Found Deceased Kiely Rodni case - archived traffic cam footage from the NV/CA border

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Car of interest 1-80 Gold Ranch @34:43, right side of the camera (heading toward Reno).

I see what you see I presume. Light coloured car travelling - all lights off - towards Reno. Only possible to see it due to the tractor trailor coming at a distance behind it behind it putting enough light ahead to spot it's movement. Slow Lane. Lights out. Interesting.

If I were a traffic camera, what would then be the traffic cam just prior to this one, and after this one that may pick up same vehicle 'in a better light'? If someone knows and could map them with approx travelling times between them that may help narrow this particular vehicle down somewhat. Great spotting @Eric Trott !! @DrDubya, I modified your doc to note this.

Last edited:
What timeframe?
It's on the 12am to 1am video.

Time is 34:43 in the morning. Right hand (slow) lane / Right side of your screen / no headlights on (no braking either during the clip)/ tractor trailor comes into the frame 34:53. I had to play this a couple of times before I was able to spot it thinking to myself: What car of interest / there's no car there? And yet, there is.

It's on the 12am to 1am video.

Time is 34:43 in the morning. Right hand (slow) lane / Right side of your screen / no headlights on (no braking either during the clip)/ tractor trailor comes into the frame 34:53. I had to play this a couple of times before I was able to spot it thinking to myself: What car of interest / there's no car there? And yet, there is.

Same video- captured at 5:25 an oncoming vehicle that is driving with their lights off and turns them on. Hard to say what type of vehicle it is. The only reason I made a note of it is because someone driving impaired has more of tendency to drive with lights off.

Also the I80 @ Gold Ranch Exit 2 1am-2pm timestamp of 5:25- 5:30
There's an oncoming vehicle with lights on and a vehicle next to it with no lights/dim lights on.

Last edited:
I see what you see I presume. Light coloured car travelling - all lights off - towards Reno. Only possible to see it due to the tractor trailor coming at a distance behind it behind it putting enough light ahead to spot it's movement. Slow Lane. Lights out. Interesting.

If I were a traffic camera, what would then be the traffic cam just prior to this one, and after this one that may pick up same vehicle 'in a better light'? If someone knows and could map them with approx travelling times between them that may help narrow this particular vehicle down somewhat. Great spotting @Eric Trott !! @DrDubya, I modified your doc to note this.

Had to watch it twice myself, then a third to confirm. Incredible find. Is that on her expected route?

Link with light-coloured car of interest seen at 34:43 - lights off/right side of screen/right lane

Seen at 31:20 of same link is tractor trailor with very distintive lights. That tractor trailorc reachs the next camera at I80 at Boomtown Garson at 35:55 (https://kielyrodni.s3.amazonaws.com/I-80+at+Boomtown+Garson+Rd,+6+Aug+2022+12+AM+-+1+AM+PDT.mp4).

So driving time = around 4min 35 seconds, between these two cameras. Heading back in to scan appropriate driving time period based off the 34:43 timing to see if car of interest is seen at the I80@Boomtown Garson camera. I figure it should be seen shortly before or after the 39:15 mark there. May get a better view of the car.

Edit to add:
I see an interesting light-coloured car exiting at the Boomtown Garson cam at 38:33. Lights on. Pace from last cam (if same vehicle) would be: 3:50 seconds, so about 45 seconds faster pace than the truck. I'm no expert on car identification though.

Also another light coloured vehicle at same Boomtown Garson cam seen at 39:20 (so right on pace with what the distinctive TT did it in earlier). It immediately follows a TT.

Last edited:

Probably should have specified. It's the 1am-2am video, which (guessing) would put the time at 1:34am. The taillights look the same as KR's vehicle. I'm sure Honda sold a lot of CRV's... but to be in that location around the time that I would expect a vehicle of that type to be around that location? Just stood out at me.

I really wish the quality was better. It's all speculation, at this point.

Keep in mind too that KR was apparently still at the campground at 12:35am, and these cameras are about 30min from the party location.
For the car that people may be referencing now, if it's this one - Gold Ranch, 1am-2am, 34:45, right side - I had previously made note of it on the Google doc. I noticed the lights were similar to the CRV which is what caught my eye, but if I'm not mistaken I think those are the westbound lanes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-140759_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-140759_Samsung Internet.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 103
I've watched the 5 seconds around it like 20+ times and even inverted the colors ! If you could circle it then at least I'll know I'm not crazy

edit: it's 34:43 of this link right?

Yeah I see nothing on that video at that time stamp. Just the trailer and shadows/reflections from its headlights. I don't ever see a car w/o it's lights on pass under the well-lit bridge.

I've watched the 5 seconds around it like 20+ times and even inverted the colors ! If you could circle it then at least I'll know I'm not crazy

edit: it's 34:43 of this link right?

Yeah I see nothing on that video at that time stamp. Just the trailer and shadows/reflections from its headlights. I don't ever see a car w/o it's lights on pass under the well-lit bridge.
Watching on a larger screen, I think what I see is shadowplay. It hugs the curve but it doesn't have substance and nothing emerges for me into the light.

Optical illusion?

This is my conclusion too. I’ve watched the clip 10x now and I can see some shadows on the right guardrail, but never a vehicle passing under the bridge.

This is the Gold Ranch camera view. I suck at directions and not American so someone can confirm which lanes we should be looking at. Left side/incoming?
Truckee is near the summit of the mountain so any camera angle with the large snow capped mountains can be assumed to be the truckee direction. Reno is east of truckee, highway 80 runs essentially east/west passing through truckee as it goes through the sierra nevada mountains. The NV/CA border is east of truckee. Mogul is west of reno but east of truckee as is boomtown. The boomtown camera is facing west, so the exit that is on the right side of the screen is for the westbound lanes. Gold ranch is east of truckee, a ciuple miles after the border, downhill is towards reno. (Sorry my original post misread the name as gold run which is also off of 80). 395 runs essentially perpendicular to 80 in a north/south overall direction... but has parts that angle towards east/west pull up google maps and it will make more sense. But those Nevada (mogul,boomtown) camera angles can be assumed to be facing towards the west if there are the blue toned mountains... therefore the cars facing it are driving towards the east.

Last edited:
Keep in mind too that KR was apparently still at the campground at 12:35am, and these cameras are about 30min from the party location.
For the car that people may be referencing now, if it's this one - Gold Ranch, 1am-2am, 34:45, right side - I had previously made note of it on the Google doc. I noticed the lights were similar to the CRV which is what caught my eye, but if I'm not mistaken I think those are the westbound lanes.

That single car is your screenshot is eastbound.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back