KC Could Get A College Degree In Prison For Free - Thoughts Please

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is unlikely that KC would actually want to commit to a college degree program. What I do think she would jump at, is the chance to take cosmetology classes. She'd probably still drop out, but not before they cover brazilian waxing.
JMO

YUCKY but probably true! lol:eek:

The perfect curriculum for Casey:

Sociopathy 101-fooling those closest to you
Sociopathy 102-lying to and using your friends
Sociopathy 103-how to lie, cheat and steal your way through life
Sociopathy 104-the methods of madness
Deviant Psychology
Brainwashing Methodology
Pretty Nails Made Simple
Dirty Dancing for the Grieving
Mind Control for Dummies
Criminology

The list goes on and on...

A few years ago, I did extensive research about the prison
system in the USA, it is heartbreaking. First, I need to say all prisons are not the same. With that said, here are some of the facts I found: 1. A felon is provided, free
food, a cell/room, the best medical and dental free,
a complete library with full law section, recreation that can include learning to play a musical instrument,(I just saw a
man serving life, doing his hobby minature doll house and furniture to scale..$1000's of our dollars.) They are also paid for the work assignment they do. ( It does not go to the victim.) There is free entertainment, tv's.

During my research I discoved the College I graduated from had provided free education to some of our prisons.
It use to be through the "Pell Grant", it may still be. However, it we taxpayers who pay. They can keep going with their education AA, BA, MA who knows maybe even a PHD. It is a hard truth to accept.

The topper I found, was that is the prisoner was not guilty of a violent crime/or sexual one and had good behavior during the years..in some prisons they would be offered the position and a prison Guard at $15/hr+ all the benefits.

As for KC, I personally do not think she has that kind of interest. You have to work very hard and she seems to just seek pleasure for herself. I do think she will find someone to marry her, so she can get the money she needs. This is especially true if her family pulls away.

In conclusion, far too much goes on behind the walls we
are never told about. I have a family member that is a victim ( carrys a bullet in his head)..he has recieved nothing..yet the man who killed his friend and shot him
goes up for parole every 2 yrs. Victim rights have never recieved the attention the prisoners demand.

Mind Student

I also have done the research on this, way back at the first mention of the
Abu Ghraib prison fiasco and what I discovered, coupled with my own personal knowledge from being related to SEVERAL criminals, was heartbreaking and astoundingly shocking. The state of our prison systems is a frightening reminder of the state of our society in general, and unless we solve the societal ills then we will be unable to solve the issues in the prison society. It is a huge gaping problem and one that does not seem to be anywhere near being at the top of anyone's "To do list" in government, so the broken system marches on and on and on...

are never told about.
I have a family member that is a victim ( carrys a bullet in his head)..he has recieved nothing..yet the man who killed his friend and shot him
goes up for parole every 2 yrs. Victim rights have never recieved the attention the prisoners demand.

Mind Student

It's a subculture that would shock many if they truly looked into what goes on in prisons.

Sorry about your family member... I know it has to be heartbreaking and hard. :(

But can they become members of the Bar? I don't think most,if not all, Bar Associations allow convicted felons to be members, and membership is required to actually practice law.
That's what I was thinking, there are sleazy lawyers out there, but they would get disbarred/not accepted if they have actual convictions on their records, besides who would hire them?
I don't agree with inmates getting a free education either, but some of them do it to find issues to appeal their cases...

Good point. Take away all the frills & it would be much cheaper. No books, no gym, no hot water in the shower, no tv's, NO NOTHING, just a cell, iron bars, a pot to pee in. Give them grits & koolaid & toss a vitamin their way. They broke the law and deserve nothing, are entitled to nothing. These people didnt care if they sold dope to your kids, robbed or raped you elderly grandma or killed their kid. Let them all rot...no medical no dental, no nothing. Think how cheap it would be then. Put that money into education, health care, housing & feeding those who do not break the law.

I disagree with this notion.
It would become impossible for the CO's to even police people that have been deprived of everything. IMO, the creatures that these humans would become from this extreme deprivation would create an unfair situation for the guards and other officials that have to police these madhouses.It would be chaos. These inmates are still human beings and need certain things just to retain their sanity.

Well if we're to go that far in(non) treating humans in prison, why not seal the doors and make it a "Lord of the Flies" or for those who are less squeamish, "Cider House Rules" would apply.

