KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had dinner with Katie Cool Lady tonight! luv luv luv her :) Hope u know I am ur adopted big sister now! Such an enlightened soul!

This is why I feel your blog is important. It's one thing to lose a loved one from disease or an accident. To have someone you love ripped from you in a senseless manner is difficult for us to understand how it invades your whole life forever. I hope when all this is done the Alexander's will be willing to share, too. My husband died in 2005 and ironically his middle name was Alexander. He was an amazing person and still is, very much like Travis. lol

My father and brother's middle names are also Alexander. Xoxo

Thank you KcLady and everyone for sharing your experiences. It's like an affirmation to me which I embrace with all my being.
I know that such communication does happen, not only with our beloved deceased but also the living that we love with pure mind, heart and spirit. It's about being on the same plane, the higher self. Just allow your mind to be free of external interference, and receive.

My signature speaks to this path. It keeps me in line when I'm too impatient craving to know, to understand.

Live the questions now
Perhaps then, someday far in the future,
you will gradually, without even noticing it,
live your way into the answer.
☼Rainer Maria Rilke

I don't have the courage to share my many experiences here (yet) - and you might not believe me either, and that's ok. But I, too, cherish this gift!

My ex-the-psychopath was totally in awe of this 'ability' and tried to exploit it. But I held true to my view that it's not something you chase after nor develop per se, rather a gift you receive when you are meant to receive it.
Anyway, the psycho-dude tried to use it against me in court - implied I was dissociative and crazy, so now, after I write of experiences so personal, I usually burn it - release it to the universe. Just can't do that in cyber world, eh :blushing:

Thank you again for your courage in sharing.
I'm walking with you, as I return to my quiet corner, in admiration and thanks.

That Rilke quote is one of many favorite of all time....xo

My mother died of cancer 17 years ago. I was a newlywed and in a strange city immediately after she died. I had stayed with my terminally ill mother while my new husband moved for a new job. So right after her service, I packed up a moving van and joined my husband in a new home/city.

For many months, i woke up at exactly 3:05 am. (This was NOT the time Momma died, tho) I could never get back to sleep.

I had Momma's picture on my nightstand.

One night, I awoke at 3:05 as usual. Momma's picture fell over. I was exhausted after months of not sleeping, so I left it.

Next night and every night after, I slept fine.

Until my cancer scare this year......Then, I dreamed of my mother being there at my biopsy, and telling the doctor not to upset me because I was fine and not dying. At least not now.

And turns out, momma was right. I am fine. No cancer!

Death cannot keep love away.

What an incredibly beautiful story. Glad you are ok. Xo

on the topic of 'encounters' .....I lost my Dad in Oct 2007, he had battled Hodgins twice in the 80s & 90s and basically died from lung disease and a blood disorder that were both long term side effects of his cancer treatments. The blessing is we had him for another 20yrs that we would have never gotten without the treatments but he was only 71yrs old when he died. We were very close, my parents lived in FL and I live OH but I talked to my Dad almost daily especially in the last year of his life. I was able to be with him at the end and for that I'm grateful. It was a gut wrenching time in my life as anyone knows if they've lived through the death of someone close to them. I went from counting the days since he died to the weeks,to months and eventually it was the years.
Sorry I'm being so long winded getting to my 'encounters' they had taken the form of a totem. DRAGONFLIES....I've seen them ever since my Dad died dragonflies have buzzed around me when I needed it most. I can't give a ton of examples but it always seemed like in my darkest days there would be one flying around. I never spoke of this to my Mother but about 8 mos after Dad died I took my vacation down to FL to help my Mom clear out things from the their house since she was going to be selling it. During this visit my Mom and I ventured to my Dads favorite Starbucks. All the baristas knew him there and when my Mom walked in (her 1st time there since his passing) they all cried and hugged us both. They all talked about my Dad and that they were happy my Mom was doing ok. On our way home a dragonfly buzzed our car and followed us the whole way home. I was bawling my eyes out as I explained to my Mom that it was Daddy. This is my next tattoo!
View attachment 34462

