Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that if it wasn't for KP and Crystal, the media interest would have waned long before it did. LE is not talking...Ron and Misty are hiding out imo, they sure are not talking, soooo unless someone else starts speaking up, there isn't a whole lot to report it seems. I wish KP and Crystal would speak out more, no matter what anyone thinks of it. At least they have done SOMETHING to keep HaLeighs name out there.

BBM

Ron and TN gave an interview about HaLeigh on May 14th.

When was the last interview that Crystal gave? And when was the last interview that she gave where she discussed nothing but HaLeigh?

I doubt anyone in this case has ever given an interview where they discussed nothing but Haleigh. I don't remember any, and it would possibly be rude and offputting to the interviewer if questions about related topics such as how are you holding up or what do you think the police is concentrating on got shooted down by "I'm sorry, I'll discuss nothing but Haleigh." Also, if someone did that it'd give the impression they have things to hide.

Apparently Kim P did an interview on or about the same day of Ron's long awaited 30 second blurb. I don't know when the last interview that Crystal gave ONLY about HaLeigh was and I'm not going to argue the point. My point was that at least Crystal and/or her attorney have kept HaLeighs name out there and Ron has spoken what...once in 4 months. Sad imho :(

ETA- didn't know I couldn't link that, but the interview was with TJ Hart.

I doubt anyone in this case has ever given an interview where they discussed nothing but Haleigh. I don't remember any, and it would possibly be rude and offputting to the interviewer if questions about related topics such as how are you holding up or what do you think the police is concentrating on got shooted down by "I'm sorry, I'll discuss nothing but Haleigh." Also, if someone did that it'd give the impression they have things to hide.

That's not quite what I mean. :)

I mean things that relate NOTHING to HaLeigh being missing, and things that don't belong in the media and should never have even been made public in the first place.

I've heard several people state in interviews that the focus should remain solely on HaLeigh and not things that have no relevance to her. Things that make nice gossip for people, but really only create a stir online but a circus atmosphere that I'm sure LE would like to avoid. Things that do not help bring HaLeigh home, which should be the goal of everyone.

Apparently Kim P did an interview on or about the same day of Ron's long awaited 30 second blurb. I don't know when the last interview that Crystal gave ONLY about HaLeigh was and I'm not going to argue the point. My point was that at least Crystal and/or her attorney have kept HaLeighs name out there and Ron has spoken what...once in 4 months. Sad imho :(

ETA- didn't know I couldn't link that, but the interview was with TJ Hart.

FTR, in addition to Ron's "30 second blurb", as you put it, he also did an interview with a news station, along with TN.

It was aired in 2 parts. One in the early addition of the news (that was when TN aired). Ron's interview aired on the 6pm news. :)

ETA -- This was on MAY 14th & the videos are if you search online.

FTR, in addition to Ron's "30 second blur", as you put it, he also did an interview with a news station, along with TN.

It was aired in 2 parts. One in the early addition of the news (that was when TN aired). Ron's interview aired on the 6pm news. :)

ETA -- This was on MAY 14th & the videos are if you search online.

Isn't May 14th the ONLY interviews that he has done since the early days though? Maybe there were others and I just missed them. :)

To me the most important thing about keeping Haleigh in the public's attention is just that - keeping Haleigh in the public's attention.

I've seen Haleigh's mother readily risk public disapproval - speaking at rallies, participating in parades, being interviewed over and over again, sending out mass MySpace messages - basically biting the bullet and doing whatever it takes so that Haleigh's name would get in the news. Too me, that takes courage - and selflessness.

I expect she's tired now, tired and heartsick. It's hard to keep up the effort she extended for months and months. And it's even harder to watch hope slip away after you've worked so very hard. I don't know Haleigh's mother. I don't know if she feels hope slippping away. But, IMO, she has used the media valiantly in the search for her daughter and I keep her in my prayers.

To me the most important thing about keeping Haleigh in the public's attention is just that - keeping Haleigh in the public's attention.

I've seen Haleigh's mother readily risk public disapproval - speaking at rallies, participating in parades, being interviewed over and over again, sending out mass MySpace messages - basically biting the bullet and doing whatever it takes so that Haleigh's name would get in the news. Too me, that takes courage - and selflessness.

I expect she's tired now, tired and heartsick. It's hard to keep up the effort she extended for months and months. And it's even harder to watch hope slip away after you've worked so very hard. I don't know Haleigh's mother. I don't know if she feels hope slippping away. But, IMO, she has used the media valiantly in the search for her daughter and I keep her in my prayers.

Great Post Shaymus! :clap::clap::clap: ..but, did ya have to make me cry??

I agree that keeping HaLeigh in the public eye IS important. I think both parents have failed her in this regard. Kim & Crystal, IMO, scared the media away by bringing forward the abuse allegations. Ron, once those allegations were brought forth, kept quiet. No one was speaking out ABOUT HALEIGH. And the (mainstream) media went away.

Crystal has NOT used myspace to send out "mass messages". She has sent out ONE bulletin since Haleigh went missing, to my knowledge. (I believe it was on May 28, IIRC). I am friends with one of her friends, and she copies me with what Crystal writes. There was actually an extended period of time where Crystal didn't even log in (and that is fine).

