KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The simple reason is he doesn't want to be executed . mOO
He would have easily been able to work out a plea agreement that prevented him from being executed if he had confessed to these additional victims when he confessed to the others. I get that these are different jurisdictions, but there's plenty of examples where murderers in the same situation have been able to avoid the death penalty through confessions, especially when there is still an unrecovered body involved and the murderer agrees to reveal the location where it can be found. That would probably hold true even today for these crimes, especially considering his rapidly declining health (apparently), age and current prison sentence.

As someone who started following this case so closely back when he resurfaced that it bordered on obsession, my initial reaction to all of this is that there are no additional victims and he's just enjoying all of this unexpected attention. We've known all along he did drawings of women tied up in various positions and was obsessed with the weird detective magazines back in the day that included similar sketches. I've never heard of there being drawings located that depicted any of his known victims, rather the only ones I'm aware of were basically the kind of thing you would have seen in those magazines with "generic" women. I have a feeling that these newly discovered sketches are the same type of thing.

I wasn't even aware of the fact that these possible new victims were sexually assaulted through actual penetration/forced touching, whereas none of his known victims were (as far as we know), even though there was obviously a huge sexual component to his crimes. This makes me doubt the new victims even more. I know killers can change over time, but this is a pretty integral part of any serial killer's operation and doesn't seem like something that would be altered in this direction after happening during multiple murders. I could believe it changing in the other direction since it's not uncommon for offenders to work up to certain acts (like rape), but it seems much less likely that he would go in the other direction, especially since he was still a relatively young man when he killed the Oteros. I could maybe even buy that he didn't assault Josephine because of her age, but that doesn't explain the later victims.

If he is responsible for these other murders then I hope they find the evidence they need to prove it, but until I see such additional evidence then I'm going to keep leaning toward them not being his victims.

The simple reason is he doesn't want to be executed . mOO

True. But, evidence doesn't have to come from this psycho-sadist's mouth.... I hope something was preserved. (Or evidence will be obtained if they locate previously unknown victims).

True. But, evidence doesn't have to come from this psycho-sadist's mouth.... I hope something was preserved. (Or evidence will be obtained if they locate previously unknown victims).

One thing a lawyer most likely told him was no matter what they say don't trust a plea deal..especially in a DP state..I think some more of his victims are children and he doesn't want it known. They are going to get him now though... hope he's looking forward to his big moving day! mOO

I'm not convinced there are additional victims yet. I have a hard time believing he could have refrained from talking about additional victims all this time.
I’ve said the same, but I’ve thought it over, and there are quite a few cases where serial killers have refrained from taking credit for everything. It’s weird, because when they’re caught, most want credit for even things they didn’t do. Who knows, this might be one of those.

I’m keeping my mind open.

Way back during BTK - there were many unsolved murders in Wichita. They did not make headlines because BTK was bad enough. Wichita had a reputation to uphold. Wholesome city. Great place for families. Raise kids. WOW !!! So many unsolved murders back then. I understand it very well. I lived there. Right during it all.

I had a nice time on my visits to Witchita, but I will tell you I did drive around those sweet little neighborhoods and think about Dennis and the murders... there was also a great Hotel and some great spots.. mOO

One thing a lawyer most likely told him was no matter what they say don't trust a plea deal..especially in a DP state..I think some more of his victims are children and he doesn't want it known. They are going to get him now though... hope he's looking forward to his big moving day! mOO
I feel you might be right. I think Dennis only revealed what he wanted to (his "best of") to the police. From what I remember, he didn't really want to discuss the Otero murders as much and IMHO it's because it involved children.

I thought Red Dress and Green Dress looked very young to me.

I worry about Kerri Rawson, having to grow up as a young girl in the same household with Dennis.

I feel you might be right. I think Dennis only revealed what he wanted to (his "best of") to the police. From what I remember, he didn't really want to discuss the Otero murders as much and IMHO it's because it involved children.

I worry about Kerri Rawson, having to grow up as a young girl in the same household with Dennis.
think he ever warned her about guys like him? Did he shelter and protect her? Did she ever say?

Inmates who have committed crimes against chidren are the bottom of the barrel in prison justice. imo.

I'm not convinced there are additional victims yet. I have a hard time believing he could have refrained from talking about additional victims all this time.

I think it's because other states have the death penalty. According to his daughter Kerri, he is very unhappy with these other murders coming to light b/c he's happy at the prison he's at and does not want more trials and possibly the death penalty.

think he ever warned her about guys like him? Did he shelter and protect her? Did she ever say?
I've been trying to listen to Kerri Rawson's interviews, and this episode was very insightful, especially regarding the new investigations.

I think Dennis terrorized his family with coercive control, there was physical abuse of her brother and emotional abuse. For Kerri, there was a lot of fear not knowing "which dad" would come home that day and in what mood. Kerri remembers feeling fearful of her father at a very young age (4? I think), but not necessarily understanding why. She remembers her father would intimidate her by snapping his belt (visually, not physically) at her. Later she found out Dennis liked to steal victim's possessions and use them in his own home, including that exact belt. Kerri said that Dennis stole a pink blanket from a victim (upon which he raped her), and used it as a family picnic blanket.

IMHO, I wonder if there was pre-verbal abuse when Kerri was a toddler. Memories can be fuzzy and confusing, but the emotions are real and linger. Not feeling "safe" with a parent really impacts a child.

If Dennis was bringing home souveniers of his crimes to be used by his family, it makes me think he was not protective at all. He sounded incredibly controlling at home. I'm still listening to find out more.

These are some of the words that I see. {Eeeewwww} :(:rolleyes:
My thoughts in bold

Devil This looks like Desil to me. Look at the S below in Storage
Storage age
Video
T.V.
Hi chair
De? - shy witz - open
Rack
Shower
Bathroom
Sink
Wet bar
Chair
reading light
??? Tracking
Mirror
T.2 (or Z) Camera
Elevator
guillotine
Gallow
Bench could be bRench…which means branching object. Like a pitchfork?
Chair
Pole
Rack
Sandbox
Pool
Water tank
Barbecue this looks like barbear to me. Which is Spanish for to shave, to flatter, to throw. It could also be barbie misspelled. He mailed a generic barbie to LE
Box
Rugged Room box
reg room
Cutout cut up
Airtight tank

***** WARNING **** GRAPHIC CONTENT its Dennis Rader, y'all. Cross-out adjustment made by @arielilane.

@KerriRawson
gives her analysis of photos taken by her father, BTK killer Dennis Rader, of himself reenacting crime scenes. She goes into detail about where some of the photos were taken and how they provide clues into his crimes. More: https://trib.al/nc2d8nh #Banfield

Does that look like a nurse's hat in the tree photo?

Dennis recreating crimes and taking selfies in his own daughter's dorm room... I have no words...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back