Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nice weather Saturday, right? So I would think that there were probably a lot of people out at the park, taking advantage of the weather. Seems it would be different to have a child disappear when there are others around.

The park closes at 9, do they have gates that shut or is it still accessable? Any back ways in?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is interesting. Horses. Instead of dogs.

There are scent horses, but more likely those officers are on horseback to make it easier to cover rugged terrain. And on horseback, they can see farther, especially if there's grass or brush. A person on foot often can only see what's right at their feet, while a person on horseback can look down onto a wider area.

I'm sorry, what does "down to the basement" mean? I've seen it said a few times, but I can't figure it out.

I learned from other cases, some scent dogs just don't pick up a scent. Look at the boy who disappeared at the park and they said no scent located him there, but his body was found a few days later.

It really bothers me that no one has tweeted about the case since Wichita Police tweeted "Tune in at 01:30 pm for an afternoon press conference regarding Lucas Hernandez" 37 minutes ago.
https://twitter.com/WichitaPolice/status/965647153166209024

Plus, up until just a couple of hours ago, MSM was reporting LE wouldn't be giving further updates until Monday.

Perhaps it's time to head down to the basement for the scanner thread ....

But this is Monday? Isn't it? I know with the holiday it's hard to keep straight...

It really bothers me that no one has tweeted about the case since Wichita Police tweeted "Tune in at 01:30 pm for an afternoon press conference regarding Lucas Hernandez" 37 minutes ago.
https://twitter.com/WichitaPolice/status/965647153166209024

Plus, up until just a couple of hours ago, MSM was reporting LE wouldn't be giving further updates until Monday.

Perhaps it's time to head down to the basement for the scanner thread ....
BBM
I think you're a day off, today is Monday. [emoji6]

A lot of what was said and not said concerning blaze was to keep perp in the dark. They also said he wasn't a suspect for quite awhile, and many believe he was carried into the park already deceased, in a sleeping bag, dumped over the ledge, then buried. If they used scent dogs, not cadaver, results would be nil.

I'm sorry, what does "down to the basement" mean? I've seen it said a few times, but I can't figure it out.

The "basement" is a private area of Websleuths where only members can view and post. In this case, it refers to a specific subform for listening to and posting from raw scanner audio for the area associated with a case.

We'd be glad to welcome you to join us, but I really wouldn't recommend it for a family member unless you're used to listening to LE scanners. The information is raw and unverified and often mistaken, but upsetting nevertheless.

The basement is a private area, only accessable to members. There is a scanner thread there where people transcribe police scanner activity.

I would strongly recommend that you do not go there. That is no way for someone to find out about a loved one.

That was my first thought as well.
However, with the teacher speaking out publicly, wouldn't she have maybe mentioned that he hadn't been to school in some time? Maybe not but seems logical to say if that's the case.
Sure sounds like he never lived there, tho. Wonder what insight the brothers can give (Am I remembering right that he has older siblings?).

Since they so recently had moved into the home Lucas is said to have disappeared from, where did they live before the move?

Was their lease up at the previous place or did they own and sell ?

My reason for asking ,(if anyone knows), is because it seems LE dogs have not found any scent of Lucas leaving the current home at all. Could it be that a terrible thing happened at the previous place? Sometimes when moving you have posession of keys for both homes at once, making it easier to move over a weekend or so rather than all in one day. Makes me wonder if Lucas never made it to the new location.

Thank you SO much for sharing this! I had no idea this existed.

As others have said, you might not want to listen. We can only talk about the scanner on the scanner threads. I don't want anything to upset you that you might hear. ((((hugs))))

If he left on his own, the dogs would have had a trackable scent.

I am Not a SAR expert but I assume that even a highly trained SAR dog would not be able to determine if a child’s scent was left by walking, ( being carried), into a house or car or going out of it. Unless there was evidence other than scent still there to indicate direction, such as footprints or, (excuse me!), blood droplets, etc.

I suppose that a dog could tell direction from a scent trail that goes for a greater distance because the scent would be weaker at the beginning trail and grow stronger as the dog get closer to the subject of the search.

Well said Carbuff and Wyle.
I find it hard to listen to and I'm never involved as a loved one is. Tough, sad things happen on there even when not related to said case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also took a stroll down the street and saw lots of attached garages so that does make sense.

The elementary school mentioned the msm article yesterday has a boundary zone that puts Lucas' new residence WAY outside the boundary. So technically he should be attending a school much closer to the new place (and there are at least 2 elementary schools, much closer than the one he's currently attending). And if dad is working out of town during the week, then step-mom much be driving him to school?

Not even sure any of that matters in any way. Just something that stood out to me.

As others have said, you might not want to listen. We can only talk about the scanner on the scanner threads. I don't want anything to upset you that you might hear. ((((hugs))))

I've already been listening to the scanner off and on since Saturday. I just didn't know the scanner thread existed. At this point I don't care what I hear. I just want to hear SOMETHING.

I've already been listening to the scanner off and on since Saturday. I just didn't know the scanner thread existed. At this point I don't care what I hear. I just want to hear SOMETHING.

I completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member