I agree that maybe offering these options to all prisoners is not exactly great, but look at the flip side. Offering the option of advanced schooling to some prisoners could help our society. There are some prisoners that should get a degree and some that do get out and put it to good use. But, as legislators, the system has to offer that to everyone or no one. When someone is told that they are guilty and they are convicted, the judge is saying that they are guilty as far as the current evidence shows. That's why prisoners get a new trial in a lot of cases where new evidence is introduced. So, if the legislature were to say that a person cannot get a degree, it is the same as saying that the system is infallible in sentencing and new evidence will never come to light.
There are 2 instances in which I believe this opportunity should not be offered; those that get LWOP for crimes they admitted to and those on death row.
The government already will not extend PELL grants to most anyone convicted of a drug crime.
Now, with that said, do I think that casey personally should be allowed to get a degree while she sits primping in her cell. NO. However, the rest of us can all get the grants and loans necessary to attend college. Prisoners have to pay back loans same as anyone else, once they find employment and the up side is that the government gets the money back on those that do find work. It's easy to keep track of the money brought in by prisoners, sometimes not so easy with the rest of society.
I understand that this case and every aspect of it has become personal for so many, but this is not a personal issue.

I agree that maybe offering these options to all prisoners is not exactly great, but look at the flip side. Offering the option of advanced schooling to some prisoners could help our society. There are some prisoners that should get a degree and some that do get out and put it to good use. But, as legislators, the system has to offer that to everyone or no one. When someone is told that they are guilty and they are convicted, the judge is saying that they are guilty as far as the current evidence shows. That's why prisoners get a new trial in a lot of cases where new evidence is introduced. So, if the legislature were to say that a person cannot get a degree, it is the same as saying that the system is infallible in sentencing and new evidence will never come to light.
There are 2 instances in which I believe this opportunity should not be offered; those that get LWOP for crimes they admitted to and those on death row.
The government already will not extend PELL grants to most anyone convicted of a drug crime.
Now, with that said, do I think that casey personally should be allowed to get a degree while she sits primping in her cell. NO. However, the rest of us can all get the grants and loans necessary to attend college. Prisoners have to pay back loans same as anyone else, once they find employment and the up side is that the government gets the money back on those that do find work. It's easy to keep track of the money brought in by prisoners, sometimes not so easy with the rest of society.
I understand that this case and every aspect of it has become personal for so many, but this is not a personal issue.

Then it should be no one I think. We cannot coddle the masses of prisoners for the random, few and far between who were wrongly convicted. It is a noble thought, but not practical. This is one reason why our country is in such sad shape...many impracticle practices have been instituted that do not in fact help our country, but rather, hurt it.

Point of fact: A man/woman who is motivated to get a degree IN prison will be motivated to get it OUT of prison and if they are not then it should go to someone who IS. We as a society cannot continue in lunacy to fund outrageously expensive programs that benefit only a random handful of wrongly convicted or turned it all around individuals. It IS better to deprive THOSE few than ALL the young people who will be deprived because funding in the way of pell grants went to inmates and thereby reduced the total pool available.

I do not agree that we should send every prisoner to the "Chateau Dief", but alas, there are a few who DO deserve JUST that. I agree with Jbean we have to provide some basic fundamentals if we are going to keep them locked up for many years. There ARE the guards and the staff to consider, not to mention that same wrongly convicted minority who are IN THERE with the bad guys. Food, clothing, shelter, reading materials, showers, exersize and visitors are things we should not deprive all but the very dregs of, and in the Chateau Dief there are no amenities...

Casey WOULD be on my Chateau Dief list for certain. Child killer, especially your own child, straight to torment until death if I designed it...I guess it is a good thing for them that someone else is in charge of THAT.

I believe the proffessors that do this are volunteering, so no real money is being spent on the inmates. I'm not against education, even for criminals.

That being said, I can't go to school anymore, because CA won't give me tax breaks anymore. I can't go to jail either because they're overpopulated. I'd have to kill someone to get in there!

I care. I care when I have 2 nephews sitting in Iraq today not knowing if a bomb will hit their tents tonight? Why? So that people like Ms. Anthony can have rights. They chose to enlist, not necessarily to defend this country, but to gain the access to an education that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Thing is, they have to give to society in order to get back from society. Casey only had to kill her daughter...grrrr.

I just saw this MDO.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::hug::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Darn right you care, and darn right you have to give to society to get back.

Prayers out again tonight, as they are nightly to the boys.

A sociopath with a degree who will never get out of prison. That's useful.

I thought she had gotten her diploma also (after her class graduated, at some point. ) I see the hand-written note on the school records that were linked, with the notation that she did.

Interesting, Nate's interview with Melich & Allen (this is ch. 13's pdf, my highlighting):
NateInterview.jpg

According to Nate, LA told them she hadn't gotten her diploma, the night he went to TL's to pick up KC's things. Why would he say that?

Capri - wow! I have to say that this slipped by me and I'm looking into it further. It's been made public knowledge, now, that she does in fact her her diploma...but LA's choice of words surprises me in this doc. Maybe he thinks b/c she didn't get her diploma with the other hs grads that it's not a diploma? Idk. Maybe it's her ged, or some other equivalent. I know that now you can get your actual hs diploma, one that's not a ged, outside of school & it only takes a week of studying to take the test. A guy I used to work with did this in order to move up (b/c he wanted to take classes at our local community college but couldn't w/o a hs diploma or equivalent). Thanks so much for sharing. I'll let ya know what I find...unless somebody else beats me to it.:)

A few years ago, I did extensive research about the prison
system in the USA, it is heartbreaking. First, I need to say all prisons are not the same. With that said, here are some of the facts I found: 1. A felon is provided, free
food, a cell/room, the best medical and dental free,
a complete library with full law section, recreation that can include learning to play a musical instrument,(I just saw a
man serving life, doing his hobby minature doll house and furniture to scale..$1000's of our dollars.) They are also paid for the work assignment they do. ( It does not go to the victim.) There is free entertainment, tv's.

During my research I discoved the College I graduated from had provided free education to some of our prisons.
It use to be through the "Pell Grant", it may still be. However, it we taxpayers who pay. They can keep going with their education AA, BA, MA who knows maybe even a PHD. It is a hard truth to accept.

The topper I found, was that is the prisoner was not guilty of a violent crime/or sexual one and had good behavior during the years..in some prisons they would be offered the position and a prison Guard at $15/hr+ all the benefits.

As for KC, I personally do not think she has that kind of interest. You have to work very hard and she seems to just seek pleasure for herself. I do think she will find someone to marry her, so she can get the money she needs. This is especially true if her family pulls away.

are never told about. I have a family member that is a victim ( carrys a bullet in his head)..he has recieved nothing..yet the man who killed his friend and shot him

Mind Student

mindstudent - I couldn't have said it better myself...and I forgot to even mention the Pell Grant - so thank you:)

Yeah, but the only difference is that, in jail, she won't have "the little snothead" to distract her during study time.

Maybe she could take some chemistry classes, learn to make some more chloroform, or an atomic snot-bomb, or something.

I've always thought this was a bunch of bull:mad:!!!!!!! Once you've been proven guilty, you should lose all your rights. The money that this country spends on prisoners is outragous! We could probably dissolve the deficit if we took away all the perks these inmates have a "right" to receive.

I don't think we'll have to worry about Casey taking advantage of this though, she's too lazy.:behindbar

Wait, are we talking about the same Casey Anthony? The Casey Anthony that said she couldn't take police to "Gloria Gonzales's" house because "she had been there so many times she stopped paying attention on how to get there"? lol. Yeah, I think she is waaaay too stupid. But maybe she can use that excuse when she skips class.

From my limited knowledge of jail/prisons, some inmates has a "fund" that family or friends can put money into their account so they can buy things for themselves. These prisoners don't have it good by any means. If you think about it, they are in a cell for a good part of their day. They have no freedom. They can not eat what they want. They can not go places like we can. I'm sure they have many books that they can read, and so what if they have books or a tv. The fact is, they are stuck inside a prison all day and all night. They have NO CONTROL!! no life. I don't think there are any happy prisoners out there..

From my limited knowledge of jail/prisons, some inmates has a "fund" that family or friends can put money into their account so they can buy things for themselves. These prisoners don't have it good by any means. If you think about it, they are in a cell for a good part of their day. They have no freedom. They can not eat what they want. They can not go places like we can. I'm sure they have many books that they can read, and so what if they have books or a tv. The fact is, they are stuck inside a prison all day and all night. They have NO CONTROL!! no life. I don't think there are any happy prisoners out there..
As it should be, after all they broke the law & they made that decision.

I work at a juvenile detention facility and have many friends that work at the jails in my county. My facility has an olympic size gymnasium, 4 mini gyms and a complete work out room. We have a library and an arts & crafts room. Sorry, but rather than providing these things to little criminals I would rather see these things provided to children who are trying to become productive members of society.........but no, they're closing schools down every year more & more. They take better care of the bad people than they do the good people, both adults and children. How about you or a loved one is dying & on the list for a heart transplant. Did you know that if a life offender prisoner needs that heart more than you or your loved one they will get it before you? Sorry, but there is something seriously wrong with that picture.

I have no sympathy for anyone in the prison system, they got themselves there & they knew what the consequences would be if they got caught. IMO they got it too good.

And you are wrong about there not being any happy prisoners. I know lots of people who choose jail over community service, especially in the winter. They get to lay around in a jail cell, read books, work out, play cards, play board games, watch TV, etc.....rather than working by picking up garbage on the side of the road.

I think it should be like it used to be in prison you had
to pick garbage on the side of the road didn't have TV
and everything else they get to do now to me prison
is prison and you are there to do your time not a good
time while you are in there.

No she should not get one for free!!! I am the same age as her and I am working full time and going to school. I am busting my butt to pay for schooling! It is so expensive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt