Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! @GoBuckeyes that is terrible about your brother! My ex used to use my baby kitten as his "sight" target. Used to annoy me.

We may never know what happened, and even if we did find out that there was some sort of motive, it still doesn't make it right. We don't excuse vigilante justice. Especially from LEO, who are held to a higher standard. We trust them to uphold the law. Not to go blazing into a judge's office and start shooting an unarmed man.

Bbm
Except that plaintiffs tried to and could not obtain the unredacted documents from Fields’s criminal attorney because they could not be located. I’m not arguing with the judge’s decision, but I sure don’t blame a frustrated plaintiffs’ attorney in a civil case for being frustrated when the unredacted documents could not be located by the obvious other source.

Source: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/65590626/111/adkins-v-fields/

Here is the text:

“Plaintiffs obtained heavily redacted records from the Attorney General’s office earlier this year and have shared these documents with the parties to this action. The redactioin of these records2 makes it difficult for Plaintiffs to ascertain the full breadth of information contained in these records which relate directly to Plaintiffs’ claims in the case sub judice. Plaintiffs worked

<RSBM for continuity>

diligently to obtain these documents through discovery from Defendant Fields, but have been told the Defendant Fields’ criminal attorney, who purportedly has had health issues recently, was unable to locate these documents. As such, and after much discussion with all counsel in this
action, the parties agreed that the best course was to obtain these records through subpoena to the Attorney General’s office.”

I think we all agree that the deputy’s actions were despicable. No doubt. But to the extent that there were significant redactions from the documents that appeared to directly apply to the civil case, and since the less redacted documents were provided to Fields’ criminal defense attorney but they could not be supplied by the criminal attorney to the civil attorney, it is also no doubt that the civil attorney’s curiosity was piqued.

However, I agree completely with @Seattle1 ’s point that the parties were prepared to go to mediation immediately before the shooting of KM. Immediately after the shooting, however, a stay was requested by both parties and approved by the judge in the civil case.

That’s the long. The short is this: there very well could be material in those documents that connects MS to others. Or maybe there’s nothing there. Clearly, the plaintiffs in the civil case have decided to wait for their payout in the belief that *something* is there that would increase their chances for more money. Not at all sure if that could involve KM or not.

All Moo.

Edit for clarity
You certainly may be correct, but I guess I naively had some hope/faith that the attorney for the Plaintiff in the Civil Suit were agreeing to a continuance/delay out of respect for the grieving families and community.

Wow! @GoBuckeyes that is terrible about your brother! My ex used to use my baby kitten as his "sight" target. Used to annoy me.

We may never know what happened, and even if we did find out that there was some sort of motive, it still doesn't make it right. We don't excuse vigilante justice. Especially from LEO, who are held to a higher standard. We trust them to uphold the law. Not to go blazing into a judge's office and start shooting an unarmed man.
Agree!!! No excuse for vigilante justice, especially from LE! Sheriff's life was not threatened and that's the only time it's justified. I'm seeing people online applauding this and I'm like, "What has gotten into this world?" What about the rule of law? People watch too much TV these days. MOO.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back