Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time?

Also, along these l8nes, wanted to ask about recycling.

No specific time is given but on trash day you’re supposed to have the cart at the curb by 6am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to the Dump.. it would take a warrant search?? A group could not just go out and search

Correct. There is all kinds of hazardous stuff out there. It would take also knowing what days, what customers, what trash company, etc to narrow down where to search. I know that Equusearch has done landfill searches before, as have LE, but just going in there with no real specific information would not be done.

The way commercial works is for pickup to be very early Monday thru Friday pickup (like 2am start) because that’s when parking lots are mostly empty. Roll off ( the big construction dumpsters that aren’t permanent pickups) are done on an as needed basis. There is some commercial stuff picked up on Saturday mornings, but since you have to have a CDL to drive any of the trash trucks, DOT hours are tightly controlled and limits how many hours drivers can work in a day and in a week. The drivers also get either so much an hour or paid by the stop so the faster you work, the more you make. Just knowing how the trucks work, and if Lucas died on a Friday, I’d say it would be impossible for him to be in a residential trash can because it’s standard for LE to seize trash during an investigation. Plus the residential trucks, when the carts are dumped it goes into this open bay and you can see what’s in there. The reason for this is so nothing unallowed like chemicals or certain kinds of batteries don’t make it into the trucks and cause an explosion when they are packed. Commercial dumpsters would be the only place where a body, even in a bag or suitcase, could go unnoticed.

What if she didn’t place him in her own trash can? What residential trash would LE have seized? Just EG’s or every can on the street?

Don’t read this case if you aren’t familiar with it (it gave me nightmares for weeks), but I’m thinking of the Ingrid Lyne murder in WA state. Ingrid’s remains were not put in her own residential trash can, but they were placed miles away in random people’s recycling bins and trash cans.

I think the whole issue of the idea of premeditated murder here will play out in the actual charges in the courtroom but I don't believe they are vital to trying to figure out where Lucas is. If she truly premeditated doing this, she would have gone out of her way to appear like the model mother first. The weeks before she would make sure everyone knew how much she cared for him. Lots of interaction so she could be seen being a great mother while all the time planning his demise and the perfect place to hide him. I agree that before the final act against him was committed, she might very well knew the result would be death. I originally thought maybe an accident happened while she was gone to OG. But now that LL gives confirmation of seeing him just a short while before her return, I think it might be more likely she got mad. In her mind, this boy keeps getting in the way of her getting her own boys back. He is too weak. Can't take horsing around or punishment. He's just been bad luck for her. Whether she has a burst of anger or somehow thinks through the advantages of having him gone she has to wait till Saturday to report because she can't have LE asking about today. But, I tend to think the actual hiding place of the body was done without a lot of thought before hand which gives me more hope that WS or the general public will find him. I have a hard time believing that a second person is involved and they haven't thrown each other under the bus.

What if she didn’t place him in her own trash can? What residential trash would LE have seized? Just EG’s or every can on the street?

Don’t read this case if you aren’t familiar with it (it gave me nightmares for weeks), but I’m thinking of the Ingrid Lyne murder in WA state. Ingrid’s remains were not put in her own residential trash can, but they were placed miles away in random people’s recycling bins and trash cans.

I can’t remember who it was but someone is married to a trash man and she was talking in thread 11 I think? About how it is nearly impossible to conceal such in residential trash because of how they process it.
I’m still struck by the completely open, middle of the parking lot dumpsters in that neighborhood
Several apartment complexes, on Lincoln and Harry, between Oliver and Edgemoor
The two Laundromats on Lincoln at Oliver and Edgemoor
Parklane Shopping Center
There’s another strip mall that is older also at Oliver and Lincoln

I wonder if anyone is putting money in her canteen for her?!

She didn't succeed in lowering the amount, but she did get visits w/ her daughter, now, right? I'm sorry, I'm supposed to be folding laundry, and shouldn't stop to search for it, but I know someone quoted it in the thread. Maybe one of those kansas articles. Was any mention ever made of the no contact with JH bond condition?

No one physically visits the jail, either, is that correct?

That is correct. It’s all by video screen and it’s limited. Phone contact is recorded and goes thru a private company. The only face to face visits allowed are lawyers and social workers in these ridiculously small claustrophobic rooms. It’s uncomfortable to say the least. I think the only contact she can’t have with JH and MH right now is physical contact. Unless her rights are dissolved to any of her children, there is a “family reunification” plan in place, and I’m guessing she’s allowed to call the foster family to find out about her daughter. Disgusting I know.

What time?

Also, along these l8nes, wanted to ask about recycling.

No residential trash is picked up on the weekends. People will put their trash at the curb the night before since pickup starts around 5:30. Recycle will get picked up normally the same day as trash but every two weeks.

Tbh I’m not sure how well no contact orders are enforced from the jail. My sister was in custody and my parents had a no contact order against her. After a month or so they were having video calls with her. These calls have to be authorized so I was shocked this was allowed. Obviously, my families case was not high profile but no repercussions came from it. So it is possible communication is taking place.

