Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This was an execution, imo.

In the video, Stines walked around both sides of the desk to take shots at Judge Mullins. Many shots at pretty much point blank range.

Still stunned they showed this footage during the proceeding. Who was running the camera? I thought they wouldn't show it because they focused on the ceiling for a bit when getting the footage ready. I thought it was over (as far as being shown in court) when the camera panned over and the footage started.

MOO.

... although Stines' wife has publicly denied such connection already. MOO
I think it's possible she denied those rumors for a couple reasons.

1. so those donating were not doing so under the impression that the judge had been inappropriate with her daughter

2. she had no idea of the exact nature of what was really going on at that point and she was letting the court release info vs allowing rumors to continue to fly around.

I think it's possible something was going on and she had no idea about it at that point in time. It's possible the judge was just trying to the daughter and nothing had actually been going on.

I notice they said the daughter hasn't been interviewed without a parent present. I'd be curious if the daughter would share more without her mother present if in fact anything did happen.

I think what we know at this point is the judge had his daughters number in his phone and the sheriff felt that was not appropriate.

Could he have had the number for an innocent reason? Maybe the daughter babysat for him at some point and he had the number to call her?

just getting back from lunch and trying to catch up. horrible to see that video but only further cements in my mind Stines was stone cold sober and committed 1st degree premeditated murder.

Wondering what the stuff on the court employees phone reveals. Extreme emotional disturbance IMO does not work here. Stines was reportedly not himself for at least a week to 10 days before hand, was taciturn and quiet at lunch, he then arranged to have access to the judge in a closed private room for the sole purpose of executing him. That is not extreme emotional disturbance. that is a decision to commit murder. JMO

Yeah, nah. In my opinion, people who shoot someone eight times don't get a pass because they had an emotion. Especially people who know the law and represent the law and carry a service weapon.

MOO
I'm with you on this. It makes his actions even more egregious that he is THE law in Lechter county and he made a decision to commit murder. MOO

Could he have had the number for an innocent reason? Maybe the daughter babysat for him at some point and he had the number to call her?
That would have been known by Stines. And in addition: babysitting daughters are at risk often, I think. If babysitting, Mullin's wife could have had the number. Why should it be the husband?

I'm with you on this. It makes his actions even more egregious that he is THE law in Lechter county and he made a decision to commit murder. MOO
Yeah, there's no indication this was spontaneous, either. People have reported that he was troubled and even paranoid for weeks. He planned this. He chose a time and a place and a method, did it, then calmly turned himself in. There's nothing 'heat of the moment' about that.

And to be honest, I don't really care what his motivation was. More that just about anyone, he knew the legal avenues if he felt the judge had committed a crime or they had a personal grievance. He chose violence.

Unless it comes out that he had some kind of genuine psychiatric break, I see no mitigating factors here at this time.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back