KS - Daycare Center Closed After Serious Abuse Caught On Webcam

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This story is both horrible and bizzare. How long were the cameras there? Didnt anyone ever watch them before? I cant imaging the people working there were abusing these children in view of cameras!

My stomach hurts at the thought of what those kids went through.

It's near impossible to believe it's true.

If I'm understanding correctly, the father of the child being held in a leg-lock walked into the daycare while it was happening. Yet continued to leave his child there because he thought the child was safe?

The grandmother doesn't report to police that the grandchild was tied to a chair? Doesn't make it public so other children are protected?

Just don't understand at all.

If it was my child that I witnessed this happening to, I don't know how calmly I would react.

I hear you. I know I'd be furious. I also know I wouldn't be physically violent. I also think that most folks here wouldn't be physically violent either, but that this is a safe place to vent such feelings.

I remember my first child's daycare had a webcam service that I could keep running in the corner of my computer while I worked. I can't even tell you the number of times I would call them because I thought my baby had been in the swing too long...mind you I would nurse her twice a day while she was there....

This is a weird story and I am glad it's all public.

I feel so lucky at the place my little ones went when they were toddlers and that I was lucky enough to be able to keep them home as infants. My Mom worked for one day in the infant room at a nationaly known "good" childcare place. She said it was awful - not enough good staff to give the tiny ones everything they needed. And for pauper's wages....I hate it.

http://www.abilene-rc.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=FE7B0EE8-19B9-E2F5-4692A9CD8E4F17E2

(snip)
Among the KDHE?findings, the video shows:

• Toddler-aged children being tied to chairs during meals.

One toddler age child was observed on the web cam being shoved and flung, still tied to the chair, against a wall with such force that his feet swayed briskly in the opposite direction upon impact. A time lapse of the video shows the child was tied to the chair for at least 40 minutes.
• A teacher in the preschool unit put her leg over a child to keep the child on a nap cot.

The teacher repeatedly forces the child’s head down, face first onto the cot. A second teacher approaches the child and completely lies upon the child, covering the child’s body for several minutes.

• Observed a child grabbed by the arm and yanked across a room out of camera range.

• A child was pinned under a sink in a classroom because she would not be quiet during nap time. The child was thrown under the sink and hit her head on the pipes.

• A child care facility surveyor reported one teacher yelling at a child in a harsh, frightening tone of voice. The surveyor opened the door to find a toddler gasping, shaking and in tears.

All of this is disgusting
The part in bold is mine and I bet anything she read about RAD (reactive attachment disorder) - and how AT (attachment Therapy is needed)

Its just despicable what people will do

I worked in a daycare for 3 years and I have seen things you guys wouldnt believe. Thats why I never left my children in daycare after that. I even reported my own workplace thats how bad it is. I saw another worker slap a nine month old in the back of the head and I told my manager and she blew it off. I got into it with her a lot. Its just sad that people cant trust centers to care for their children while they try to make an honest living.

I hear ya. This is why it's breaking my heart that DH might be laid off soon, because then I may not be able to be a SAHM. :( We're expecting in late July/early August and I will not put my kids in daycare. My sister is a single mom and she pulled up to the parking lot one day just to see her 20 month old son come bursting out of the emergency exit and book it across the parking lot only to have a teacher following him almost 30 seconds later.

I understand that emergency exits are not lockable for safety reasons, but I just can't believe he was able to get out so quickly. My sister about had a coronary.

Daycares just can not provide the same safety that stay at home parents can provide.

Plus, my nephew had hand-foot-mouth disease at the age of 12 months and I got it from him... guess where he picked it up? Daycare.

This is appalling!!!!! This totally makes me sick to my stomach. Those poor innocent children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back