Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Their Lead investigator doesn’t know even SOME of the names of the others who were present for this “hearing” or meeting the defense is saying happened before the shooting?

seems like the State could’ve refreshed him of that information and they could’ve avoided so many these defense questions. Certainly sounds like the defense will be trying to argue about investigative techniques and protocols….and when their Lead investigator can’t even say who was present or not present, well….

(Not saying they did anything wrong or against protocol, just that if you give the defense an inch, they’ll try to take a mile….but JMOO)

Well I am glad I was unable to logon and see that. That seems amazing to have shown it in open court at this point? Whose decision was that one wonders? Was any notice given of what was about to occur? That it would be displayed? Is someone trying to ‘throw’ the entire case? Seems rather suspect IMO.

IMO at this point the sheriff’s apparent or possible motive seems irrelevant. IMO to have taken deliberate and calculated thought and the accused’s idea of delivering measured justice should help with the case. Unless the prosecutor and district attorney or someone has just jeopardized their entire case by having shown the video. Unbelievable. SMH. IANAL. MOO

Yes, I agree. The idea that Stines went to lunch with his friend of 20 years, dined outdoors at a street side cafe and returned with Mullins to the Courthouse only to shoot him dead just overwhelms my brain! And there a whistleblower programs if he believed Mullins was involved in illegal activity that needed to be stopped. Vigilante justice was not the law that Stiles was sworn to uphold. MOO
At least Stines waited until he could not endanger anyone other than Mullins.

At least Stines waited until he could not endanger anyone other than Mullins.
I am really curious what occurred between lunch and the shooting. Did the sheriff learn something, see something, talk to someone that told him something or was this just a slowly brewing thing and after this lunch they had the sheriff finally snapped and decided to do this.

I had the unfortune of seeing the video. For those not wanting to watch, don't! But, I can see now why so many shots. The judge was trying and successfully trying to avoid being shot for a few of those shots. It sounds to me like the rumors may possibly come in to play with regards to his motive. Prayers for both families as this devastation doesn't and won't stop with a conviction. The pain will last a lifetime. :(

I am really curious what occurred between lunch and the shooting. Did the sheriff learn something, see something, talk to someone that told him something or was this just a slowly brewing thing and after this lunch they had the sheriff finally snapped and decided to do this.
I read, that Stines was very taciturn during lunch. Observers noticed this, it seems. If it was like that, his mind was already working on things, I believe. MOO

I took screenshots from the video, but I’ll only post the last one because it says the most. Stines fired from in front of Mullins, walked around, shot him again, then as he was leaving went back and did this:

View attachment 534643
That office is very small. Stines knew that Mullins wasn't escaping and had zero chance of surviving. I didn't see any evidence of Stines "snapping" when watching the video. It appears to me that he just wanted proof of something, and once he got it, he started shooting. This is flat out first degree murder, premeditated. All my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back