Kaine wishes the MFH plot would have gone through

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Incredibly sad.

Kaine, remember that if the MFH plot had gone through, although Kyron would have gone to live with Desiree, baby K would not have had you there for her. And she definitely needs her dad's love to get through the life that's ahead of her.

Maybe Kaine thinks Terri wouldn't hurt her own?

He must feel like her motive is to hurt him (Kaine) and that since she couldn't kill him - she would hurt him in some other way.

Not that she is really out to hurt Kyron - but it's her twisted way of hurting him.

My question is this; What was so wrong in this marriage that TMH felt she had to order a hit on him or make Kyron go away? What went on to lead up to this?

I guess I don't see how a child is better off with his father having been murdered as the other option. I could see if he expressed regret for not reading the signs better, for not being a more attentive father and husband so that he'd be on track with the signs of a crazed wife (my words but the intent of all of Kaine's words of late are to paint a picture of a crazed woman). I am merely wondering how being dead would be better for Kyron if Kyron were still at home.

Because if he were dead, TH would not need to harm Kyron in any way. Kyron would still be alive and not with TH. It's called sacrificing his life for his son's life if he could. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

And it's not a comment based on what we believe about Terri, but what KH believes about Terri. In that context, it makes perfect sense.

Unfortunatly, unless something greater comes forward and the cyber-world disappears, Baby K is going to be able to read everyone's words, including what everyone is saying about her mother.

Yeah, thats unfortunate, but maybe Baby K's mother should have thought about that before she solicited someone to kill her daughters father? Because thats what Kaine was told by the LE.

That is beyond sad, Im thinking Terri was hoping Kaine would have commited suicide over Kyron being gone, then she would have been free of the both of them JMO

IF...(big IF) If Terri is responsible, I wonder if SHE sent him to the
"cool electricity project" and the shock was meant for Kaine.

I suspect Kyron thought he had a Doctors appointment,

His mind's probably going twenty directions at once trying to process everything, but my take is that he sometimes feels like if that plot had been successful, he would be out of the way and she wouldn't have used Kyron to try to hurt him (as he may wonder or believe she did), and/or Kyron would've been living with DY and out of TH's reach.

If that's the case, and it is to be believed she wanted Kaine dead, and in his stead chose to harm his child, what great harm could Kaine have perpetrated against Terri to get her to carry something like this off? If MFH wasn't gonna work, what the heck could have propelled her to go this far?

It doesn't make sense with the answers we've been given, and it surely doesn't make sense based in Kaine's guilt for not having protected Kyron to the point of wishing he'd been killed instead.

It appears so (from the same linked article) http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/29/kyron-horman-update-kaines-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

"Desiree Young: I think that all of us in this case that’s close to Kyron, all of us feel guilty to a certain degree about what it is that we’re going to feel guilty about. … I’ve been told by my counselor it’s very healthy and normal. It doesn’t feel normal, it doesn’t feel healthy, but you know, I feel guilty I wasn’t here to protect him. And that’s our job is to protect our son, and I feel like I failed in that."

Survivor's guilt. I think anyone who has ever lost a child wishes they could have gone instead. I think this is part of Kaine and Desiree's natural grieving process as they try to accept the inevitable reality.

I feel sorry for Baby K. too - she has lost a big brother who might have been her best friend in life. :furious: It will be years before she knows the truth, but her life is already changed forever.

My heart just breaks for them. :cry:

Yeah, thats unfortunate, but maybe Baby K's mother should have thought about that before she solicited someone to kill her daughters father? Because thats what Kaine was told by the LE.

I am still on the fence regarding the MFH until I know if the landscaper was given a poly and passed it.

It was be very interesting to find out if there had been a life insurance policy taken out on Kyron or Kaine by TH. Is there a way for investigators to find out such things?

You're right, and we both know well one father in particular who expressed this very same sentiment and it has been used to indicate he's guilty .... of something.

If you're talking about Ronald Cummings saying, "I would give my life for my child's life back", IMO it was thought a bit hinky because it presupposed she was dead and he said it so early, on day 1 when no one was supposed to know what happened to Haleigh, whether she was alive or dead or whether she'd be found soon. It would have been hinky to me if Kaine had said so on day 1 too. Not so much now when he could have more information that could lead a person to think that Kyron is gone for good. (Of course we have no idea what he said on day 1.)

Survivor's guilt. I think anyone who has ever lost a child wishes they could have gone instead. I think this is part of Kaine and Desiree's natural grieving process as they try to accept the inevitable reality.

I feel sorry for Baby K. too - she has lost a big brother who might have been her best friend in life. :furious: It will be years before she knows the truth, but her life is already changed forever.

My heart just breaks for them. :cry:

As there are other step siblings of Kyron's as well. Im sure they miss him as well.

If that's the case, and it is to be believed she wanted Kaine dead, and in his stead chose to harm his child, what great harm could Kaine have perpetrated against Terri to get her to carry something like this off? If MFH wasn't gonna work, what the heck could have propelled her to go this far?

It doesn't make sense with the answers we've been given, and it surely doesn't make sense based in Kaine's guilt for not having protected Kyron to the point of wishing he'd been killed instead.

It makes emotional sense, not logical sense. Put on KH's shoes and think about it. A lot of this case is not logical, but emotional. If emotion is constantly discounted for logic, then a lot of things aren't going to make sense. I thought this was a thread about the emotion of the situation, not dissecting a grieving father's words. Can't we just feel sorry for this man and not be so judgmental? I mean really, when it comes to emotions, why is there an expectation that they have to make sense?

As there are other step siblings of Kyron's as well. Im sure they miss him as well.

I am sure they do, and probably in time will wonder why Terri wouldnt cooperate with helping to bring the little boy home, but those questions will all come later, and it will be very sad.

That is beyond sad, Im thinking Terri was hoping Kaine would have commited suicide over Kyron being gone, then she would have been free of the both of them JMO

This is something I've wondered quite a bit about with one difference -- that it would only look like suicide (either a successful MFH or a DIY project).

I hate to even think that way, but if it's true she tried it once (that we know of), why not a second go at it.

Kaine Horman: I feel responsible. I feel guilty. It’s my job to protect him, it’s my job to be there for him. I was there for him and someone got past and got him on my watch. I’m very upset about it, I’m very emotional about it. It’s not right. It shouldn’t have happened. We all trusted her. I feel partly responsible.

I in a weird way, I almost wish that her plot that she originally put in place [allegedly, to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine] would have gone through, because he would still be here. So I live with that guilt every day, and you know what, I turn it around, and I [make] it into something positive to go help find him. … I’m not saying I feel directly responsible for it, but I feel really guilty about it. And I wish there was anything I could do to change places with him in any way, shape or form. My life to get him back, it doesn’t matter. I would do anything, I would give anything, and I always would. Up to this point I have always been there in that capacity. Anything bad that happens to him, I wish I could shoulder it for him, [that] I could take it away from him. I wish it would come to me instead of him. It just didn’t go that way this time, and I really wish it would have.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...nes-feelings-about-decision-to-marry-stepmom/

I wonder why he believes that if he would have died, Kyron would still be here?

I think it's understandable that Kaine would feel this way. Hindsight is always better than foresight. I'm sure he's thinking of a lot of "what ifs." What if he had taken Kyron to school that morning? This sort of thing is natural for anyone to think about in the wake of a tragedy.

It makes emotional sense, not logical sense. Put on KH's shoes and think about it. A lot of this case is not logical, but emotional. If emotion is constantly discounted for logic, then a lot of things aren't going to make sense. I thought this was a thread about the emotion of the situation, not dissecting a grieving father's words. Can't we just feel sorry for this man and not be so judgmental? I mean really, when it comes to emotions, why is there an expectation that they have to make sense?

I am halting no one's empathy for Kaine Horman, or Desiree Young, or anyone, for that matter. I am looking at a case as the information and details emerge.

I completely understand where this man is coming from. He's a bigger man than I'd be as I'd be heavily sedated somewhere. Or in jail.

Sad statement...But I like the statement KH made at the very beginning : " We want to keep the focus on Kyron "

Where IS Kyron ?

All JMO

Many of you don't know this but I work in the funeral profession. Kaine's reaction is very normal when a child is lost or dies. I hear similar comments quite often. "Why didn't God take me and allow him/her to live". Similar statements. Kaine is not thinking about how life would be for Kyron if he wasn't there. He is feeling guilt and pain. He is in a sense grieving for what he fears has happened. It is a helplessness that he couldn't do anything about. And I'm pleased to hear he and Desiree have sought professional help.

You're right, and we both know well one father in particular who expressed this very same sentiment and it has been used to indicate he's guilty .... of something.

Big difference in the wording, Debs, BIG DIFFERENCE if you're talking about the other father I think you're talking about.

Something along the lines of, "I'd give my life for my child's life back..." and this was in the very early days after her disappearance, indicating she's deceased when at the time it was an abduction. I don't see that Kaine's statement is similar in any way.

Again, assuming it's Ron you're referring to, maybe I'm wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot
Back