Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The daughter’s number was in the judge’s phone, Stamper said.

After the hearing, Bartley was asked if he believes there was an inappropriate relationship between Mullins and Stines’ daughter.

“I don’t want to comment on that,” Bartley responded. “I left the hearing today with a lot of questions still unanswered myself and there will be more light shed on the preceding events.”

Law & Crime did an interview with the defense attorneys yesterday. I haven’t seen it posted. Interview starts around 13 minutes.

Retired Letcher County sheriff’s deputy Eugene Slone was heading out the door of his eastern Kentucky home Thursday when his phone buzzed.

“When they told me what had happened, I thought it was a dream,” Slone, 54, told The Washington Post. “I couldn’t believe it was real.”

Slone, the retired deputy, lost a race for sheriff to Stines in 2018 after he was laid off from the office. After the election, another former deputy sued Stines, accusing him of retaliating against her by refusing to rehire her from a layoff because she had supported Slone’s candidacy. The lawsuit was resolved in Stines’s favor.

“Some loved him, some didn’t like him,” Slone said of the sheriff. “Some say he picked and choosed who he busted.”

[bbm]

ok here we go
we knew there was more to the stories that he was the nicest guy ever

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members