Identified! KS - Lincolnville, WhtFem UP2422, 20-30, Pachuco Cross tattoo, Sep'87 - Michelle Carnall Burton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How about Sherry Bynum missing from Colorado Springs CO on August 9, 1987 - UID was found Sept 21, 1987

She was 30 when she went missing
Height is close, Weight is close
No mention of Sherry having a tattoo

Colorado Springs to Marion County KS is almost a straight shot on Interstate 70 (thinking truck driver, serial killer)

View attachment 26943 View attachment 26944

I also found this article about the UID

http://marionrecord.com/direct/identity_still_a_mystery_after_25_years+4352case+4964656e74697479207374696c6c2061206d797374657279206166746572203235207965617273

Finnegan estimated the age of the woman to be between 22 and 30 years old. She was white, 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and weighed between 115 and 130 pounds. She had brown hair. Her left forearm had a cross-shaped tattoo with four marks radiating from the axis of the cross. Based on the decomposition of the body, Finnegan believed the homicide occurred sometime between June 21 and Aug. 10.

Childs said the woman likely was killed outside the county and brought here to conceal the crime.

Armed with this information and dental records, investigators went to work paring down a list of 350 missing person reports compiled by KBI that were similar to the victim. In less than two weeks, they eliminated 285 of them.

One possible match was extremely close, but additional analysis by Marion dentist D.K. Schroeder ruled it out. No matches were found in the KBI list, but the sheriff’s department and KBI continued to receive missing person inquiries from law enforcement agencies around the country.

More at link

What do you think? Should I turn this one in?

I have a copy of Sherry Bynum's dental chart. There are numerous irreconcilable inconsistencies to this Jane Doe:

For example, SB was missing her upper teeth 2, 13, and 15, and her lower tooth #31. Those teeth were all present on the Jane Doe.

SB also had a root canal on #20 - Not noted on the Jane Doe

Regarding Fillings (common filled teeth are marked black bold, irreconcilable inconsistencies are marked in red, and inconsistencies not technically irreconcilable are marked in blue)

SB had fillings in her upper teeth 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14, and her lower teeth 18, 19, and 20.
The Jane Doe had fillings in her upper teeth 8, 10, 14, 15, and her lower teeth 18, 19, 20, and 30

SB also had all four wisdom teeth (1, 16, 17, and 32) present. The Jane Doe was missing her upper wisdom teeth (1 and 16), and her lowers were still present. Not technically irreconcilable because they could have been removed after her last known dental appointment (in July 1986), but it is inconsistent.

Anita Kim Setzer-Tilden went missing from Raytown, MO on July 9, 1987. I found a picture of her in a 1973 Raytown High School yearbook on classmates.com listed as ”Kim Setzer”, but I can't paste it here. She might be worth looking at because her age, date lka and location fit.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/4976

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

This one was just re-added to Doe Network three days ago. Not sure why it apparently took so long for them to re-add her. It's the same link (6UFKS) and everything, with some changes:

Height is now 5'6 - 5'8 (previously 5'6 to 5'11)
Weight is now 110 - 130 lbs (previously 110 - 120 lbs)
The estimated date of the rib fractures is narrowed down to 6 months - 3 years (previously just ''within 3 years'')
While the estimated postmortem interval at the top is still 2 - 3 months, the circumstances section puts the estimated date of death as being between June 21st and August 10th. So, she could have been killed as late as one month and 10 days before she was found.

This one was just re-added to Doe Network three days ago. Not sure why it apparently took so long for them to re-add her. It's the same link (6UFKS) and everything, with some changes:

Height is now 5'6 - 5'8 (previously 5'6 to 5'11)
Weight is now 110 - 130 lbs (previously 110 - 120 lbs)
The estimated date of the rib fractures is narrowed down to 6 months - 3 years (previously just ''within 3 years'')
While the estimated postmortem interval at the top is still 2 - 3 months, the circumstances section puts the estimated date of death as being between June 21st and August 10th. So, she could have been killed as late as one month and 10 days before she was found.

They were redoing the site I believe. They stopped taking submissions at one point. Just glad to see they finally added her back

I have had this one on a "tentative possibles" list for awhile, and decided to put it up on the board for discussion.

Rita Mae Hughes
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hughes_rita.html

hughes_rita.jpg
2378841990045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
hughes_rita2.jpg

Above Images: Hughes, circa 1986 (with UID Reconstruction on right for comparison)

There is no indication that Rita had a tattoo on her forearm or previously broken ribs. And there were apparently no eyeglasses found with the remains.

But there is a good match on vital stats and timeline. Also, Lincolnville KS is nearly a straight shot north of Houston by way of Interstate 35. And she was last seen at a bus depot although her presumed destination was New Orleans (East of Houston).

They still haven't confirmed or ruled out Rita Hughes. A missing person advocate who is very active in calling public attention to missing persons cases knows Rita's family. I have called several times asking if they can rule out Rita as this Jane Doe. They always say they will look into it, and then they don't.

But she is still not on the rule-out list.

They still haven't confirmed or ruled out Rita Hughes. A missing person advocate who is very active in calling public attention to missing persons cases knows Rita's family. I have called several times asking if they can rule out Rita as this Jane Doe. They always say they will look into it, and then they don't.

But she is still not on the rule-out list.

Try submitting again. Have you tried submitting the UP to Rita's case worker on NamUs?

Bumping. Just because the NamUs has been updated but I can't see how anything is different from info in this thread. Think she deserved a little bump anyway.

Ugh it seems like they arent making much effort regarding this case. A few of the names suggested arent ruled out on Namus as of today, I wish they would follow up or add the names if they have been ruled out.

Ruleouts on Namus as of 30 March 2015 https://identifyus.org/cases/2422

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Wendy Huggy 1965 Florida
Mary Lang 1952 Kansas
Shirley Pullen 1916 Michigan
Susan Riedling 1967 Kentucky
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Billie Willard 1941 North Carolina

Current list of rule outs
First NameLast NameYear of BirthState LKA
MaryBurnett1967Alabama
WendyHuggy1965Florida
MaryLang1952Kansas
ShirleyPullen1916Michigan
SusanRiedling1967Kentucky
SusanRiedling1967Kentucky
PatriciaSchmidt1964Virginia
BillieWillard1941North Carolina

Looks like the list didn't post. Mary Burnett has been added.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2422

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Mary Burnett 1967 Alabama
Wendy Huggy 1965 Florida
Mary Lang 1952 Kansas
Shirley Pullen 1916 Michigan
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Billie Willard 1941 North Carolina

No ruleouts, though her Namus case file was updated in August 2017.

With dentals and DNA, you'd think it would be possible to identify her.

Is it possible this could be Clara Grunst? Missing from Joplin, MO since 10/9/84. She was last heard from at a payphone in Pittsburg, KS, not too far from Lincolnville. She did have a tattoo on her left arm, above the elbow. Only thing that doesn’t fit is she has blonde curly hair. She is also not on the rule-out list.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1369dfmo.html

Is it possible this could be Clara Grunst? Missing from Joplin, MO since 10/9/84. She was last heard from at a payphone in Pittsburg, KS, not too far from Lincolnville. She did have a tattoo on her left arm, above the elbow. Only thing that doesn’t fit is she has blonde curly hair. She is also not on the rule-out list.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1369dfmo.html

They both have DNA

Clara https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/240/0/
Doe https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2422

The link won't post, but if you Google "Lincolnville KS Jane Doe", you can find a tattoo description, and it doesn't match Clara.

You know, I live in Kansas and we don’t have that many UID’s listed here. This one caught my eye when I read another MP story, and I almost came here so excited because I thought I found a match. But alas, the woman who was missing did so about 8 years after this UID. :facepalm: but I think Chaddylex is onto something. Very similar match, and I70 is a straight shot across the state.

Guys, this is my and mom's child Hood friend. She and Lynda were two peas in a pod. She never had her closure until one day I looked Lynda's name up and came across this. She wants to thank you for making the connection and giving her that closure... It meant the world to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back