own son for one minute.

I wonder if Kyron will ever be located? If she's deceptive on her polygraphs maybe she does know his whereabouts and if so shame on her. Is it possible that some people are just plain mean?

I feel he needs to quit talking now.All of this really is starting to look like a severe smear on her.First nothing from them.Now all this?

What I want to know is who smeared the 7 year old little boy, Kyron?

Does anybody think bashing his Mother and Father is a good thing? I suppose some do so long as it takes the focus off the last adult entrusted with his care when he vanished to heaven knows where.

I'm interested in the part of the interview where DY says that TH has been lying for the last 7 years that she's known her.

What makes her say something so broad? Did she gradually realize this about Terri, or is it a "hindsight" revelation because things are becoming more clear in her mind about Terri's behavior.

And, if this is the case, PPD would not be the cause of odd/deceiving behavior for all that time.

If I were a speculating type of person, I'd speculate that Desiree found out that it wasn't a platonic relationship between her husband and Terri 7 and 1/2 years ago.

PPD and PPP are very different-Post Partum Depression is unlikely to cause her to harm Kyron 19 months after the birth of her child. Post Partum Psychosis is a viable defense, but certainly not 19 months after the birth of a child.

I think there is a lack of understanding regarding this...JMO. Intractable Depression is unlikely to cause her to plot to disappear her step son so sucessfully that he cannot be found by the FBI. Not buying it. Sorry.

Thank you. My sentiments exactly and that doesn't even include the hit man-hire-attempt-on-hubby listed in the restraining order.

K & D on the CBS Early Show.

They are not denying someone else maybe involved. In fact they are hoping someone else is because that would mean Kyron is being taken care of.

K - Were not having money problems.
K to the ? "Were either of you having an affair?" - K - Not that I am aware of.

D says her first thought when she got the phone call that Kyron went missing from Terri - You better not have done anything to my son.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6661870n&tag=related;photovideo

FWIW....

PPD has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not someone LOVES THEIR BABY. There is no stigma involved in this diagnosis at all. Many here today have admitted to having this illness, and while I personally have no experience with the symptoms, I certainly would never assume that those posters who report having gone through this did not love their children to the fullest extent.
I agree and PPD is usually over in about 6 months.I doubt she had it for a year.It's just from hormones from having a baby.Your hormones do get back to normal after a baby.PPD is usually for a short time after giving birth.I've had a few babies so I do know this.PPD is NOT a mental disorder.It's hormonal.

What I want to know is who smeared the 7 year old little boy, Kyron?

Does anybody think bashing his Mother and Father is a good thing? I suppose some do so long as it takes the focus off the last adult entrusted with his care when he vanished to heaven knows where.

For me, I do not think bashing anyone will help with this case. HOWEVER, there were only two people in this world ultimately responsible for deciding who should care for Kyron. Both of them chose to willingly relegate that care to TH for many years. The adults "entrusted with his care" were his bio parents, who had dozens of choices available to them. If this is the choice they willingly made, then they do and MUST share responsibility if that person harmed this child.

jmo

Kyron's parents told CNN that Terri Horman seemed to focus on herself and how she felt instead of focusing on finding Kyron.
"We were all charging ahead and doing everything we can to find our son … we had someone who was not willing to do that," Kaine Horman said.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

I agree and PPD is usually over in about 6 months.I doubt she had it for a year.It's just from hormones from having a baby.Your hormones do get back to normal after a baby.PPD is usually for a short time after giving birth.I've had a few babies so I do know this.PPD is NOT a mental disorder.It's hormonal.

Just read on a Mayo clinic website that it often lasts for a full year, and will recur if not treated properly. I will go get the link and edit it in here, as it has a ton of relevant information. One thing that was repeatedly emphasized was family support and counseling in addition to medications.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/postpartum-depression/DS00546

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back