Karr A Possible Krank?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sissi said:
Toast, I see ya lurking :) Tell, share, what do you think of all of this?? Do you think they have their "man"??

I did for a second or two... Then I came here and started reading posts! lol. The posters here are pretty far ahead of the curve when it comes to pointing out flaws in Karr's statements.

Having said that, I really hope he's their man.

- nick

BillyGoatGruff said:
Considering how many people routinely and consistently spell "predator" on this board as "preditor", that is a rather broad assumption. A better hint as to whether someone learned EASL is their syntax and grammar. English is one of the few--if not the ONLY---languages with contractives and possessives. Also, most romance languages sentence structure, when translated, appears backward to us because of this. Ergo "my aunt's house" is "the house of my aunt".
There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who speak fluent English since childhood, but haven't learned to spell or handwrite in English very well.

For this reason, EASL syntax and grammar wouldn't be indicitive if the EASL subject has spoken English since childhood.

BirdieBoo said:
If you'd bothered to look further down on the page you listed, you would see that you have to fill out forms and in most cases have a hazmat cerification license for buying the stuff. It's not easy to get, even on ebay. And 10 years ago? His name and/or address would be on a list somewhere.

>Chemsavers, Inc., we are a laboratory chemical wholesaler providing >research chemicals for the past 18 years. “The sale of this chemical requires an Intended Use Form, for our files http://www.chemsavers.com/IntendedUseForm.htm. This form must completed and be emailed to infochemsavers.com or faxed to (804) 403-6049. Your order is not permitted to be shipped until we have received this form even if it is paid.

Holdontoyourhat said:
There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who speak fluent English since childhood, but haven't learned to spell or handwrite in English very well.

For this reason, EASL syntax and grammar wouldn't be indicitive if the EASL subject has spoken English since childhood.
I'd say there are millions who speak fluent english, including Americans & English, who fit in that category. I don't think the letter was written by anyone using EASL. I do think it was written by someone with a touch of schiz, though. All that rambling and crap.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I don't think the letter was written by anyone using EASL. I do think it was written by someone with a touch of schiz, though. All that rambling and crap.
All what rambling?

The note writer introduced himself and his group, albeit vaguely, and laid out his terms. He outlined JR's schedule for the morning, and emphasized the danger to JBR if JR alerted anyone. He reminded JR not to do anything too rash "use that good common sense of yours..."

This was a very taut and long ransom note. It effectively moved from introduction to conclusion. I'm not saying its author wasn't nuts, but there was no rambling.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Considering how many people routinely and consistently spell "predator" on this board as "preditor", that is a rather broad assumption. A better hint as to whether someone learned EASL is their syntax and grammar. English is one of the few--if not the ONLY---languages with contractives and possessives. Also, most romance languages sentence structure, when translated, appears backward to us because of this. Ergo "my aunt's house" is "the house of my aunt".

I hope you are a language teacher BillyGoatGruff. Any student would be most fortunate to learn from you.

As always, I say we have so many remarkable posters here at WS.

Scandi

BillyGoatGruff said:
If you'd bothered to look further down on the page you listed, you would see that you have to fill out forms and in most cases have a hazmat cerification license for buying the stuff. It's not easy to get, even on ebay. And 10 years ago? His name and/or address would be on a list somewhere.

>Chemsavers, Inc., we are a laboratory chemical wholesaler providing >research chemicals for the past 18 years. “The sale of this chemical requires an Intended Use Form, for our files http://www.chemsavers.com/IntendedUseForm.htm. This form must completed and be emailed to infochemsavers.com or faxed to (804) 403-6049. Your order is not permitted to be shipped until we have received this form even if it is paid.

Ummm.....Why do you think I did not "bother to" (in your words) look at the form?????

I did look at the form and I see that information is requested, it does not say any background check must be passed or that the information is cross-checked in any way.

Something tells me that people who molest/murder little children might not be totally honest filling out the form. Sure, maybe they are completely upstanding citizens except for their penchant for hurting children, personally, I don't subscribe to this opinion.

Additionally, this form states that it is part of the Homeland Security Act, which took effect in 2002, 6 years after the murder of JonBenet.

If you think that a criminal could not gain posession of some chloroform if he wanted, well, that's your opinion.

Firearms have a required registration process as well. Somehow there are still a bunch of unregistered ones out there in the hands of criminals.....I wonder how that happens? :rolleyes:

HOTYH, I'm afraid it does ramble. The writer talks about things that have no bearing and just throws out stuff.

SuperDave said:
"I rather like the idea of chloroform being used, that could explain the lack of signs of resistance on her little body. It would also mean she died without feeling all that pain & terror."

Yes, it could. But chloroform makes you go into fits. The inside of JB's mouth was completely intact and undamaged.

We all hope this is the guy. But I have strong doubts.

Years ago when you could buy chloroform at any pharmacy without prescription my best friends mother was hooked on it. We had to go to pharmacys all over to get it for her so she could get high on it. Many times I saw the cloth to her mouth, inhaling it. Sometimes all day. And, never was there any marks on her mouth or inside her mouth.

Eventually you had to start signing for it and then it got so that we couldn't get it for her at all. I never saw her go into fits. And, believe me, this woman would hold that stuff to her face for very long times. Telling my best friend she had to fly around the room was about the only "fit" she had. ;)

BeeBee said:
Years ago when you could buy chloroform at any pharmacy without prescription my best friends mother was hooked on it. We had to go to pharmacys all over to get it for her so she could get high on it. Many times I saw the cloth to her mouth, inhaling it. Sometimes all day. And, never was there any marks on her mouth or inside her mouth.

Eventually you had to start signing for it and then it got so that we couldn't get it for her at all. I never saw her go into fits. And, believe me, this woman would hold that stuff to her face for very long times. Telling my best friend she had to fly around the room was about the only "fit" she had. ;)
OMG! Was it a particular preparation that contained it? I know fly papers used to contain arsenic and there are celebrated murder cases where the perps soaked flypapers to extract the arsenic. But chloroform????

Jayelles said:
OMG! Was it a particular preparation that contained it? I know fly papers used to contain arsenic and there are celebrated murder cases where the perps soaked flypapers to extract the arsenic. But chloroform????

As far as I know it was straight chloroform in a bottle. My friends mom always told us to ask for the chloroform linament. It was always a brown bottle with about 8 oz. in it.

Could John Mark Karr Have Lying Disorder?

Aug. 19, 2006 — John Mark Karr's stunning confession that he was "with JonBenet when she died" has generated as many questions as it has headlines. The most pressing: Could Karr be making the whole thing up?

Karr may suffer from factitious disorder, according to Dr. Marc Feldman, a psychiatrist who co-authored the books "Patient or Pretender: Inside the Strange World of Factitious Disorders," "The Spectrum of Factitious Disorders," and "Stranger Than Fiction: When Our Minds Betray Us." The condition leads someone to construct a false reality — sometimes to the extent that they begin to believe their own lies.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=2332514&page=1

SuperDave said:
HOTYH, I'm afraid it does ramble. The writer talks about things that have no bearing and just throws out stuff.
Please give me an example of a 'thing that has no bearing' that was 'just thrown out'.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Please give me an example of a 'thing that has no bearing' that was 'just thrown out'.
IMO, taking time to be personal with John seems out of place in a RN. Leave this out and the message is still the same.

Describing how and where the money shuld be collected is of no meaning to a kidnapper. Why should he care how the money was collected.

tumble said:
IMO, taking time to be personal with John seems out of place in a RN. Leave this out and the message is still the same.

Describing how and where the money shuld be collected is of no meaning to a kidnapper. Why should he care how the money was collected.
Which RN statements are you referring to, that you think are rambling?

Going on and on about how much they care about Jb getting a proper burial leaps to mind.

scandi said:
I hope you are a language teacher BillyGoatGruff. Any student would be most fortunate to learn from you.

As always, I say we have so many remarkable posters here at WS.

Scandi
Thanks.

I can read French and German at a 2nd grade level. I can speak French (provided its written out for me in advance) passably well and understand the response, provided they speak slow enough. My parents lived in Europe for 3 years in the 1950s and both could speak 'kuchen deutsch' (kitchen german) and some Yiddish. My great aunt was a language teacher who was fluent in Latin, Greek, Hebrew, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch. When she died of liver cancer back in 1959 she was learning Russian and Chinese. My sister is fluent in French and wrote her Master thesis on Chaucer in Old English. So language and linguistics (if not decent typing) run in the family.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Which RN statements are you referring to, that you think are rambling?
Any ransom note that reads other than:

"We have your daughter. We want xxxx. Call the cops and she dies. Await orders."

is rambling.

JBean said:
Could John Mark Karr Have Lying Disorder?

Aug. 19, 2006 — John Mark Karr's stunning confession that he was "with JonBenet when she died" has generated as many questions as it has headlines. The most pressing: Could Karr be making the whole thing up?

Karr may suffer from factitious disorder, according to Dr. Marc Feldman, a psychiatrist who co-authored the books "Patient or Pretender: Inside the Strange World of Factitious Disorders," "The Spectrum of Factitious Disorders," and "Stranger Than Fiction: When Our Minds Betray Us." The condition leads someone to construct a false reality — sometimes to the extent that they begin to believe their own lies.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=2332514&page=1

Well. Duh.
ALL PEDOPHILES ARE CONGENITAL LIARS.
It's a proven attribute of the breed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members