KS – Unidentified Child Remains found buried in backyard in Rose Hill, Sept. 11, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police were called at 7:29 p.m. Tuesday about a barricaded adult threatening to harm themselves in the 1400 block of North Meeker Court. Two other adults and two children were inside as well.
[snip]
The same people have been listed as the owners of the property since at least 2019, according to the earliest available year online under Butler County’s tax information

So at the time of the disturbance call there were three adults in the house, including the distressed barricader, and two minor children.

Chief Parlier couldn’t confirm whether the current owners were living in the home at the time of death or if the child was connected to the owners. The owners do live in the house currently; it is not being rented out, and police confirmed children are living in the home.

“We have suspicions, but until the autopsy comes back based on the state of decomposition, there was not an immediate identifiable way to identify the individual,” said Chief Parlier.

(this link offers no new info but does show an ariel view of the backyard in question as it's opening image in the video that accompanies the article)

I don't want to ask too many questions because this is a very new investigation and LE is likely very overwhelmed by all this. Imagine answering a call regarding someone threatening to harm themselves and now you have a child homicide that went undiscovered for years on your hands. Unimaginable.

from ‘Mind-blowing’: Rose Hill community shocked after child’s remains found buried in backyard
“Rose Hill is a small town and like I said, I have been here a long time and we’re all pretty close,” said Rose Hill business owner Tyler McCune. Rose Hill has a population of about 4,000 people.

from Child remains found in backyard of Rose Hill residence - Butler County Times-Gazette

“We didn’t go to that house looking for a homicide, we didn’t we go to that house expecting a homicide,” said Chief Parlier. “Those threads present themselves and then you have to pull on those threads and ask the next question, and sometimes things come up. That’s how we ended up where we’re at.”

After requesting search warrants and subpoenas to the home, the Rose Hill PD, along with the Butler County Sheriff’s Office, brought cadaver-trained K9’s to the home’s location, who indicated to a few different locations in the backyard.

Once the Sheriff’s Office began digging, human remains were found around 4:30pm. According to the Rose Hill PD, the size of the remains indicates that they belong to a child under the age of 10 years old. Due to the state of decomposition, the exact age and gender cannot be identified as of yet, but authorities did disclose that the homicide could have happened about three years ago.

“There is speculation on social media that it’s Adam Hermann, and I can definitively say that it is not,” said Chief Parlier. “I saw people going down that road and I hate to give anybody false hope.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbandit22
Back