Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I noticed this from the link i posted above.

So LE doesn't know if Stines daughters phone number was saved in the judges phone contacts at this time. JMO.

Isn't it seen on video what Stines did with the judge's phone? Like, tapping the screen, scroll en then tapping a contact. Or tapping a whole phone number? It's not in the part of video that we have seen is it?

He had only just been elected when he was already using this defense and even the judge who ruled on the lawsuit mentioned how Stines was quite peeved that Congleton had been speaking out against him. Idk, IMO, that deposition he had to give on Monday somehow plays a big ol’ role in this whole thing.
It was an accurate defense then and now -- KY has not banned qualified immunity against LE or elected officials. Furthermore, Stines prevailed in the civil lawsuit by disgruntled, former employee Congleton who was dismissed by Sheriff Webb, and who then filed a civil suit against Stines when he did not hire her after he was elected Sheriff.

If the Judge had the Sheriff’s daughter’s phone number STORED in his phone UNDER A FAKE NAME - to me it would most likely NOT be gor a legitimate/appropriate reason.

But if the Sheriff’s daughter’s phone number was stored in the Judge’s under her REAL NAME I wouldn’t be able to believe - beyond a reasonable doubt - that it was definitely for some nefarious reason. I live in a relatively small town - about 3,600 people, 2 Churches, 1 traffic light and most people know (or at least know of) almost everyone. My son just turned 21 y/o and we are good friends with his best friend since they were 4 y/o - they even dated twin sisters for about 3 yrs. I have the parents’ numbers in my phone along with my son’s friend & the friend’s older brother (who was in my daughter’s class & on the same co-ed winter indoor soccer team because we didn’t even have enough kids for a boys team a
nd a girls team. My point is, it could just be because the families had a good relationship. Maybe the daughter took care of pets, watered plants, brought in mail, etc if they were away and her number was in both the Judge’s phone AND his wife’s phone for purely innocent reasons. We just don’t know at this point.
I have chaperoned many school trips and I have the phone numbers of probably 25 or more students and their parents still on my phone. There are innocent reasons to have a minor's number on an adults phone, we don't know if any of those reasons apply here.

I personally doubt that the number being on the phone was the only piece of evidence the Sherriff had- after all he had must have had some reason to look at the phone in the first place. MOO he began to suspect something over the past couple of weeks and started doing what police officers do, ask questions and collect evidence. The phone was the nail in the coffin (pun intended). Whether it proves to be true that his suspicions were real or imagined we shall see. Sometimes the picture isn't what it seems to be and that might be what happened to the Sheriff.

The wild card here is his family, especially his daughter, sitting behind him in court. I cannot imagine any 17 year old showing her face in such a public way if it was now widely known she had been having a relationship with a married, middle aged man and her father shot him.

I have chaperoned many school trips and I have the phone numbers of probably 25 or more students and their parents still on my phone. There are innocent reasons to have a minor's number on an adults phone, we don't know if any of those reasons apply here.

I personally doubt that the number being on the phone was the only piece of evidence the Sherriff had- after all he had must have had some reason to look at the phone in the first place. MOO he began to suspect something over the past couple of weeks and started doing what police officers do, ask questions and collect evidence. The phone was the nail in the coffin (pun intended). Whether it proves to be true that his suspicions were real or imagined we shall see. Sometimes the picture isn't what it seems to be and that might be what happened to the Sheriff.

The wild card here is his family, especially his daughter, sitting behind him in court. I cannot imagine any 17 year old showing her face in such a public way if it was now widely known she had been having a relationship with a married, middle aged man and her father shot him.

Your last paragraph.... those were my immediate thoughts as well.

And having the number on his phone... I feel it could be harmless as well. They have stated that they were good friends... I have many numbers of daughters and sons of my good friends. And we hardly ever delete them these days.... so if it was only for a super simple reason to take the number down at some point.... its still in my directory.

I agree. I also think these families were close for years, maybe closer than some relatives? Also, maybe the children had a relationship? IDK. Stines called his daughter and she didn't answer, but she answered for the judge's number...
I think that phone call during the lunch from the employee (who's phone is in custody) is also pertinent.
The Judge had two daughter and three nephews.
Per obit

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganemma
Back