KS KS - Jaquilla Scales, 4, Wichita, 5 Sept 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kansas missing children: What happened to Jaquilla Scales?

[....]

Jaquilla was four-years-old when she was last seen in a flowered night shirt on the night of September 5, 2001. Her grandmother woke up to find her gone from their Wichita home. Officers and community members searched for the little girl, but didn't find any clues.

Then, the September 11th attacks, and the attention shifted away from her case.

“I don't want nobody to forget her. I want the world to remember my niece like they remember 911,” Jaquilla’s aunt, Aletha Scholfield said.

Jaquilla's case is still open with the Wichita Police Department. But there are no new developments. Captain Brent Allred doesn't want you to underestimate the smallest bit of information in this case--anything could turn into something.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/De...ichita-girl-missing-since-2001-481570851.html

Jaquilla+Scales+mug.JPG

JAN 14, 2019
Jayme Closs' safe return in Wisc. sparks hope for cold cases in Kan.
The recent news of 13-year-old Jayme Closs being found safe after missing for several months in Wisconsin is the latest story bringing hope to local cases as it captures headlines nationally.

Although Closs was only missing for a fraction of the time, the latest example of a cooling case being resolved keeps hope alive for families like that of Jaquilla Scales. Jaquilla was last seen on Sept. 5, 2001. She was only four years old.

Today, her brother, Marcus still finds traces of Jaquilla all over Wichita.

"I remember once day I was at Walmart and I saw a poster of her, like a missing children's poster of her. Man, I couldn't do noting but cry at that point," Marcus says.

After more than 17 years, he remains hopeful his sister will come home one day.

"It gives me faith that someday my sister will come home," he says. "You have to keep faith somehow."

JAN 22, 2019
A girl disappeared from her family's home in September 2001. She was last seen, being laid to sleep. As her mom tells me, she vanished without a trace.

SEP 6, 2022
This week marks 21 years since the disappearance of 4-year-old Jaquilla Scales from her Wichita home. While it got a lot of attention for a few days, her case was dwarfed six days later by the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

[...]

This year, Jaquilla would be 25 years old. The Wichita Police Department released photos of what she looked like when she was four and what she might look like now.

1672623150127.png
Jaquilla-Scales-2021-age24.png

[...]

Nov 10, 2022

Now 25 year old Jaquilla Evonne Scales of Wichita, Kansas, has been missing since September 5, 2001 .
314724848_494542062708820_5603351337793447571_n.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457