Actually, you have to live 2.5 miles or more away from the school to ride the bus- with exceptions for special needs students with transportation in their IEP
And I think they also have some exceptions for what they classify as ‘hazardous’ routes

If you drive Edgemoor when any of those schools lets out it is flooded with kids and parents. All those kids in her area walk unless, like you said, they have an IEP or disability. Or go to high school or a magnet.

I haven’t caught up just yet but here is a thought that just ran through my head. Could the phone calls have been to LH from EG on a home phone or device in the home? I may be giving EG to much credit here in thinking she was maternal and checking on LH.

I was wondering the same thing. All thst was talked about was the baby. No mention of the rest

Her other kids are under court orders already that is why. Her ex had filed to temporarily halt visitation so the judge in her new case won’t issue a new order to overwrite an existing one.

If you drive Edgemoor when any of those schools lets out it is flooded with kids and parents. All those kids in her area walk unless, like you said, they have an IEP or disability. Or go to high school or a magnet.

Yep which still strikes me for the time of day she would have been going to OG on Friday- right at elementary dismissal time.

I think the whole issue of the idea of premeditated murder here will play out in the actual charges in the courtroom but I don't believe they are vital to trying to figure out where Lucas is. If she truly premeditated doing this, she would have gone out of her way to appear like the model mother first. The weeks before she would make sure everyone knew how much she cared for him. Lots of interaction so she could be seen being a great mother while all the time planning his demise and the perfect place to hide him. I agree that before the final act against him was committed, she might very well knew the result would be death. I originally thought maybe an accident happened while she was gone to OG. But now that LL gives confirmation of seeing him just a short while before her return, I think it might be more likely she got mad. In her mind, this boy keeps getting in the way of her getting her own boys back. He is too weak. Can't take horsing around or punishment. He's just been bad luck for her. Whether she has a burst of anger or somehow thinks through the advantages of having him gone she has to wait till Saturday to report because she can't have LE asking about today. But, I tend to think the actual hiding place of the body was done without a lot of thought before hand which gives me more hope that WS or the general public will find him. I have a hard time believing that a second person is involved and they haven't thrown each other under the bus.
I think knowing if it was premeditated or an accident absolutely helps in finding him. If it was an accident she most likely would’ve panicked and not through where to dispose him. Premeditated she would have planned out the perfect spot. At this point anything is possible. But it’s been a month and we still can’t find him. That’s why I lean towards she had help disposing him and/or premeditated. As far as the “ helper” IF there is one... who knows what the relationship is or what they have on each other. I just think nothing should be ruled out. JMO

Wichita trash is a bit weird for a city of our size.....it’s the largest city with an open trash market. In other words, the city doesn’t run it so you have two major carriers and then a bunch of smaller, independent ones. Most people put their cans in places you can’t just get to, and with her old apartment dumpsters being open like they are, that would make more sense to use. She could have put him in someone else’s, but LH’s disappearance has been such big news that someone would probably notice a big bag in their trash cart. The carts we use aren’t huge, you can maybe fit 4-5 bags in there and any additional cans are extra. With the first residential pickup being Monday morning it’s possible, not likely because she would have had to have Lucas stashed somewhere and then left late that night and put him in one. She would have had to drive around to find a neighborhood getting picked up early that next morning and the police were all over her by then.

I can’t remember who it was but someone is married to a trash man and she was talking in thread 11 I think? About how it is nearly impossible to conceal such in residential trash because of how they process it.
I’m still struck by the completely open, middle of the parking lot dumpsters in that neighborhood
Several apartment complexes, on Lincoln and Harry, between Oliver and Edgemoor
The two Laundromats on Lincoln at Oliver and Edgemoor
Parklane Shopping Center
There’s another strip mall that is older also at Oliver and Lincoln

Yeah that would be me.....my knowledge of all things trash haunts me [emoji849]

Yep which still strikes me for the time of day she would have been going to OG on Friday- right at elementary dismissal time.

Exactly. Not to mention Raytheon gets out starting at 3:30 and the Rock/Kellogg area is the busiest in town. But the 4-6 time frame is pretty slow at OG, my niece works at the one out west and if you go at those times, you can get in and out pretty quickly.

You are reading my mind!
I followed her case because it’s so close to home.
That’s also why I was questioning big commercial dumpsters!:facepalm:

Exactly. Not to mention Raytheon gets out starting at 3:30 and the Rock/Kellogg area is the busiest in town. But the 4-6 time frame is pretty slow at OG, my niece works at the one out west and if you go at those times, you can get in and out pretty quickly.

Yeah dinner crowd at the restaurant -pretty slow at that time. But traffic! Omg.

I think knowing if it was premeditated or an accident absolutely helps in finding him. If it was an accident she most likely would’ve panicked and not through where to dispose him. Premeditated she would have planned out the perfect spot. At this point anything is possible. But it’s been a month and we still can’t find him. That’s why I lean towards she had help disposing him and/or premeditated. As far as the “ helper” IF there is one... who knows what the relationship is or what they have on each other. I just think nothing should be ruled out. JMO

I don’t think she would have gone to OG and left Lucas alone if it was premeditated. Or had admission of doing drugs on her phone. I don’t think at all she planned this. Most deaths due to child abuse aren’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member