KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that they're saying they're 100% confident he is involved in Cynthia Kinney's disappearance and that they seem pretty confident that he is involved in Shawna Garber's murder makes me think they have some evidence besides the pantyhose ligature that they are not able to share right now. JMO.

Agree. LE isn't usually this positive in their remarks without good reason.

Agree. LE isn't usually this positive in their remarks without good reason.
It's crazy to think about... All of the prior known victims were Wichita-based, but CK and SG were way farther out (2 hours and 4 hours)... If he only was tried for the murders he mentioned in his letters, that means there could be way more that we don't know about. If they're way outside of Wichita, who knows how many others there were? Someone previously said add another 1-5 on a normal serial killers numbers, but we always thought DR was a talker. What if his smug confidence and games are because he actually got away with a lot more? Terrifying. MOO.

The Sheriff said when he visited with Rader in prison, Rader asked the sheriff if he wanted to know about his fantasy where he "always wanted to kidnap a girl from a laundromat." Attached is the original missing poster of Cynthia Dawn Kinney. More info:https://kwch.com/.../osage-co-sheriffs-office-hands.../

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0522.png
    IMG_0522.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 31
The Sheriff said when he visited with Rader in prison, Rader asked the sheriff if he wanted to know about his fantasy where he "always wanted to kidnap a girl from a laundromat." Attached is the original missing poster of Cynthia Dawn Kinney. More info:https://kwch.com/.../osage-co-sheriffs-office-hands.../
He’s just so vile. It’s just sooo disturbing to think that someone like him exists.

It's crazy to think about... All of the prior known victims were Wichita-based, but CK and SG were way farther out (2 hours and 4 hours)... If he only was tried for the murders he mentioned in his letters, that means there could be way more that we don't know about. If they're way outside of Wichita, who knows how many others there were? Someone previously said add another 1-5 on a normal serial killers numbers, but we always thought DR was a talker. What if his smug confidence and games are because he actually got away with a lot more? Terrifying. MOO.

SG actually lived in a town just outside of Wichita, so it seems possible the monster encountered her there. But, for some reason, he chose to take her to a place about 3 hrs drive away to kill and dump her poor body.

Her story is incredibly sad, abused as a child, lit on fire with lighter fluid by her mother when she was a toddler, grew up in foster homes, etc. Very sad. He obviously realized how vulnerable she was.

He's a monster, I can't think of another word to describe him, but I'm trying to come up with some choice ones.

Honestly makes me wonder if he was into autoerotic asphyxiation, which wouldn't be the least bit surprising. MOO.
The pictures, many of which were taken with a remote or a bulb attached to the camera, indicate that he was. I don't think his wife had any inkling about that either.

One wonders how many "suicides" were actually this.

The authorities wondered about that when he was arrested, because he traveled when he worked for the census, and also the security agency.

Updated: Aug 24, 2023 / 05:43 PM CDT

The sheriff’s office says it started investigating Kinney’s case again after new discoveries tied Rader to Kinney’s disappearance. Nearly 50 years ago, investigators suspect Rader was installing security equipment at a bank in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

Across the road was a laundromat, the last place anyone saw Kinney. That link led the Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden to start looking at Rader as a suspect in her disappearance.

Video of sheriff on Court TV tonight. He was also on Banfield but video is not on YouTube yet and I need to get to bed.

eta-on the Banfield interview he showed the pantyhose recovered in April.

Last edited:

Updated: Aug 24, 2023 / 05:43 PM CDT

The sheriff’s office says it started investigating Kinney’s case again after new discoveries tied Rader to Kinney’s disappearance. Nearly 50 years ago, investigators suspect Rader was installing security equipment at a bank in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

Across the road was a laundromat, the last place anyone saw Kinney. That link led the Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden to start looking at Rader as a suspect in her disappearance.
Holy Crap…

Press Release: August 22, 2023, I became aware that Osage County Sheriff's Office investigators from Oklahoma & Kansas Bureau of Investigation agents, assisted by the Park City Police Department, were at the Park City, KS site where my childhood home originally stood working active investigations into possible missing persons and unsolved murder cases allegedly tied to my father, Dennis Rader, the BTK Serial Killer. These cases predate his arrest on February 25, 2005.

In January 2023, I became aware of the missing person case of Cynthia ‘Cyndi’ Dawn Kinney, a 16-year-old cheerleader who disappeared from a laundromat on June 23, 1976, in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

In June 2023, I became aware of the unsolved murder case of Shawna Garber, whose remains were found near Pineville, MO, in December 1990. In June 2023, I contacted the McDonald County Sheriff's Office in Missouri to offer my volunteer assistance on the Garber case.

I was quickly connected with the Osage County SO, to which I offered the same aid, and was promptly flown to Osage County, OK, to assist on both cases.

I’ve returned since to the Osage County SO to work in a volunteer capacity as an active agent of LE, assisting on these two cases. Including visiting my father twice at the El Dorado Correctional Facility.

My March 2021 “Do Not Contact Order” was legally lifted via assistance from EDCF, the Kansas Department of Corrections, & the KS Governor’s office. Beyond these two cases that have been released publicly…

I’m not at liberty to discuss other possible missing persons and unsolved murder cases that are being actively investigated as possibly committed by my father, nor can I comment on my direct assistance in the investigations.
Multiple LE agencies are seeking long-sought answers in decades-old missing persons & unsolved murder cases in the tri-state area of KS, MO, & OK. And possibly locations that extend beyond the tri-state area.

This past spring, federal transaction immunity was offered to my father in the tri-state area by a federal district attorney's office to give my father a chance to confess to any other violent crimes he may have committed from roughly 1963-2005 giving decades-long grieving families long-sought answers, and in return, my father would not be charged in these cases. At this time, all avenues of justice remain open, and investigations are ongoing.

I want to thank the following LE partners: Osage County SO, who have embraced me like family; McDonald County SO, Wichita PD, Park City PD, KBI, FBI, EDCF, KDOC the office of the Kansas Governor, and all other local, state and federal partners that are seeking answers and Justice.

I hope that inner agency cooperation continues at a steady pace and that a tri-state or beyond, cold case BTK task force be formed by these agencies to fund and power these vital ongoing tasks

I will continue to partner closely and heartily support all LE agencies and offer my volunteer assistance. Together, daily, we can make a difference. Let’s keep working together to solve these cases for these families. They deserve all that we can give them.

We can join together to put our mark on modern inter-agency cooperation and modern forensics. Kerri Rawson, daughter of Dennis Rader, the BTK Serial Killer
Kerri Rawson is an amazing woman. No doubt her cooperation has brought about definitive answers in Cyndi Kinney's case.
Perhaps closure will befound in more cases in the Tri-State area, due to Kerri's research and hard work.
We will probably never know how many girls Rader killed when he was overseas in the U. S. military.

I'm also concerned that there might be people in prison for crimes he did, and they didn't.

Eddie Virden said there was originally a building in the location (shed?), it was removed and a new sidewalk poured over it. BTK sent info. to another person describing where trophies were. Said hose were possibly tied around someone. Items were buried 14-16" below ground in a hole lined with composition shingles for protection with bricks at the bottom for a base. No drivers licenses found but personal type items were found. Info. they were working from was from 2008 sent by BTK to non law enforcement. Items have been sent off for testing.
Imagine finding evidence after all this time.
Rader sure was a saver, and liked his memoirs.

Kerri Rawson is an amazing woman. No doubt her cooperation has brought about definitive answers in Cyndi Kinney's case.
Perhaps closure will befound in more cases in the Tri-State area, due to Kerri's research and hard work.
We will probably never know how many girls Rader killed when he was overseas in the U. S. military.
She really is. And she has so much compassion for the victims as well.

This is just so terrifying. But yet it makes sense… and he was already so practiced almost from the beginning.
Like how did he become like this?!

I have to wonder if that knot is consistent with knot's found on victims. I mean it's his knot for sure..is there anything unusual about it? was this kind of knot used on other victims outside of his 10 confessed murders? I understand knots can be a big deal in forensics . mOO

“Right now, he’s a hundred percent the suspect because he knows stuff and has written stuff that wouldn’t be,” Virden said. “I mean, number one the other stuff in there matches to a ‘T’ to the other victims that he roped. The fact that you’ve got the laundromat in ‘76. There’s no other laundromat that we’ve found where there’s anybody missing from. This is his writings, not ours. This stuff that he created years ago. You just go on from there.”

*I did find one but she disappeared in 2001:
*another from Nov 2022 but we don’t have a thread:
*2007 no thread:

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads