KS - Alex & Jennifer Wood for starving 6 & 7yo girls, Wichita, 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For as long as I live, I will never be able to understand how cruel someone can be to their children. Even if they are not her biological children, this woman is apparently the mother figure (what a disgusting example she is). The father had to know that there was something wrong with his daughters, if not their weight then their behavior. I'm sure that the step-mother must have scared them into not saying anything to their dad when he returned home from his trips.

I'm like many of the others that have posted about their pets. I too have a Lab and I have cats. I make sure, everyday, that they are fed and taken care of. I feel the guilt too if I miss the usual "dinnertime" by even a few minutes. My Lab brings me her bowl as a gentle reminder that it's time to eat. These people should never be allowed to have these children in their care again...ever!! I'm tired of giving people that don't deserve it a second chance.

Friends of ours recently lost their 2yr old son due to a brain tumour and its unbearable to see the pain on their faces....then to read how this human filth has been treating these children......Im sorry but Im lost for words:furious:

For all the anger on this thread, why don't we use it to lobby for harsher penalties for crimes such as this? Just a thought.

I could not even finish the story I will later, i just can't now. how sick and cruel these people are. Someone needs to beat the living daylights out of the evil bit** stepmom and the father. I only hope her fellow inmates are as sweet to her as shw was to these kids. Do the 2 girls attend school? why didn't a teacher notice their condidtion? What is the girls condition now, will they survive?

Dark Knight, I totally agree with you 100%.

I did some checking yesterday after reading this story. One article gave a block and street address. Via tax records and other information, the residents' names were available. Until they are publicly named, I'll keep it to myself. BUT I'm curious...surely, LE isn't going to wait for the dad to return from his business trip. They will go and get him, don't you think? I mean to me - this is premeditated. There's only one outcome for starvation. I mean did the turd really think one meal every couple a weeks would keep the girls alive?

I can't imagine the LE are just going to sit and wait for the dad to come back. I mean, for all they know, he could have just as much to do with this as the stepmom. They must be keeping close tabs on him. At least I hope that they are.

I also agree with Dark Knight. Something has got to be done.

Where's the girls mom? Is she dead? I didn't see anything mentioned about her.

Dark Knight or anyone else who has any ideas about this--how do we go about implementing your suggestion for stronger laws? I am a great follower, but not a leader. Someone lead and I will follow.

Opie said:
Dark Knight or anyone else who has any ideas about this--how do we go about implementing your suggestion for stronger laws? I am a great follower, but not a leader. Someone lead and I will follow.
I'd suggest looking into how laws regarding missing children, etc. have come into existence and follow their leads.

nanandjim said:
How could anyone treat innocent children like this? There is a special place in hell for this mother and the girls' father. I am always interested in seeing pictures of the parents because they are usually big, fat pigs who haven't missed a meal.
I know of one person who did a similar thing, and that was Marc Dutroux, who is responsible for 4 deaths and countless rapes of young girls. He locked them in his basement, and in 4 cases let them die of starvation and dehydration. But I really don't know what is worse, because Marc Dutroux wasn't the father of those girls that he killed. Both deserve to die, if you ask me, Dutroux, and this "father".

child abuse....and the children placed in foster homes unless there is another responsible adult relative capable and able to take care of them....

ANGRYWOLF said:
child abuse....and the children placed in foster homes unless there is another responsible adult relative capable and able to take care of them....
What I find odd is that they apparently want to place the malnourished girls together with the other 2 kids from the stepmother. I really don't quite think that either party would be better off this way. I think they should be kept seperate.

Those poor baby girls, never knowing love, how can people do this, it's beyond me, it escapes my mind. My boys are so beautiful to watch, all children are. It's my priviledge to love and care and nurture them and watching them eat is fun. These people are evil, the woman is a totally evil person, to dish out this punishment and have those other two fat and sassy kids.
The dad, what a loser, guess he doesn't know what dad means. How much of a coward do you have to be to be afraid of some woman who is mistreating your children? I would beat the *advertiser censored* out of her and beg the cops to arrest me. You do NOT mistreat my children and live to tell about it!
Never in a million years....

What losers, how sad that this was the role model that the two fed kids had to look up to. I can't say healthy, because this mistreatment of the other two siblings has to have caused psychological damage.

Just worthless people, the world is full of them. I hope the prison chicks work her over on a daily basis.

Love to those sweet baby girls, I hope they were rescued in time to thrive and I agree seperation from the other two kids is probably a better idea.

Garnan said:
Where's the girls mom? Is she dead? I didn't see anything mentioned about her.

I was just reading back through the posts looking for that info too. I can't find any mention of her.

UPDATE
Police disclosed today that they have arrested the stepmother of two young girls who were found severely thin from lack of food and water at their south Wichita home...

The stepmother -- police weren't releasing her name -- has been arrested on suspicion of child abuse and endangerment and aggravated battery.

The battery allegation stems from a suspicion that one of the girls had been strangled, Bridges said, noting that the girl had ligature marks.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/15111506.htm

Still no word on "dad".

Same article.... I overlooked this part:

Investigators have spoken with the girls' father, who is out of town most of the time and returns on weekends, Bridges said.

Asked if the father knew of the girls' condition, Bridges said, "One could assume so, yes."

cathieq said:
UPDATE
Police disclosed today that they have arrested the stepmother of two young girls who were found severely thin from lack of food and water at their south Wichita home...

The stepmother -- police weren't releasing her name -- has been arrested on suspicion of child abuse and endangerment and aggravated battery.

The battery allegation stems from a suspicion that one of the girls had been strangled, Bridges said, noting that the girl had ligature marks.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/15111506.htm

Still no word on "dad".

Should be charged with attempted murder. Does anyone know how the girls are faring since they have been hospitalized?

After I read this, I was just sick. We all eat so well at my house. We just take it for granted that we are going to have a good meal. We snack all the time. "Mom I'm hungry", "Well, what do you want, I'll fix it for you". No big deal. Happens several times a day. I don't even think about it. Until now.

When I am away from home for the day, and I call and talk to Hubby, first thing I ask, "did the boy eat lunch" "did he eat good" "what did he eat" ect. I ask my Husband if he ate if daughter ate ect. And these are my "step" children. (not that there is a difference to me). I raised four boys and I am pretty sure they never missed a meal. This just seems like the most fundamental of needs that are met. Even if you are unable to fix something for a child, usually there are things they can get for themselves. This just boggles my mind.
Sorry for the rant. Just makes me shake my head.

These kids were singled out and starved on purpose. Sure they could have fixed something for themselves, but they were locked in the basement. Her own biological children were well fed, so obviously, she had food in the house. Whenever we hear about cases like this, there is usually one or more other children in the house who are treated just fine. This woman must have resented the fact that this "baggage" from his other relaionship had to live with them, so out of sight, out of mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back