Wow...laci peterson's totem was also dragonflies...xo

My stepdad passed away very unexpectedly almost two years ago. We held his memorial service at the cider mill where he worked every fall since retiring from his full-time job. He took a job at the cider mill, not because he needed to work, but because of how much he enjoyed being outdoors (especially in the fall) and interacting with all of the schoolchildren who he would take on hayrides throughout the orchard grounds every day. His sweet, easygoing nature endeared him to everyone he met. People who visited the cider mill where he worked would remember him from season to season, and his co-workers there adored him, too. Every evening, before leaving the orchard, he would take his tractor around the grounds one last time, to see if he might catch a glimpse of a deer in the fields or along the shore of the pond on the property. We held his memorial service there on a sunny June afternoon, with family, friends, his co-workers, and the orchard owner all attending. We gathered at the main building on the property. Once everyone arrived, we boarded a string of hay trailers, and a tractor driver pulled us out to the pond for the service, slowly winding us through the most scenic areas of the orchard along the way. As we rode along, we shared hugs, great memories and we shed many tears. In memory of my stepdad and his love of evening deer-watching, the orchard owner suggested that we keep our eyes out for any deer that we might see along the route. Though we thought it would be highly unlikely to see any in the midst of this very warm, sunny summer afternoon, we watched for deer nevertheless. About halfway into our ride, one of my nieces spotted something moving across the field, and she excitedly alerted the rest of us. As we looked in the direction she was pointing, we saw a single, full-grown doe walking across the field, calmly, and somewhat toward us. When the doe saw us, instead of running off right away as deer usually do, she stood perfectly still for moment, watching us as we passed by. She did not dash off until the last of our trailers had passed her by. Every one of us burst into joyful tears at that moment, for we all realized that was no ordinary deer, but the spirit of our beloved father, step-father, husband, grandad and friend. In that moment, we realized that he was with us still.

Thinking about what happened that day still warms our hearts and gives us comfort.

A large framed photo of my stepdad, smiling, wearing his sunglasses and cowboy hat and sitting on his tractor, is still prominently displayed in the main building of this cider mill, for all who may stop by for a visit on a crisp fall afternoon. His co-workers say the place isn't the same without him, but we all know his sprit lives on.

Thanks so much for letting me share.

Stunning story...thank you for sharing...such love....xo

They do speak to us...

My older brother passed away over 10 years ago. About a year and a half after his death I was sitting at my office desk when a song we played at his funeral began to play on the clock radio on my desk. Only problem was, the radio wasn't even ON at the time. I had to call in colleagues to verify that 1) I wasn't just hearing things and 2) that the radio was, indeed, off. I've dreamt of him sporadically but I don't remember the dreams after a few hours of waking.

Fast forward to last month. I finally had the opportunity to honor his last wishes and sprinkle his ashes in the waters off Maui. He spent a lot of time there and it was his favorite place on earth. My poor brother had been in my linen closet for 10 years. Hawaii doesn't require any sort of permit for the spreading of ashes so I decided to take a catamaran charter. The captain was really nice to me and told me to let him know exactly when I wanted to start so he could slow down the boat a bit. He warned me against spreading them while the boat was stopped because it might cause the fish to swarm in a feeding frenzy. He was trying to be so delicate but I laughed and told him the irony was he loved to eat fish! He told me he normally casts fishing lines of the back of the boat but he would only do so off the back of one side so I could have the other half to myself. I thanked him then noticed his tackle box. It was covered in stickers for surfboards and water sports clothing companies. Amidst all those stickers was one for a bathing suit and sportswear manufacturer company my brother started nearly 20 years ago! He didn't know my brother and he wasn't the one who put all those stickers on it, but still. It was a sign!

When I was a child I loved my Grandma, but thought of her "just as Grandma". Not disrespectfully, but as my relative who made the foods I never had anywhere else (she came over from Germany thru Ellis Island when she was six) and gave "sensible" gifts. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to have her in my life until I was 40!

