CA Katerine Bernice Warren age 16, found murdered in Riverside County 1976

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Iameven

Reaction score
While researching another case I found an article on another possible cold case:

Katerine Bernice Warren was identified as the 16 year old found shot in the head and murdered. A road crew had discovered a body a year and a half earlier but remained unidentified until June 1976. Fingerprints and dental records confirmed the identity. The parents are listed as Mr. and Mrs. Deane Allen of Anaheim. The mother and stepfather didn’t report her as missing as they said she had runaway several times.

Article in
Bakersfield Californian23 Jun 1976, Bakersfield, California

Orange County Register23 Jun 1976, Orange, California

I have not found much additional information.

I did find that her father was Franklin Cleo Warren 1935-1980. This is validated with listings in obituary and on his gravestone.

I found the mother’s name to be Judith Cullen (maiden) which came out of the marriage and birth index.

Has anyone else heard of this case? Any additional information?

I’m looking at possible connections to other cases at the time.

While researching another case I found an article on another possible cold case:

Katerine Bernice Warren was identified as the 16 year old found shot in the head and murdered. A road crew had discovered a body a year and a half earlier but remained unidentified until June 1976. Fingerprints and dental records confirmed the identity. The parents are listed as Mr. and Mrs. Deane Allen of Anaheim. The mother and stepfather didn’t report her as missing as they said she had runaway several times.

Article in
Bakersfield Californian23 Jun 1976, Bakersfield, California

Orange County Register23 Jun 1976, Orange, California

I have not found much additional information.

I did find that her father was Franklin Cleo Warren 1935-1980. This is validated with listings in obituary and on his gravestone.

I found the mother’s name to be Judith Cullen (maiden) which came out of the marriage and birth index.

Has anyone else heard of this case? Any additional information?

I’m looking at possible connections to other cases at the time.

I’m confused, was she adopted? Where was she located?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back