Deceased/Not Found Krystal Anderson, Aiken County Mom Missing since 20 August 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score
1661580854211.png

WAGENER, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - A family is worried about a woman who’s been missing for several days in Aiken County.

The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office is looking for information about Krystal Anderson, a mother of four who lives in the Wagener area.

She was reported missing Wednesday by her mother, Wanda Sumter, after relatives hadn’t heard from Anderson since Saturday.

The mother told deputies this is unusual for Anderson, who normally has communication with her mother or other family members on a daily basis.

“We found out that she was missing from her oldest child’s father who suspected something was wrong because she never showed up to get her son for school,” said Anderson’s sister, Shadira Smothers. “I then received a call from her job and the school became worried.”

This doesn't sound good. Sounds like no one has heard from her in days. Hoping LE is on it, but it's such a little town, let's hope LE county is in on it, too.

Wagener, SC to Columbia, SC, is about 30 miles, and Wagener to Augusta, is about 50 miles.
---------------------------------------
A bit about Wagener, SC --
Wagener is a town in Aiken County, South Carolina, United States. The population was 797 at the 2010 census, making it the largest settlement in the county north of the South Fork Edisto River. It is part of the Augusta, Georgia metropolitan area. Wikipedia
Area: 1.35 mi²
Elevation: 466′
Population: 1,267 (2020)

(..)
Anderson is a mother of four and was reportedly in an argument with her boyfriend Tony Berry, just prior to her disappearance. The family became concerned after her sister got a call from the fathers of Anderson's children, after she did not show up to pick up their son.

The Aiken County Sheriff's Office says, they are investigating Anderson's disappearance. They also say that her boyfriend is currently listed as missing, as well.

The case is confusing.

- Missing poster says that the children heard Krystal scream. Neither of the two articles mention this. IMO that is much scarier of a scenario than argument/not returning.
- Where is her phone and/or wallet?
- the WRDW specifically notes that three of the four children were at school on Monday but not on Tuesday. Then, Krystal's mom got the kids and took them to the police station, where she reported Krystal missing.
- I'm speculating that it was the father of the oldest child who was concerned that Krystal never picked her son up from school? So that child attends a different school?
- Who took the three other children to school on Monday, but not on Tuesday? And was the oldest son at his father's place on Saturday? (Since the mention is Krystal did not pick up her child, so I assume he was taken to school by the father.)
- WRDW article mentions (very) briefly that her mom got a call from job about Krystal missing. What kind of job does she have?

The search has been an emotional one, her sister Shadira Smothers said, as the investigation stretches beyond its second week.

"We are going to bring Krystal home and her story is going to be a testimony to help other women," Smothers said.

"She was very responsible," Smothers said. "She was a good mother, a good friend to those who know her."
c176c061-038a-4ae8-88d5-3d0f9cce3bce_16x9.jpg

"We want everyone to know from Columbia to Wagener, and we've gotten some very good leads, to keep those leads coming," Chandra Cleveland, a private investigator for the family, said.

From the article:

They’ve sent notifications to all surrounding agencies, and she’s listed in a national database as a missing person.

But her sister feels it isn’t enough – especially since the family believes Anderson’s life is in danger.

“My nephew stated the night that she went missing, he asked my nephew was his mother out with another man. And my nephew told him yes. And they were outside fighting outside the trailer. And he heard his mother’s screaming,” Smothers said.

After that, Anderson’s son told his family he saw a man put his mother in a trunk, according to the family.

“It’s just been hard,” Smothers said. “It’s been hard on all of us.”

this case seems like it can be solved family need's to keep pushing it into the MSM

I just just listened to a Youtube channel speaking about Krystal missing. Hopefully more channels will talk about this case too.

When Kiely Rodin went missing, it was on the NY news, within days. Krystal Anderson missing needs to go viral.

Last edited:
I asked if Chasing Truth is an approved YT creator here. She put out a video recently.

WAGENER, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - An arrest warrant has been issued for the boyfriend of an Aiken County mother of four who’s been missing for weeks.

Krystal C. Anderson was last seen outside her home on Aug. 20 and was reported missing by her family on Aug. 23.

Since the start of the investigation by the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office, deputies believed she had been in the company of her boyfriend, Tony Lee Berry, 49, at her home on Seivern Road in Wagener.

Results of the investigation have led investigators to obtain an arrest warrant for Berry, who’s wanted on a charge of kidnapping, deputies said Wednesday.

Anderson is about 4 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 106 pounds, and has black hair and hazel eyes.

Berry is described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 185 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Authorities released photos of both.

Deputies ask that anyone with information on the whereabouts of Berry or Anderson contact the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office at 803-648-6811.

1664384280420.png

Got him!

SBM
Wednesday night, Captain Eric Abdullah with the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office said Tony Berry was arrested by the West Columbia Police Department.

[snip]

Desperate for answers, the family hired a private investigator. When the family sat down with us five weeks ago, during our interview the private investigator received a call about a burned car. The private investigator said it could be related to Anderson. At the time, Aiken County could not confirm or deny that.

DEC 13

AIKEN COUNTY, SC — A Midlands man is now facing murder charges in connection to the disappearance of an Aiken County mother of four who has been missing since August.

These new charges coming after the family and investigators faced the suspect in court on Monday

Tony Berry, Krystal's boyfriend who was arrested and charged with her disappearance in September, stood before a judge in the Aiken County courtroom on Monday on kidnapping charges.

The Aiken County Solicitor now charging Berry with murder Tuesday and an arson charge stemming from Newberry County.

Article dated April 26

Her ex-boyfriend and his son are now charged with her murder. We are learning the son charged with accessory to murder is no longer required to wear an ankle monitor.

“I don’t know what happened with Aiken County, but it’s like we fell through the cracks,” said Shadira Smothers, Anderson’s sister.

Krystal Anderson went missing, last seen outside her home in August 2022. Her boyfriend’s car was found burned in a wooded area, and her remains have yet to be found.

After we dug deeper and pressed Aiken County for answers, Tony Berry was arrested and charged with her disappearance. His son, Darius Berry, was arrested as an accessory to murder.

The family feels like this has been an injustice all along. A judge refused to set a bond for Tony. The judge did allow Darius to be out on bond with the condition he wear an ankle monitor.

Anderson’s family feels Tony nor his son cooperated with the investigation.

“I feel like they owe us. I feel like they owe us so much more. You never can bring a life back,” said Smothers.

Her family says they remain in a state of grief, disbelief, and shock, all while trying their best to take care of Anderson’s four children.

Article continues at link.

Krystal Anderson's sister commenting on similarities with Jamilla Smith who is recently missing after DV episodes with her ex-bf, and offering support to Jamilla's family.

AUG 20, 2024
[...]

On Tuesday, Anderson’s family held a vigil to remember her in Columbia.

Investigators say they are still working on every lead in this case, and they aren’t giving up until they find Anderson’s body.

Shadira Smothers says August 20, 2022, will always be etched in her memory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back