When I was a young adult my Grandpa died after a relatively short but painful health problem. That got us talking on a new level and brought us closer.

As a mom of toddlers with a husband who worked the 3-11pm shift, she would have me and the kids over for dinner (or we would meet for dinner) at least once a week. It got us involved in each other's life in a more intimate level. We became very, very close and I could tell her ANYTHING. She was wonderful in tough situations - telling me the truth, even if that really what I wanted to hear (!), but ALWAYS accepting and loving.

She was still working and mowing her own acre lawn at 79 when she broke a vertebrae in her back. That led to hospitalization and then rehab to gain her strength back. I would see her daily and we would continue our talks about her life, our family, what things were like for her as an immigrant, our faith, etc.

She knew how close we were and how devastated I would be if she died. She gently but firmly brought it up until we were able to talk about it.

While in the rehab she got pneumonia. Things were looking really bad the last two days. My mom was out of town and I kept in touch with her. On the second morning I told her she needed to return from her trip. I knew Grandma wouldn't make it much longer.
I stayed with Grandma non-stop those last days. I kept praying that God would not take her when I was in the room, that he would wait until my Mom returned. I just didn't think there was any way on earth I would survive that kind of pain.
She wasn't able to speak or even let me know she heard me, but I sat by her bed holding her hand, reminding her of all who loved her, recalling fun times and favorite memories, etc. That second afternoon she really began to struggle. She was having a hard time breathing and was clearly in pain. I made sure she got meds to be comfortable and climbed into bed with her. I rubbed her hair or hand and spoke quietly to her. My mom arrived but I did not leave the room as I had planned. In a moment of clarity it came to me. She was fighting to stay for me. I believe that with all my heart. She knew it would break my heart and was trying to delay it. So I did what I thought I would never be able to do. I put my mouth to her ear and told her that I loved her. I would always love her. But I did not want her to struggle. I told her if she felt it was not her time, to fight on and I would be right there beside her. But if she felt it was time to go, if she heard God calling her, it was ok to go. I would miss her but I would survive until I saw her again. As soon as the last word left my mouth her breathing steadied. She took several calm, easy breaths and then she passed. I could feel her spirit rise up out of her body. It was beautiful.
After all the fear I had, little did I know that I would be given the gift of being there while she left this world to enter the next.
She loved nature and wildlife, especially cardinals. So many times, when life's issues are weighing me down, my Grandma sends a cardinal to remind me she is still there waiting for our eventual reunion. Miss you Grandma xoxo

Thank you everyone who has shared a story tonight. (thank you button not working...)
The stories are touching and beautiful. It also reminds me of my Grandma and I am thankful to that too.
Goodnight all.

More interview links have been added.

Please feel free to add any observations, links or interviews!!
A thread about the jurors will be made in a few days and I'm hoping to post this in it.

I have only found clips of the interviews, not the whole interviews. If there are links to the full interviews please post them!!

Can I please ask that someone else keeps a copy of this, so that I don't have to pester the mods if a thread is closed while I'm sleeping again? :lol:

If you have anything else to add, please copy the post instead of quoting it so that we don't lose content.

Please only take information that has been freely given by the jurors and is available on MSM. Please do not sleuth or google private information about the jurors.

Juror No. 1 - Church Lady

She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

This lady looks absolutely disgusted the whole time. I never once saw her look in the direction of JA. Not ONCE. She either stares straight forward or looks at JM.

Juror No. 2 - Trump

He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

I called this guy "Comb Over" he had his head resting on his hand almost the whole time. He also never looks at JA. He seemed to be paying attention, but also seemed bored.

Sorry Juror 2, I know it's your real hair! His voice was strongest on those YES's w/ verdicts. I love him.

Juror No. 3 - Housewife
Was crying when mistrial was announced.

She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Interesting different view today. I called her the "Angry Neighbor Lady" Lol. I wrote that she follows along, but has a constant "sour puss". I don't know if it's just "her look" or what, but she seemed to be frowning every time I looked at her.

