Knife attack at a festival in Solingen, Germany

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
+Police say it was a terrorist attack
++ Several people seriously injured +++ Perpetrator on the run +++

Solingen – Dead and injured at the town festival! At around 9.45 p.m., a man in Solingen randomly stabbed several partygoers with a knife. The perpetrator, who according to witnesses is an Arab-looking man, is on the run.

Drei Tote auf Solinger Stadtfest: Polizei spricht von Terroranschlag

I hope they catch him.

Knifeman leaves several dead after stabbing random passersby Knifeman leaves several dead after stabbing random passersby

"Cops launched a desperate manhunt for the killer who committed the 'brutal and senseless' strike at 9.45pm before fleeing.

The usually quiet Fronhof central square was packed for the three-day Festival of Diversity in the city which lies just a few miles from Dusseldorf.

But the upbeat atmosphere swiftly turned to terror when those gathered close to the stage reeled as a man randomly began stabbing attendees in the neck with a knife."

Does not bode well for upcoming Oktberfest festivals. I read that knife attacks are getting pervasive in Germany, and the UK.

Does not bode well for upcoming Oktberfest festivals. I read that knife attacks are getting pervasive in Germany, and the UK.
I'm not sure if it will affect the Oktoberfest festivals. That would be like closing all schools in the US after a school shooting. Doesn't happen.

I do live in Germany, but still this is JMO.

Some additional information, italics mine:

Most of those wounded are believed to have been attacked directly front of the stage, the daily Bild reported, adding that the man appeared to target the throats of his victims.

A police spokesperson said emergency services had received several calls at about 9.30pm with witnesses reporting that “an unknown person armed with a knife wounded several people at random”.

Many witnesses are in a state of shock and are receiving care and giving their statements,” he said. “We hope to receive information about the assailant, particularly his appearance, so that we can make the manhunt more targeted.”

He said the information compiled so far was “very thin”.
Quoted from:

Sadly, Solingen is a well-known city in Germany due to an anti-foreigner arson attack in 1993 1993 Solingen arson attack - Wikipedia

MOO

This is just awful. I feel like random knife stabbing are happening more often in EU.
Im planning to go on Oktoberfest this year as I did every year for the past 5 years.
I trust that authorities are going to do everything they can to prevent something like this happening there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back