KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven smiling today in court. He's wearing BB's tie. :)

BFwqQEhCEAAZ1GE.jpg:large
LUV, Luv that photo :tyou:
It's about time he had something to smile about! :yesss:

Although, I'm a lot thinner online. Warning! ;)

We are ALL thinner online! Real life adds 20+ pounds. (Some of those pounds are in the form of 2 lb weights - weights that drag our butts and breasts to the ground)

Hugs to John (er, Alfonse)!

Katie,
Prayers continue for your dear Brother (and you too).
Thanks so much for everything you do and are!

Thanks to BB too. The ties are wonderful!

I'm gonna take a hot bath and crawl in bed (if I can find it through the avalanche of clothes in there) and watch Dr.Drew as my bedtime story. :D

Yes Alfonse has a contagious laugh and smile. He is Mr. Positive. He's a joy to be around. He will bounce back..hopefully sooner than later.

BBM
  1. Watch out for that pesky transient global amnesia!
  2. Ahhh, so you taught him about the Law of Attraction!!

On the advice of a dear friend I read this entire thread, post to post. I laughed uproariously and now I'm bawling like a baby...and of course have a story to share of my own.

I met my husband on a complete fluke in 2007. On Myspace of all places! After my mom very unexpectedly passed away in 2006 I was left a complete mess. I went back to my roots, writing, trying to cope with what was an immense loss. During that process I also lost my dad and my abusive marriage finally imploded - but I couldn't imagine my life without my abuser either. I just wasn't strong enough to leave. I read a lot of blog posts during that time.

May 23rd, 2007 I read a poem about a mountain by a British scorpio chap. I commented that I liked the poem and thought it was pretty cool he was a scorpio like me as well. He messaged me back and we became friends pretty quickly. Really, it was like finding my male counterpart half a world away. Everything I believed, so did he. Everything I felt, so did he. Everything I respected, so did he. I fell madly in love with a stranger who was never really a stranger at all.

He's also a psych nurse who has personal family experience with domestic violence. He innately knew what I was going through and he knew he couldn't push me out of a relationship that was hurting me. Instead he reminded me of my own strength and slowly helped me rebuild my confidence and restore my faith in my reality. A month later I filed for divorce. My new friend, now husband, was with me every step of the way - through every threat, every court appearance, every time I found my STBX lurking outside my house. He came along in my life when I would most need him, without me even realizing it. An ocean, thousands of miles, a very chance meeting, and a whole lot of romantic poetry. :biggrin:

Eventually we met in person, I moved, and we married in Scotland in 2009. He is the kindest, most patient soul I've ever met. On our wedding day he started to cry during our vows - promising he'd spend everyday of the rest of our lives reminding me I deserve to be loved and cared for. There's never been a moment of doubt how much he loves me - or how incredibly grateful I am for finding such an absolute gift after so much sorrow.

So I believe pretty strongly in serendipity, fate, kismet, and kindred spirits. And, as I believe is true for my husband and I, angels bring us together. I believe everyone we meet is not without purpose. I'd only posted a bit until this case...and its this case, Travis' case, that has brought out such beauty, such kindness, in so many that I am left in tears from the sheer weight of it all. It seems very fitting.

You all are so much more amazing than I can even find words for - your strength, your conviction, your resiliency mean so very much to me. Thank you all, thank you Katie, and thank you, with an immense amount of gratitude, to our gracious and very beautiful benefactor. I really can't express my gratitude fully or really tell you how much strength so many of you have lent me on the darker days of following this trial, how much you all inspire me to try to be a better person, and how very much you all matter. I am so, so honored just to 'know' you all. You remind me how beautiful the world can be. Thank you so much.

:grouphug:

Such a great story Britskate...thank you for sharing! :hug:

Did you ever know I mentioned you on Tricia's radio show the first time I was on? :)

Such a great story Britskate...thank you for sharing! :hug:

Did you ever know I mentioned you on Tricia's radio show the first time I was on? :)
No... :blushing:

But I am listening to it now. Psst...you're late! :panic:

ETA: Yep. You're still late...but while I'm waiting, I just wanted to say Cindy must be so immensely proud of you. Thank you so much for what you've done for Travis, Laci, and so many other victims we've taken to our hearts. Tricia's right, you are amazing! :hug:

Katie, my prayers continue for your brother. I'm so aware of the roller coaster he is on while he stabilizes and the difficulty in finding just the right mix of medications it will take. That he can live through this hell and still be a loving brother and be grateful to his nurse speaks volumes to me. I am sure that your ever-presence in his life makes all the difference. You are also in my prayers as you are on a roller coaster of your own day after day after day.

BB, I am so happy to hear that the words of love and appreciation here have made it possible for you to get up and around a bit. My prayers are also with you.

While not one to quote the Bible, the words of Ecclesiastes 11:1, "Cast your bread upon the waters: for you shall find it after many days." Ladies and gentlemen, we have found these words to be true. Blessings on you all.

As for Ms. A, I give you Galatians 6:7, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Could this be what this thread is all about?

Just got off the phone with my brother who is down in the swamp of depression and psychosis. My one saving grace is he's in the hospital. I'm going to take a short leave from my practice as this is breaking my heart right now and switching gears to take care of others is too far past my capacity. I'll still keep going to the trial as I can and it gives me something to do off visiting hours but please keep the prayer chain going for us. I'm very scared and sad right now. :(

KCL, will continue to pray.

Have the doctors considered using ECT to treat your brothers depression? It's come a long way in treating depression in those that medication hasn't helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with my brother who is down in the swamp of depression and psychosis. My one saving grace is he's in the hospital. I'm going to take a short leave from my practice as this is breaking my heart right now and switching gears to take care of others is too far past my capacity. I'll still keep going to the trial as I can and it gives me something to do off visiting hours but please keep the prayer chain going for us. I'm very scared and sad right now. :(

You got it girl! Prayers and hugs and positive energy all coming your way!

Katiecoo, This is not the news I was hoping for... you and John are in my prayers. Do what you need to take care of yourself and him... we love you here~ Katrina

The prayers and virtual hugs will NOT stop!! I'm sorry you are scared and sad - I hope you can find a little comfort knowing you are not alone!!! We are all here for you and Alfonse!!! Whatever you need, let us know and we are there for y'all!! ♥ ♥ ♥ Even though there may be miles and miles between most of us, let us know how we can help and we've got your backs!!

The tie and both brothers look mighty handsome.

BB. Thank you again for your spectacular gifts and great spirit.

Can anyone share the back-story of who BB is and her relation to the gifts of the ties, etc?

On the advice of a dear friend I read this entire thread, post to post. I laughed uproariously and now I'm bawling like a baby...and of course have a story to share of my own.

I met my husband on a complete fluke in 2007. On Myspace of all places! After my mom very unexpectedly passed away in 2006 I was left a complete mess. I went back to my roots, writing, trying to cope with what was an immense loss. During that process I also lost my dad and my abusive marriage finally imploded - but I couldn't imagine my life without my abuser either. I just wasn't strong enough to leave. I read a lot of blog posts during that time.

May 23rd, 2007 I read a poem about a mountain by a British scorpio chap. I commented that I liked the poem and thought it was pretty cool he was a scorpio like me as well. He messaged me back and we became friends pretty quickly. Really, it was like finding my male counterpart half a world away. Everything I believed, so did he. Everything I felt, so did he. Everything I respected, so did he. I fell madly in love with a stranger who was never really a stranger at all.

He's also a psych nurse who has personal family experience with domestic violence. He innately knew what I was going through and he knew he couldn't push me out of a relationship that was hurting me. Instead he reminded me of my own strength and slowly helped me rebuild my confidence and restore my faith in my reality. A month later I filed for divorce. My new friend, now husband, was with me every step of the way - through every threat, every court appearance, every time I found my STBX lurking outside my house. He came along in my life when I would most need him, without me even realizing it. An ocean, thousands of miles, a very chance meeting, and a whole lot of romantic poetry. :biggrin:

Eventually we met in person, I moved, and we married in Scotland in 2009. He is the kindest, most patient soul I've ever met. On our wedding day he started to cry during our vows - promising he'd spend everyday of the rest of our lives reminding me I deserve to be loved and cared for. There's never been a moment of doubt how much he loves me - or how incredibly grateful I am for finding such an absolute gift after so much sorrow.

So I believe pretty strongly in serendipity, fate, kismet, and kindred spirits. And, as I believe is true for my husband and I, angels bring us together. I believe everyone we meet is not without purpose. I'd only posted a bit until this case...and its this case, Travis' case, that has brought out such beauty, such kindness, in so many that I am left in tears from the sheer weight of it all. It seems very fitting.

You all are so much more amazing than I can even find words for - your strength, your conviction, your resiliency mean so very much to me. Thank you all, thank you Katie, and thank you, with an immense amount of gratitude, to our gracious and very beautiful benefactor. I really can't express my gratitude fully or really tell you how much strength so many of you have lent me on the darker days of following this trial, how much you all inspire me to try to be a better person, and how very much you all matter. I am so, so honored just to 'know' you all. You remind me how beautiful the world can be. Thank you so much.

:grouphug:

May 23rd has always been a good day for us. We were married May 23 1974 and it's been a good thirty nine years so far. I have a very good husband...my family calls him St. Lee because he puts up with me .LOL

Katie, do take care and extra-strength prayers for you and John. We have your back and are here for you any time.

Continued prayers for John and also you.

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling a little breathing room right now without having to squeeze in my clients while everything else is going on. I had 4 clients yesterday back to back in varying degrees of crisis themselves...it's an intense time right now in the world. I sincerely appreciate the prayers and good thoughts for my dear brother right now. He's been through this darkness before and I do believe he will be lifted and come through stronger than before. I do have faith. It's just horrible to hear the things I'm hearing from him right now and it's definitely a test of my own faith and strength. Thank you for shoring me up. I sincerely appreciate it.

I can't do very much from here but sending every little bit of positive, healing energy I can muster to John and BB both. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

And totally O/T for this O/T thread ;)...thank you for your shout out. It was very thoughtful. I'm thinking about having business cards printed with 'Psychopathic Expert' now. :rocker: That'd be some conversation starter alright!

Really eerie how many of us are not only Scorpios but there's a heckuva lot of Kate's and Kathy's on this thread too! (Not to name names of course, like BritsKATE, but it's really weird. ;))

I can't do very much from here but sending every little bit of positive, healing energy I can muster to John and BB both. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

And totally O/T for this O/T thread ;)...thank you for your shout out. It was very thoughtful. I'm thinking about having business cards printed with 'Psychopathic Expert' now. :rocker: That'd be some conversation starter alright!

Ok that post just really made me chuckle out loud and I'm smiling as I type this. That cracks me up..did I call you that? hahaha! Yes, I will send you a letter of reference too..lol. Thank you Britskate. I think this should be called the OT thread for people to find inspiration and blow off steam and hopefully feel uplifted and comfort. Iknow it's doing that for me.

I re read the entire Sat. Night Storyhour again this morning (page 14 on) and I felt better just reliving it. There is goodness in this world. And it's evidence is right here.

Much love to you ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member