She became my foreperson pick after CEO was bumped. Tons of notes, attentive. I didn't really see her as anger as much as very attentive.

Juror No. 4 - Grandpa

He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

I also named this man Grandpa. He does have a sweet face and seems the "calm" type.

Juror No. 5 - tri color
Dismissed. Identified herself as 38 year old Meliha Omanovic.
Jodi Arias Trial: Juror 5 Meliha Omanovic says she was booted because of a joke - YouTube

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

This is the only one I remembered Anita's name for because her hair stood out, Lol. She reminded me of my best friend. She probably gave more facial expressions than any of the others. She is very engaged and took a fair amount of notes.

Juror No. 6 - Nancy Reagan
Has identified herself as Diane Schwartz.
Was crying when mistrial was announced. Mouthed "I'm so sorry" to the Alexander family.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...5jodi-arias-juror-six-speaks-about-trial.html

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411704415001

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411843381001

She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

I called her Spikey Hair. Anita's description is better. She was the only one I saw look at Jodi when the jury first walked in. She took a lot of notes

Of all the jurors, I'd say she had the hardest time not showing emotions.

Juror No. 7 - Paul Rudd

He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

He does look like Paul Rudd, but with shorter hair. He's a good looking young man.

I always thought he looked like Adam Levine. The trial did look to wear on him as he looked to me like he lost weight and was drawn toward the end.

Juror No. 8 - CEO
Dismissed. Identified himself as 52 year old Daniel Gibb.
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51843800

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him.

Juror No. 9 - Willie Nelson

He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once.

He has this long white ponytail but dresses kinda like a golfer. He often went in the front door alone or sat outside on a bench. He was a really hard read for me but rarely took notes.

Juror No. 10 - Barb
Alternate Juror. Identified herself as Carol Gosselink

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/28/jvm-arias-juror-speaks

She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.

I called this lady "Plain Jane" She was very hard to see from where I was, but I could tell she was taking notes quite a bit.

Attentive, more and more toward the end looked out toward the family. Very serious. Looks professional.

Juror No. 11 - Poquito Mas
Dismissed

He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

I called him "Paco" He was hard to see too, but mostly because he was slouched down in his seat I thought he'd fall off Lol. At one point he was bent over instead of slouching, but still very hard to see.

Juror No. 12 - Neil

He is a white male in his 40s.

I called this guy "Jim" I wrote "very hard to read".

He concerned me at first, I don't know why. But toward the end I had great confidence in him. His face gets red when strong emotional things discussed.

Juror No. 13 - Wrestler
Identified himself as Kevin Spellman

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...an-marilou-allen-coogan-speak-out-about-trial

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-jurors-notion-defense-plausible-19263611

(videos of Jurors 6, 13 and 16 speaking together)

He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

I called this guy "The Jock" He reminded me a little of Oz on American Pie (Chris Klein).

He was extremely attentive in mitigation phase. So much so that I thought he could have been foreperson.

Juror No. 14 - CPA

He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

I called this guy Sleepy. He swiveled in his chair a lot and fell asleep at least twice. He was also slouched down in his chair.

Juror No. 15 - headphones
Alternate Juror

He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

I called him "Captain" He has a very intense gaze. It's hard to describe but he gives off a stubborn and no bs vibe. Maybe ex military or something?

Juror No. 16 - Maureen
Identified herself as 52 year old Marilou Allen-Coogan
Was crying after mistrial was announced.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22428063/arias-juror-no-16-says-she-feels-relieved-satisfied

She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

I called her The Secretary. She took a lot of notes and had a "polished" look to her. She had her whole body turned facing Jodi. I barely saw her look at JM. She was the only one that really made me feel nervous at all.

I really want to hear from her. Seemed bonded w/ Ponytail. She asked questions, very attentive. Some said she looks like Jodi's mother. Kinda but not really. Same hair color/length. She always had navel intelligence toward the witnesses.

Juror No. 17 - Ponytail
Alternate Juror, identified herself as Tara Kelley
https://twitter.com/tarakelley320

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/29/arias-jurors-talk-voting-death

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

I called her frumpy lady. Not in a rude way... it's just the word that came to mind. Very plain. She took a lot of notes.

She wore different hairstyles often, long bangs, ponytail, down, up. Often in very high heels, jeans, sparkly tops. Of course now we love her. And I think she's super cute but have seen more pics of her by now.

Juror No. 18 - The Artist
Foreman. Has identified himself as 69 year old William (Bill) Zervakos
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-jury-foreman-interview-william-zervakos-19247835

Jodi Arias Trial FOREMAN Interviewed on GMA after Deadlock | William Zervakos & Jodi Arias Hung Jury - YouTube

He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that.

His gait was what gave away his age. He walks like he has some pain but of course that's my job to assess things like that.

Is anyone amazed by just how wrong they were about how the jurors would look?

:lol:

I imagined "Maureen" (Marilou allen-Coogan) to be something like Jennifer Willmott. Probably because of the initial observation that she was the only one making the observer feel worried/nervous.

I don't think "Ponytail" (Tara Kelley) is frumpy or plain at all, imo she's cute.

"Wrestler" (Kevin Spellman) is the one I was most wrong about. At first I thought someone had the juror numbers mixed up because this guy couldn't be wrestler! Wrestler was bald and muscly in my mind. Not soft spoken with a beard!!

I thought "Barb" (Carol Gosselink) would be a brunette. I don't know why. She's younger than I thought, and not plain at all. I think she's quite pretty. I love her voice, I could listen to her for hours.

Juror 9, "Willie Nelson" is exactly how I imagined him.

I imagined "The Artist" (Bill Zervakos) to be very similar to how Daniel Gibb (#8, "CEO") looks. I didn't think he would be bald. I think he looks younger than his age.

We were so fortunate that my mother would visit and spend the entire summer with us every year for about ten years. A few years before she passed, we had bought a house that she absolutely loved. (Mention this for a reason) Mom's passing was devastating and when we returned home I know she came to me. I woke up and she was behind and above me. I reached up to her and then tried to wake my husband but I couldn't speak nor reach over to wake him. I felt paralyzed and so overwhelmed and could only close my eyes to go back to sleep. Fast forward.. My brother came to visit and had never been to this house and one of the first things he said to me was that he could feel Mom's presence there. It happened to be our Mom's Birthday and we were in the kitchen and I was making his breakfast when the doorbell rang. Went to the door and no-one was there. Went back to the kitchen and the bell rang again and this happened several times. I went out front door and my brother went out the back door and we walked around the house and not a person in sight. We believe that it was our Mom's birthday present to us. The first few years of my Moms passing, both my daughter and I have had visits from Mom and she sure wasn't shy about letting us know she was there. I say that because things happened when we were together so didn't have to second guess ourselves. It's been awhile and it makes me sad as I miss her so much!

My dad lost the battle of brain cancer in 1983. My family had locked our house and had moved in with them so I could take care of him. My husband was a truck tire mechanic and on call 24/7. I had taken the test for the shipyard, where my dad worked, and made a 98 on it but didn't get hired. My hubby didn't have a high school diploma and was not good at tests. My youngest was 2. A few weeks after his death, I left her with my mother and sister. I got a call from my mom later that evening. She said she had put my daughter to bed in my dad's room. All of a sudden, mom said my daughter started screaming - "there's my Papa, don't you see him?" as she pointed to a corner. "he said my daddy is going to paint boats!" A few days later, the commander of the shipyard called and asked me if there was anything he could do for me. I explained about my scoring on the test, but I explained my hubby's problem and asked if he could help him. A few days after that, My hubby got called into the shipyard and was given an apprentice job as - guess what????? - LOL - A Nuclear Painter in the shipyard for the ships and subs!!!

"Always On My Mind"....My encounter may sound a little strange considering it was my x husband...but, he was also the father of my 3 children...we had been divorced many years...some contact through the years...weddings, a funeral when my 28 day old Grandson passed away...he was on his 4th marriage but he was into this one for 17 years...both workaholic's,alchoholics...our divorce was painful...I just couldn't live with a alcoholic....my Mother had been one as well and left 4 kids back in the 40's for my Dad to raise...anyway, I was at my son's for Thanksgiving 6 years ago when he told me his Dad had terminal lung cancer that had spread to other parts...I don't know what it was but I felt a need to talk to him,thank him for our 3 wonderful children....I wanted to say so much...I ask my son what he thought...he told me his Dad was usually home alone until 10 AM and then he would drive down to the restaurant that he owned...yes, he was still driving and trying to work...I told you...he was a workaholic...that was Nov...I wrestled with my myself about calling...was it the appropriate thing to do...Jan. 25...I was on a ladder washing my kitchen ceiling....I had the radio on like I usually do when I'm cleaning...Willy Nelson started singing "Always On My Mind"...My x loved Willy...I got chills and got down from the ladder...I got out my phone book and immediately called my X'S phone number...it was 9:45 AM....the phone rang and rang...I guess he didn't have an answering machine because the phone kept ringing...my son told me he was usually home until 10 AM....alone...about an hour later my middle child called me...my x's wife had gone home to check on him when he hadn't shown up at their restaurant.....he had collasped by the phone and never regained consciousness...he died 4 hours later...the cancer had spread to his brain....I always took that as a sign he was saying good bye to me...the fact that I waited to call him on the very day he passed away and the song...

I don't watch much TV, but why do "we" hate JC so much? TIA!

The times i have seen her, she had seemed quite lucid and logical.

MOO.

--------------
FrayedKnot, I also like Jean. I've seen her since Scott P. case. She is very knowledgeable, I think the problem is many times she has to report what other people tell her to, some dont realize this. I like Beth also. Together they make a good team. I rememeber Catherine Crier. Catherine was so good, they got rid of her too. I dont think HLN knows exactly what they are doing at this point. I do know I read not long ago the ratings were way down. They have too many big mouths yelling! :panic: :seeya:

I'm loving and finding comfort in all these sharings you are are offering up.

Keep them coming.........:seeya: This thread has typically taken on this tone from the very beginning and now that we've passed 100 pages I think we're taking it to a new level.

I am really enjoying your blogs and am anxiously awaiting the finish to the one about your brother!:blushing:

You should consider writing a book....you definately have a gift.

My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was fifteen years old and passed away five years later. I have so many strong memories of her....her love of Christmas, her ornaments, her cross stitching, her chasing me around with tweezers to just get that one more "blackhead" :scared: etc. She always, always, always had a Yankee candle burning in her house. It was always the same flavor.

"Home Sweet Home"

About five years ago, I bought a Yankee candle at the flea market for the Holidays...they did not have her scent so I bought something called "Black Coconut".

I swear I smelled it at the market and it smelled like coconuts..not very Christmas like but my hubby loves that scent.

When I got home I lit the candle and all I could smell was the "Home Sweet Home" scent. I realized the color of the candle was the pinky color of HSH and Black Coconut candles were supposed to be BLACK in color. (I even went on the Yankee site to look up what the BC candle was supposed to look like) My candle was very much pink. Somehow my Black Coconut candle was the same color and scent as Home Sweet Home! :drumroll:

I still have it in my bedroom and burn it every Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Never any other time.

I realize a "candle" is sort of insignificant but the smell of that particular scent reminds me soo soo much of my Mother, it gives me chills. :moo:

when my Mom passed a few years ago, she had asked that a particular Irish ballad be sung at her funeral. After she died I could not get over it and I purchased a copy of it and played it over and over. One day when I tried to play it the DVD completely skipped over the song and would never play it again. I looked for scratches or cracks in the DVD and cleaned it. But the song would never play again. Mom was telling me to get out of bed and move on.

That Rilke quote is one of many favorite of all time....xo

----------
Banzai, I would believe you. My son has been seen in our house by someone who didnt even know him. Pictures fly (seriously) off the walls etc. I know they are with us. That is, my granddaughter lives with me. We are thankful to have it happen. :please: :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth