GUILTY KS - Jordan Corbin, 3 mos, starved to death, Salina, 26 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
apparently Nicholas and Desirah had a rather on again off again relationship. They were apart briefly and he showed himself as in a relationship with another and then he and Desirah reunited a short time later. I haven't looked at their FBs since I posted the links but IIRC, this separation was not recent but took place sometime last year (winter of 2012 maybe). There really is not much visible on their FB pages and I am wondering where this exchange about formula was found by the news site. I did not see that on his FB.

WTF! Per his fb page.

i love having a gun that shoots exploding orphan children at enemies

In the comments below the post, it says it is from a game called Deathspank

DeathSpank, (also known as DeathSpank: Orphans of Justice), is a comedy action role-playing game created by game designers Ron Gilbert and Clayton Kauzlaric. It was developed by Hothead Games and published by Electronic Arts. The game was released on July 13, 2010 on the PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network and on July 14, 2010 on the Xbox 360 via Xbox Live Arcade. The Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X versions were released October 26, 2010 and December 14, 2010, respectively via Steam.

DeathSpank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you SwampMama :) I figured as much. To me his choice of games is not terribly telling as many people in his age group appear to be gamers nowadays. I will revise my opinion if it becomes known that he spent hours on his game to the detriment of his child, but for the moment it is simply an interesting post on his FB page to me.

http://salinapost.com/2013/12/28/saline-county-jail-booking-activity-saturday-118/0ca0bxg4/

http://salinapost.com/2013/12/28/saline-county-jail-booking-activity-saturday-118/0ca0bxex/

They say Nick Corbin posted December 21st asking if anyone had any baby food they didn't need.

In the post, Corbin says, "I can't feed my son formula at the moment, so I have to feed him baby jars and plastic container foods."

But they say at the time, they had no reason to think much more of it.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Salina-Police-investigate-death-of-baby-boy-237524911.html

As the mother of two children (4 yrs and 21 months) I can say that a 3 month old is too young for jarred food. At 4 months, under the guidance of a pediatrician, you might be able to incorporate some baby cereal mixed in with formula or breast milk. A 3-month-old's digestive system is not developed enough to handle that and feeding them different foods that early makes them more likely to develop allergies. Their little digestive systems aren't ready for that kind of food until at least 6months. These two idiots didn't have a clue as to how to raise a baby....let alone care for one properly.

If a baby can't handle the formula, it's probably because it's causing stomach issues, some babies get very gassy off of certain brands of formula, some are allergic to dairy and you need to switch them to something like a soy based formula. They could have EASILY gotten help if they were having feeding issues or if they couldn't afford formula. We have organizations that help mothers and children get food, like WIC. There's something wrong here. I'm getting a feeling that this baby probably was being neglected in some way, not eating right and was probably colicky and crying a lot. Someone snapped and shook him.

As the mother of two children (4 yrs and 21 months) I can say that a 3 month old is too young for jarred food. At 4 months, under the guidance of a pediatrician, you might be able to incorporate some baby cereal mixed in with formula or breast milk. A 3-month-old's digestive system is not developed enough to handle that and feeding them different foods that early makes them more likely to develop allergies. Their little digestive systems aren't ready for that kind of food until at least 6months. These two idiots didn't have a clue as to how to raise a baby....let alone care for one properly.

If a baby can't handle the formula, it's probably because it's causing stomach issues, some babies get very gassy off of certain brands of formula, some are allergic to dairy and you need to switch them to something like a soy based formula. They could have EASILY gotten help if they were having feeding issues or if they couldn't afford formula. We have organizations that help mothers and children get food, like WIC. There's something wrong here. I'm getting a feeling that this baby probably was being neglected in some way, not eating right and was probably colicky and crying a lot. Someone snapped and shook him.

as a mom for 28 years (three kids, one grown) I totally agree with everything you posted.

Jordan Jeremiah Corbin, 2 months and 27 days old, of Salina, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013. Jordan was born Sept. 29, 2013, in Salina, the son of Desirah Nichole Overturf and Nicholas Jordan Corbin.

Survivors include his grandmother, Kathy Licon, of Salina; grandfather, James Overturf, of Topeka; great-grandmother, Rosalie Paige, of Salina; great-grandfather, Jackie Putnam, of Bennington; aunt and uncle, Autumn and Christian Overturf; aunt and uncle, Keisha and Bart Overturf, of Topeka; great-aunt and uncle, Colleen and Paul Dierks, of Salina; cousins, Preston and Jenny McClellan, Spencer and Victoria McClellan and Courtney and Haley McClellan; and many other loving family members.

A celebration of life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 2, 2013, at Emmanuel Foursquare Church, Salina, with Pastor Steve Gowin officiating. Burial will follow in Bennington Cemetery, Bennington.

http://www.salina.com/obituaries/Recent/Jordan-Jeremiah-Corbin#sthash.KRoT9DKF.dpuf

Rest in peace, little man.

From September 2014:

http://www.ksal.com/mom-gets-life-for-starving-baby/

A Salina woman who pleaded no contest to first degree murder charges in connection with the death of her 3-month-old son is sentenced to life in prison.

Judge Patrick Thompson on Monday sentenced 21-year-old Desirah N. Overturf to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years...

Prosecutors say that Corbin and Overturf did not like being parents, and made a decision to starve the baby to death so they could have their old life back.

From February 2015:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-babys-starvation-death/31190260

The father of a 3-month-old Salina boy who was abused and starved to death has been sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Nicholas Corbin, 28, had pleaded no contest to first-degree murder in the death of Jordan Corbin in December 2013.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE
Back