I also never heard about Crystal speaking at rallies and parades. I heard of going around with the purple collection jugs. The only rally I heard about her speaking at was the one with Anthonys. Am I missing other rallies?

I'm sure it is hard for her and tiring and devastating. I'm sure it is for both parents. Both of them are VICTIMS -- and both of them are missing their PRECIOUS DAUGHTER!

I've said from early on that I wish the two of them could have worked together for HALEIGH'S sake. Made media appearances and BEGGED for Haleigh's safe return. IMO, that would have been the best thing. And before anyone jumps on me and says "maybe Crystal didn't feel comfortable with that", apparently Crystal felt comfortable to invite Ron along to Jacksonville (via KP) on her May 8th on JVM.

PICAZIO: That`s correct. We have a Haleigh Bug Center there. We painted it purple. We continue to distribute fliers at every local festival, community event. We`re planning things this weekend in Jacksonville. Next weekend in (INAUDIBLE). We continue to search for this child.

I don`t know what Ron Cummings is doing this weekend, but he`s welcome to join us.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/08/ijvm.01.html

Both parents could have and should have done more to keep HaLeigh's name in the media.

That's not quite what I mean. :)

I mean things that relate NOTHING to HaLeigh being missing, and things that don't belong in the media and should never have even been made public in the first place.

I've heard several people state in interviews that the focus should remain solely on HaLeigh and not things that have no relevance to her. Things that make nice gossip for people, but really only create a stir online but a circus atmosphere that I'm sure LE would like to avoid. Things that do not help bring HaLeigh home, which should be the goal of everyone.

The circus is bad but since we don't know where Haleigh is and why she went missing I (and I'm sure many other people) have no clear idea which topics might or might not help bring her home. Anything might provide a clue to the character of someone who we know is connected with the case or point to a new person of interest or prove to be the last clue we're missing to bring her home. We just don't know what, or we'd have solved the case already. I say keep people talking, about anything at all, and see if you can use what comes out of their mouths. It works for Hercule Poirot anyway...

I don't really believe Haleigh went missing all by herself so the focus of the investigation must be other people besides her, to find the perp. I feel that the catchphrase the focus on Haleigh gets used when people really mean that they don't want the focus on whatever uncomfortable topic is being discussed.

Every half an hour to an hour in the week on cable,a local community program comes on the CNN channel.It usually last about 5-10.I feel instead of playing the same ones over and over,that time could be used,at least once a day,for missing children in the country.The main focus being on the amber alerts,which I don't understand in all the cable channels,there is not something like this on.Can you imagine how much explosure that would bring to the missing?

I think that where many have gone wrong in this case, as far as sleuthing is concerned, is by defending any side of the family.

I assume that they have all have support quite aside from internet friends and that if they need sympathy and support from that venue they'll get it from sites designed to provide such.

This site, on the other hand, from my understanding, is designed to sleuth cases without prejudice or sentiment. Perhaps because I don't any contact with anyone involved in this case, I find it easier to do. I have no relationship I feel the need to protect or defend and I can hear all sides and think things through, without feeling the need to protect anyone. Of course we should all be respectful, but when proposing theories of the case, profiling, or evaluating data no one should let sympathies cloud their judgments or prevent posts that conflict with loyalties, here or elsewhere.

Given that, perhaps those who have let sentiment and relationship cloud their analytical abilities should take a self-imposed time out until they can think things through.

I wonder if stacks of flyers were taken to grocery stores in the local area if the store would give permission for the cashier or sacker to place a flyer in the shoppers bag when they bag the groceries. Laminate some flyers and get permission to tape them to the gas pumps at gas stations and convenience stores, so many people get gas but never go inside.

I agree that keeping HaLeigh in the public eye IS important. I think both parents have failed her in this regard. Kim & Crystal, IMO, scared the media away by bringing forward the abuse allegations. Ron, once those allegations were brought forth, kept quiet. No one was speaking out ABOUT HALEIGH. And the (mainstream) media went away.

Crystal has NOT used myspace to send out "mass messages". She has sent out ONE bulletin since Haleigh went missing, to my knowledge. (I believe it was on May 28, IIRC). I am friends with one of her friends, and she copies me with what Crystal writes. There was actually an extended period of time where Crystal didn't even log in (and that is fine).

I also never heard about Crystal speaking at rallies and parades. I heard of going around with the purple collection jugs. The only rally I heard about her speaking at was the one with Anthonys. Am I missing other rallies?

I'm sure it is hard for her and tiring and devastating. I'm sure it is for both parents. Both of them are VICTIMS -- and both of them are missing their PRECIOUS DAUGHTER!

I've said from early on that I wish the two of them could have worked together for HALEIGH'S sake. Made media appearances and BEGGED for Haleigh's safe return. IMO, that would have been the best thing. And before anyone jumps on me and says "maybe Crystal didn't feel comfortable with that", apparently Crystal felt comfortable to invite Ron along to Jacksonville (via KP) on her May 8th on JVM.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/08/ijvm.01.html

Both parents could have and should have done more to keep HaLeigh's name in the media.

bbm~

in a perfect world...YES....but we don't live in a perfect world. :) We ALL 'wish' that they would have come together, but for WHATEVER reason they did not.. And ..Ron and Misty 'seem' to be in hiding (imo only :)) and that REALLY bothers me. We simply have a different perspective on what we are seeing. I have no dog in this fight....I'm not a local, I'm not in communication with any locals or players....or friend of a friend on myspace or ANY of those things. I just call em like I see em :D

Most Importantly..NONE of us KNOW what happened to HaLeigh and no matter what it was or who it was that did it, things are not looking very good for this poor baby :(

bbm~

in a perfect world...YES....but we don't live in a perfect world. :) We ALL 'wish' that they would have come together, but for WHATEVER reason they did not.. And ..Ron and Misty 'seem' to be in hiding (imo only :)) and that REALLY bothers me. We simply have a different perspective on what we are seeing. I have no dog in this fight....I'm not a local, I'm not in communication with any locals or players....or friend of a friend on myspace or ANY of those things. I just call em like I see em :D

Most Importantly..NONE of us KNOW what happened to HaLeigh and no matter what it was or who did it, things are not looking good for this poor baby :(

PM --

My only "dog" in this fight is HALEIGH.

I try to look at all of the information I can regarding everyone. And if it means gathering information from a friend, I do it. I want to see the big picture so that I, too, can call 'em as I see 'em. I'm not a local... I don't speak to the 'players' in this case (thankfully) -- I don't think I could handle hearing their pain personally - it would break my heart.

It is true that what you said about "if this were a perfect world". Sadly, if this were a perfect world, no precious kids would go missing. :(

I wish I had the answers on how to get HaLeigh's name in face back into MAINSTREAM media. Quite frankly, I don't think Art's site, the site, and the rare appearance on JVM is doing much for HaLeigh. (I actually haven't seen HaLeigh on JVM in awhile).

It even seems as if Art doesn't cover HaLeigh anymore. His stories are few and far between lately. His last two, the Cobra take down stories really don't have anything to do with HaLeigh. TJ Hart also seems to have disappeared for all intents and purposes. If something goes up in the (real) media (ie - the round table LE meeting) -- he'll put up a short notice about it. Both him and AH will sometimes call into the weekly radio show.

Really, who in the world is covering HaLeigh's story anymore? My heart breaks for her.

PM --

I try to look at all of the information I can regarding everyone. And if it means gathering information from a friend, I do it. I want to see the big picture so that I, too, can call 'em as I see 'em. I'm not a local... I don't speak to the 'players' in this case (thankfully) -- I don't think I could handle hearing their pain personally - it would break my heart.

It is true that what you said about "if this were a perfect world". Sadly, if this were a perfect world, no precious kids would go missing. :(

I wish I had the answers on how to get HaLeigh's name in face back into MAINSTREAM media. Quite frankly, I don't think Art's site, the site, and the rare appearance on JVM is doing much for HaLeigh. (I actually haven't seen HaLeigh on JVM in awhile).

It even seems as if Art doesn't cover HaLeigh anymore. His stories are few and far between lately. His last two, the Cobra take down stories really don't have anything to do with HaLeigh. TJ Hart also seems to have disappeared for all intents and purposes. If something goes up in the (real) media (ie - the round table LE meeting) -- he'll put up a short notice about it. Both him and AH will sometimes call into the weekly radio show.

Really, who in the world is covering HaLeigh's story anymore? My heart breaks for her.

Sadly you're right ..HaLeigh is fading from the media. Whatever our different theories may be, I HOPE and PRAY that LE has a handle on what has happened to her.......<sigh>...ITA it is absolutely heartbreaking. :( the not knowing HAS to be the worse right now.

:clap: :clap:
Yes, I would imagine she has a great big empty hole in her heart right now.

PM --

It is sad... JVM doesn't even mention her now. Haleigh has been forgotten by the media.

It is sad... JVM doesn't even mention her now. Haleigh has been forgotten by the media.

Father's Day will be a great time for Ron to write a letter to the editor. I know not everyone likes to write but I am sure his sister or mom or whoever the bookworm is in the family would help him. Leave the attornies out of it, take the high ground about you know who and you know who, and just focus on his daughter.

Or, he could call the television news or newspaper and tell them he wants to do a short interview. They, unfortunately, would probably love to do that in hopes of getting human interest stuff. He would need to be prepared to calmly say "with all due respect, today is not about that (you know the stuff I mean) today is about a father who is missing his daughter and is begging for her return."

I would take advantage of the upcoming holiday and use it for publicity. But then I am a former PR/Marketing person and we are shameless media hounds at times.

I would think that whomever is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance is probably very glad this case is hardly in the media anymore.

I would like to see Haleigh kept in the nationwide media, but how do we do this? It would be great if it were highlighted on AMW again.

I honestly believed that Haleigh's disappearance would have been solved by now.

It began at the MH and cannot get past there because of Misty. I will always believe that Ronald and Misty both know what happened to Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste