katie holmes...Did anyone notice

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She's not too thin, IMO. She's fit & trim, and looks to be in excellent health, IMO. I think she looks fabulous.

if anyone remembers how katie used to be - back in the old dawson's creek days - when she had meet on her bones - she was cute. then she really got skinny for a while when she dated chris klein. then she broke up with him then went out with tom.

NOW there is a new actress who looks a LOT like Katie (Ginnifer Goodwin - she was in "Walk the Line" and in the series "Big Love") and she is dating Chris Klien - and she was cute and had a little bit of meat on her like Katie (NOT fat or overweight at all - just normal!). Now she is getting all skinny. It's a distrubing trend. Ginnifer and Katie look like twins in my opinion. Just an observation. Not a Chris Klien fan... I think he's a jerk!

I'm not impressed with Katie's new look. She's only 27 but looks decades older in the outfits she's been wearing lately.

I also think it's bizarre how Suri is never looking at her mother and smiling. She's a cute kid, but there doesn't seem to be a real bond between her and Katie.

Of course I'm of the crowd who thinks the whole marriage is a farce and creeped out by Tom's puppetering of Katie from the nose job to the clothes. :D

Yes, she looks toned. There's nothing wrong with being thin and toned. Nicole Ritchie thin...NO...not good. But obviously, when you look at the pics of Katie in her swimsuit, she is a healthy young woman in her prime.

I think she's beautiful and I think Suri is adorable. To me, Katie looks better now than she did when she started dating Tom. She looks healthy and happy. JMHO, though...

I don't buy into tabloid fodder. I don't know Katie and Tom, so I wouldn't know what their marriage is like.

It SEEMS to me, by looking at their pictures together, that this is a happy and loving family.

I viewed the BRAVO interview of Tom that was done a couple of years ago; it was long...approx. two hours. He seems like such a nice man. He opened up about his family's problems when he was growing up...talked about his dad's illness and his reconciliation with his dad at the time of his dad's death. He had a difficult childhood.

I think the Scientology issues so many people have with Tom somehow impair the image of Tom's personal life to the public. The public doesn't LIKE the fact that Tom is a Scientologist. I sometimes wonder if all the negative crud that gets spewed out there is simply because of Tom's affiliation with this group.

I cringed when I saw Tom's interview with Matt Lauer. Tom did a lot of damage to himself during that interview...it was a mistake. He came across as crass and just a darned know-it-all. Personally, though...and no mud slinging...I agree with what Tom said, I just didn't like Tom's attitude when he was speaking to Matt.

I think Tom feels so strongly about those issues that he couldn't contain his emotions during that interview. I understand that, because I'm like that myself. It's hard to reign yourself in when you feel so passionately about something. I honestly feel that, overall, Tom's a really nice man, but that ONE interview really did him in.

I've stated over on other threads that I used to work in the entertainment field. I've met several so-called big wig celebrities; some of them were really nice and sweet...others were incorrigible and horrid to be around. I've never heard one negative word about Tom from anyone that's ever worked with him.

Anyway...I still wish both Tom and Katie all the best in the world. They look happy and healthy...I hope their marriage lasts and hope they can truly find peace in this world, away from the prying eyes of the public and the camera lens.

Yes, she looks toned. There's nothing wrong with being thin and toned. Nicole Ritchie thin...NO...not good. But obviously, when you look at the pics of Katie in her swimsuit, she is a healthy young woman in her prime.

I think she's beautiful and I think Suri is adorable. To me, Katie looks better now than she did when she started dating Tom. She looks healthy and happy. JMHO, though...

Who said there was anything wrong with being thin and toned? It's being under the influence of Tom and acting like a stepford wife that's disturbing. You can fawn all over them if you want but Tom is a control freak. That's pretty well known by now.

I don't buy into tabloid fodder. I don't know Katie and Tom, so I wouldn't know what their marriage is like.

It SEEMS to me, by looking at their pictures together, that this is a happy and loving family.

I viewed the BRAVO interview of Tom that was done a couple of years ago; it was long...approx. two hours. He seems like such a nice man. He opened up about his family's problems when he was growing up...talked about his dad's illness and his reconciliation with his dad at the time of his dad's death. He had a difficult childhood.

I think the Scientology issues so many people have with Tom somehow impair the image of Tom's personal life to the public. The public doesn't LIKE the fact that Tom is a Scientologist. I sometimes wonder if all the negative crud that gets spewed out there is simply because of Tom's affiliation with this group.

I cringed when I saw Tom's interview with Matt Lauer. Tom did a lot of damage to himself during that interview...it was a mistake. He came across as crass and just a darned know-it-all. Personally, though...and no mud slinging...I agree with what Tom said, I just didn't like Tom's attitude when he was speaking to Matt.

I think Tom feels so strongly about those issues that he couldn't contain his emotions during that interview. I understand that, because I'm like that myself. It's hard to reign yourself in when you feel so passionately about something. I honestly feel that, overall, Tom's a really nice man, but that ONE interview really did him in.

I've stated over on other threads that I used to work in the entertainment field. I've met several so-called big wig celebrities; some of them were really nice and sweet...others were incorrigible and horrid to be around. I've never heard one negative word about Tom from anyone that's ever worked with him.

Anyway...I still wish both Tom and Katie all the best in the world. They look happy and healthy...I hope their marriage lasts and hope they can truly find peace in this world, away from the prying eyes of the public and the camera lens.

LOL, yeah right, like they really want that to happen.:rolleyes:

And IMO, it's entirely possible to be a nice, great guy and a control freak at the same time. I'm sure Tom is smart enough to portray himself to be one way in public and be totally different at home.

Oh but tabloid fodder is such fun! :crazy: You see a happy couple in the pics, I see staged photo ops and bizarre body language.

Also, I have heard just the opposite about him from "people in the industry." He's pretty much known as a total control freak. Aside from that, who goes to work and sets up a tent to promote their religion? I think I'd get fired if I did that.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on he and KatE's relationship (sorry, forgot he changed her name when they started dating). :eek:

What's disgusting about all of this is that Katie is just being ordered around by Tom! About everything! Her weight, her hair, probably (or maybe that was Posh)...everything. She must have no backbone at all and I guess there's no free lunch. If a guy always had his hand or arm on me in public the way Tom does Katie I'd smack the $#!+ out of him! If that's the way he "handles" her in public, can you imagine what goes on at home?

Eve

Tom's behavior with Katie is a perfect example of the "handling" I was trying to describe in this post- http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1527971&postcount=103.

It's the oddest thing to watch because it happens every time ya see these people (Scientologists)!

How it is decided who will be the "handler" depends on how the TR's (training routines) go (If they join together) or whoever has been in the longest. My brothers wife was the "handler" in their relationship, which means she was able to remain unresponsive and maintain the "thousand mile stare" no matter what was said or done during the "bullbaiting".... which can get pretty nasty!

This thing with Katie (major weight loss, her loss of identity, etc) is indirectly related to Tom because he introduced her to Scientology but it is Scientology that has created this new Katie, I'd bet money on it!! I have seen it happen before and it happens almost the same to each person successfully brainwashed by this cult!

All I know is that in that photo, she's got way more lines than I did at an older age but with a baby about the age of Suri.

She looks 40, not her age, and not a Hollywood 40 either--In the words of my dear grandmother (may she rest in peace)

"Honey, you look gaunt."

Tom's behavior with Katie is a perfect example of the "handling" I was trying to describe in this post- http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1527971&postcount=103.

It's the oddest thing to watch because it happens every time ya see these people (Scientologists)!

How it is decided who will be the "handler" depends on how the TR's (training routines) go (If they join together) or whoever has been in the longest. My brothers wife was the "handler" in their relationship, which means she was able to remain unresponsive and maintain the "thousand mile stare" no matter what was said or done during the "bullbaiting".... which can get pretty nasty!

This thing with Katie (major weight loss, her loss of identity, etc) is indirectly related to Tom because he introduced her to Scientology but it is Scientology that has created this new Katie, I'd bet money on it!! I have seen it happen before and it happens almost the same to each person successfully brainwashed by this cult!

And from what I've read, he handpicked the perfect girl to control. I've read in Usweekly that Katie is very laid back, passive and really could never make a decision for herself. And this was way before Tom. The cult probably didn't have to work that hard on her.

JMO because I have no link for that info on Katie.

I think his first two marriages were to strong women, and his third was to a woman he thought he could mold. And he will be paying the price for the rest of his life. Ha ha ha ha!

It's the oddest thing to watch because it happens every time ya see these people (Scientologists)! .....

How it is decided who will be the "handler" depends on how the TR's I have seen it happen before and it happens almost the same to each person successfully brainwashed by this cult!

That is the perfect way to describe it: handling.
I too think this is brainwashing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147
Back