Kathleen Savio's death #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Sunny for posting that article.

I am so happy that her family is persuing this line with Drew. They deserve and the children deserve to have this reopened and examined by a jury that has more facts then the last jury did.
I certainly agree with you Delta Dawn it's about time I think Dp knew it was coming I hope John Q can do good for the Savio family.

SNIP:

The filing also contains a document showing that immediately after Carroll was named executor of Savio's estate, Carroll, acting as his own attorney, fired Savio's divorce attorney.

Sixteen days later during final divorce proceedings a publicly appointed administrator noted that no one representing the children's interests was present in court when all of the couple's assets, other than Savio's life insurance, were awarded to Drew Peterson. He said the effect of the judgment was to transfer anywhere from $144,000 to $288,000 from the four children who were beneficiaries of the estate to Drew Peterson. One person who was familiar with the case wouldn't go on camera but summed up the division of assets this way saying, "They screwed the kids to benefit Drew Peterson."

I heard early on that Drew is estranged from his son Eric - something to do with Kathleen's death. Could this be it? "They screwed the kids to benefit Drew Peterson." Wow, my opinion of him just went lower, and I honestly didn't think that was possible. Speechless here.......

SNIP:

The filing also contains a document showing that immediately after Carroll was named executor of Savio's estate, Carroll, acting as his own attorney, fired Savio's divorce attorney.

Sixteen days later during final divorce proceedings a publicly appointed administrator noted that no one representing the children's interests was present in court when all of the couple's assets, other than Savio's life insurance, were awarded to Drew Peterson. He said the effect of the judgment was to transfer anywhere from $144,000 to $288,000 from the four children who were beneficiaries of the estate to Drew Peterson. One person who was familiar with the case wouldn't go on camera but summed up the division of assets this way saying, "They screwed the kids to benefit Drew Peterson."

I heard early on that Drew is estranged from his son Eric - something to do with Kathleen's death. Could this be it? "They screwed the kids to benefit Drew Peterson." Wow, my opinion of him just went lower, and I honestly didn't think that was possible. Speechless here.......

Yes, early on in the case it was mentioned that Eric and his Dad are estranged due to the way Eric felt his Dad handled the children's portion of the estate UNFAIRLY. Eric never agreed with that part of the whole fiasco.
JMHO

Drew P will probable end up saying that Stacey and Kathy got into it and he covered up for Stacey. Just flashed on that thought when thinking about Brodsky's announcement that there would be no charges brought if Stacey came back.....

Yes, early on in the case it was mentioned that Eric and his Dad are estranged due to the way Eric felt his Dad handled the children's portion of the estate UNFAIRLY. Eric never agreed with that part of the whole fiasco.
JMHO

I remember too something about Eric not believing Kathleen's death was accidental.

We've heard nothing about Eric Peterson. I've wondered if the ISP has interviewed him in regards to his estrangement from his father and asked why he felt the death wasn't accidental.

Eric Peterson is another person, along with Mary P, Thomas Morphey, and the unidentified neighbor who saw DP and another man loading a blue barrel/container into DP's Denali the night of Oct. 28th, that there's been no mention of in media stories.

Drew P will probable end up saying that Stacey and Kathy got into it and he covered up for Stacey. Just flashed on that thought when thinking about Brodsky's announcement that there would be no charges brought if Stacey came back.....

Shhh, don't give them any ideas....

Actually I thought of that too. It would be a prime opportunity for DrewP to put his manipulative and acting skills to work. I can see him now, breaking down and talking about how horrified he was when he found out what she had done, her instability and how he knew he should turn her in, but he "loved" her so much! And I can also see him testifying that he never believed she would ever try to turn it on him. Yeah, sounds like something DrewP would do!

Shhh, don't give them any ideas....

Actually I thought of that too. It would be a prime opportunity for DrewP to put his manipulative and acting skills to work. I can see him now, breaking down and talking about how horrified he was when he found out what she had done, her instability and how he knew he should turn her in, but he "loved" her so much! And I can also see him testifying that he never believed she would ever try to turn it on him. Yeah, sounds like something DrewP would do!

Yes really sounds like a Drew comeback...

Here's my question : Ina civil suit aren't depositions taken prior to trial..would Drew have to sit for a deposition by Kathleen's family. I also thought that was where you are compelled to answer..but maybe you can take the 5th during a deposition..I just don't recall ever hearing that anyone did?
Did OJ..was there a deposition for him prior to the hearing?

Sheer idiocy.

JMHO

Very very interesting. Drew is willing to screw his own children...amazing. Makes one wonder why, then, Steve is so close to him....I know it's his father, but this guy is really something.....

SNIP:

It sounds like the Savio's would have a good case against Carrol, the estate's executor.

I agree you Wudge that the family has a case against Uncle Carroll.

It sounds like the Savio's would have a good case against Carrol, the estate's executor.

Now, that's interesting. I wonder what this guy knows......he'd better have his locks changed...wait, he'd better move with no forwarding address.

Another thing that Carroll did was immediately remove a guardian the court had appointed to independently represent Kathleens estate. Now how the heck was he able to manage that one? There was NO ONE to represent her estate when the property was awarded to Drew. Drew's interest was the only one presented. I just have never heard of such a thing being approved by a court or judge. And that 1 mil policy for the kids, yep, that went to Drew for the kids. In other words Drew has free reign on that money. He would be held responsible for any money mispent. But I'm sure he thought no one would ever hold him accountable.

snip

Another thing that Carroll did was immediately remove a guardian the court had appointed to independently represent Kathleens estate. Now how the heck was he able to manage that one? There was NO ONE to represent her estate when the property was awarded to Drew.
I just have never heard of such a thing being approved by a court or judge.

There's a lot of corruption (for a very long time) unfortunately in Will County system. :eek:
With this case going SO public I feel that will change.

2 more Savio relatives ask to reopen estate
[SIZE=-1]Chicago Tribune - United States
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The father of Kathleen Savio and one of his children have filed notice of their intent to reopen the estate of the former wife of Drew Peterson.[/SIZE]

Attorney Martin Glink filed notice in Will County Circuit Court this week on behalf of Henry J. Savio and Susan Doman.

Their motion would be both a petition to reopen the case and a response to a Jan. 31 petition by Kathleen Savio's sister and brother, Anna Doman and Henry M. Savio, which sought to block the father from being named executor of the estate.

So it looks like it is going to be a sister and brother against a father and another sister. That is going to hurt them. I wonder if the split occurred recently or if it is long standing? This brings to mind the Kathleen Savio website and the split between the family over the site. Does anyone know what the relationships are here? Full, half, step?

Brodsky showed his usual lack of tact in his response from the above article

"This is like trailer park dueling banjos," Brodsky said. "And they don't have a case."

That split will end up hurting the Savio family as JAB will attempt to use it against them.

mysteriew, I'm confused as I didn't get from reading here that the two suits represent a split but I think I'm missing something. I wasn't able to get the article linked by TG "two more Savio relatives ask to reopen estate". It linked to several other video clips but not this one, so I couldn't read the quote you cited in context. It could be that JAB is trying to say it represents a family split in order to stir things up, but I'm not sure that it actually does. What am I missing?

So it looks like it is going to be a sister and brother against a father and another sister. That is going to hurt them. I wonder if the split occurred recently or if it is long standing? This brings to mind the Kathleen Savio website and the split between the family over the site. Does anyone know what the relationships are here? Full, half, step?

Brodsky showed his usual lack of tact in his response from the above article

That split will end up hurting the Savio family as JAB will attempt to use it against them.

Utopia, this is part of what I read that gives me the impression of a split in the family. Also the reaction to the website for Kathleen that Henry Savio did and the rest of the family spoke out against.

Attorney Martin Glink filed notice in Will County Circuit Court this week on behalf of Henry J. Savio and Susan Doman. Their motion would be both a petition to reopen the case and a response to a Jan. 31 petition by Kathleen Savio's sister and brother, Anna Doman and Henry M. Savio, which sought to block the father from being named executor of the estate.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew_peterson_08feb08,0,961456.story

This article is a shortened version of the other article
http://www.wthitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841753

Utopia, this is part of what I read that gives me the impression of a split in the family. Also the reaction to the website for Kathleen that Henry Savio did and the rest of the family spoke out against.

Attorney Martin Glink filed notice in Will County Circuit Court this week on behalf of Henry J. Savio and Susan Doman. Their motion would be both a petition to reopen the case and a response to a Jan. 31 petition by Kathleen Savio's sister and brother, Anna Doman and Henry M. Savio, which sought to block the father from being named executor of the estate.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew_peterson_08feb08,0,961456.story

This article is a shortened version of the other article
http://www.wthitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7841753

Thank you. The Chicago Tribune link still only takes me to the article about DP and Ebay but I was able to access the second one. I wish I knew what was meant by the bolded section you quoted above, esp. "in response to" the earlier petition. The father being referred to in this quote is DP right? (not Savio's father). Still not sure what this all means.

Savio's family files petition

I think this article helps to clarify. In the first petition to reopen the estate of Kathleen Savio filed by Anna Marie Doman and her brother Henry M. Savio they are asking to be named executors to Kathleen's estate.
In the petition they also allege that their father, Henry J. Savio, is "unfit to serve due to hostility in that he has had no relationship with any of the children while they were growing up," failed to support them financially, and "first met his grandchildren at the funeral of Kathleen and has no relationship with them."

The second petition is being filed by Henry J. (the father) and Susan (a sister of some sort). Susan, and presumably the father, are the ones that put up that strange website asking for money. It no longer asks for money but talks about putting on some special event. Its very lame.

CORRECTION: The "kathleenkittysavio" website was done by Susan Doman and Nicholas Savio, a half brother. Here is a Joe Hosey article about it:
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/723928,4_1_JO03_PETERSON_S1.article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara
Back