Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does EG have the same judge each time they go to court?

Could EG’s lawyer want a continuance because he didn’t like the judge they would be going in front of?

Still not uncommon, in my experience. Still not saying it is good or right. I worked a huge wrongful death fishing accident/murder case in AK. Unfortunately it still happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. Happens regularly. And continuing it keeps her right where she is and where she belongs. It appears that as soon as she gives birth the state will take the baby. Kansas is not a state that allows children to remain in jail withbmoms. I would expect that will be a time when paternity will be established.

I just went to the site and there’s a link for 4/16 right there on the top
http://www.dc18.org/courtscheduling/index.shtml
09c9033860f79f9de6b287da93294fb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

He has requested to be left out of this.

I don't blame him one bit. He has his boys to think of, and truly, I cannot imagine how frightening and upsetting this man has to be right now- the uncertainty, the worry and fear that she might get out of jail and what that means for him and the boys (more lawyers and court appearances to try to protect them from seeing her). He's probably sighed a few moments from relief that it wasn't one of his boys that went missing (I am sure he's just as upset as we are that Lucas is missing), and he's probably pretty angry, too, with the recent form of abuse against his own son while under her care for a visit back in Feb before Lucas disappeared.

No, I don't blame the man one bit for wanting to stay out of this fiasco, especially since Lucas hasn't been found yet.

Not to derail Lucas, but I worked this case.
http://people.com/crime/john-peel-interview-alaska-investor-fishing-boat-murders/

The wrangling and continuances and delays between prosecutors and defense went from ordinary to ridiculous. I cite it to show that nothing and everything can be significant or not. This was the mass murder of 8 people including two children and a pregnant mom. Hopefully we do not go here with Lucas.

Still not uncommon, in my experience. Still not saying it is good or right. I worked a huge wrongful death fishing accident/murder case in AK. Unfortunately it still happened.

I work for a law firm, too and was really hoping there wouldn’t be a continuance in this case. Sadly, we have to wait until May 14.

Does EG have the same judge each time they go to court?

Could EG’s lawyer want a continuance because he didn’t like the judge they would be going in front of?

The judge is the same and her attorney is a she.

I work for a law firm, too and was really hoping there wouldn’t be a continuance in this case. Sadly, we have to wait until May 14.

I so hear you. We see this, and what to be done?

:shame:
You literally made me lol! I thought there could be recreational use.
There can be recreational - the first time. After that it's too late :(

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

May 14th?? Ugh! Not that I want to see her get out, of course not. I was just hoping that she would be charged with something else tomorrow. That's probably not even how it works and I'm sure she can get charges put on her at any given time but still... it also would have been nice to hear that she got sentenced to a lengthy time.

May 14th?? Ugh! Not that I want to see her get out, of course not. I was just hoping that she would be charged with something else tomorrow. That's probably not even how it works and I'm sure she can get charges put on her at any given time but still... it also would have been nice to hear that she got sentenced to a lengthy time.

We're not there yet. But think of this. Every continuance is keeping her in jail without a trial. If I'm her defense lawyer (and I worked for defense lawyers) I'd get her out if I could, that's their job. So they're allowing continuances knowing it's keeping her *advertiser censored* in jail. Defense lawyers don't do that. If there's a way out, they push for no continuance and get through it. If they have a case, they push the trial forward, unless it's convoluted enough to delay. See case I cited above. They're allowing this to be delayed so they can gather evidence in her defense, imo.

Does EG her ave the same judge each time they go to court?

Usually it’s the same judge for each issue. The judge in the child in need of aid case will have another judge. In some states there are a number of “pool” judges who handle bail/bond issues. I think she’s had the same judge for charging and for the bond.

Continuances can be for anything. And are generally grant
ed unless it’s obvious a party is using it to stall moving forward. Obviously LE wants her in jail. It’s the safest place for her kids and probably the safest place for her. It’s my thought that if there’s any indication she can post bond, the DA WILL HAVE TO FILE THE MORE SERIOUS CHARGES. TS MY OPINION THEy are waiting as long as they can to have the very best evidence possible to prosecute her over LUCAS.

I can imagine what he had happen to him. It’s just sad she took every decent chance he had to experience what any 5 year old could accomplish. I would have hoped he would have, with speech therapy, learned to communicate better. Every hope, dream and chance he may have had was stolen from him a little at a time when he was abused.

If she is convicted she should spend her time looking at 4 walls with no hope for a very long time.

It’s inexcusable that after numerous reports of abuse, social workers failed him. LUCAS paid a heavy price for their poor judgement. He didn’t survive EG’ wrath. He paid for it with his life.
In my opinion.

WHERE ARE HER BLOOD RELATIVES IN ALL THIS? I have heard little to nothing from or about them.

Not to derail Lucas, but I worked this case. And
http://people.com/crime/john-peel-interview-alaska-investor-fishing-boat-murders/

The wrangling and continuances and delays between prosecutors and defense went from ordinary to ridiculous. I cite it to show that nothing and everything can be significant or not. This was the mass murder of 8 people including two children and a pregnant mom. Hopefully we do not go here with Lucas.

You and I might know each other. I worked for the Legislature during that trial. Scared the devil out of me. I was in line for coffee and the defendant and his attorney were directly behind me. I didn’t expect them and literally jumped when I turned to leave. Heritage Coffee just down the hill from the Baranof.

That was a horrible incident. We had just bought a commercial Cook Inlet boat and salmon drift permit when they found the boat burning. I can’t comprehend anyone killing that many people and walking away. Did you work for DA OR DEFENSE?

Usually it’s the same judge for each issue. The judge in the child in need of aid case will have another judge. In some states there are a number of “pool” judges who handle bail/bond issues. I think she’s had the same judge for charging and for the bond.

Continuances can be for anything. And are generally grant
ed unless it’s obvious a party is using it to stall moving forward. Obviously LE wants her in jail. It’s the safest place for her kids and probably the safest place for her. It’s my thought that if there’s any indication she can post bond, the DA WILL HAVE TO FILE THE MORE SERIOUS CHARGES. TS MY OPINION THEy are waiting as long as they can to have the very best evidence possible to prosecute her over LUCAS.

I can imagine what he had happen to him. It’s just sad she took every decent chance he had to experience what any 5 year old could accomplish. I would have hoped he would have, with speech therapy, learned to communicate better. Every hope, dream and chance he may have had was stolen from him a little at a time when he was abused.

If she is convicted she should spend her time looking at 4 walls with no hope for a very long time.

It’s inexcusable that after numerous reports of abuse, social workers failed him. LUCAS paid a heavy price for their poor judgement. He didn’t survive EG’ wrath. He paid for it with his life.
In my opinion.

WHERE ARE HER BLOOD RELATIVES IN ALL THIS? I have heard little to nothing from or about them.
I told someone early on that Lucas would qualify for speech programs offered by the county. My girlfriend works for one here called Early Intervention. It is free so I wonder why he doesn't seem to have been enrolled in one???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You and I might know each other. I worked for the Legislature during that trial. Scared the devil out of me. I was in line for coffee and the defendant and his attorney were directly behind me. I didn’t expect them and literally jumped when I turned to leave. Heritage Coffee just down the hill from the Baranof.

That was a horrible incident. We had just bought a commercial Cook Inlet boat and salmon drift permit when they found the boat burning. I can’t comprehend anyone killing that many people and walking away. Did you work for DA OR DEFENSE?

I worked for a consultant for the defense. It wasn't a good thing no matter how you looked at it. It's forever in my head, you know?

I told someone early on that Lucas would qualify for speech programs offered by the county. My girlfriend works for one here called Early Intervention. It is free so I wonder why he doesn't seem to have been enrolled in one???

Free services are offered until they enter school at age 3. At that point some services are provided at school. Services beyond that are contracted through Medicaid or private pay, and the waiting list is insanely long. My son is completely nonverbal, and I’ve been through it (point of reference)

I agree; the document stated Glass' ex told a police detective that she was diagnosed with BPD but it's not clear if Glass self-reported it as opposed to having a diagnosis from a medical professional and whether or not she even has been prescribd medication for it.

We all have seen a number of cases here where someone claims to have a disorder only to find out they were never diagnosed by a doctor. And that includes physical disorders, not just mental. I'd like to see some proof before I believe Glass has BPD - I'm not saying she doesn't but without further documentation right now I'm not convinced she does. MOO.
The bi-polar diagnosis is over used IMO.
Misbehave and be diagnosed.
Its a bunch of bull.

Free services are offered until they enter school at age 3. At that point some services are provided at school. Services beyond that are contracted through Medicaid or private pay, and the waiting list is insanely long. My son is completely nonverbal, and I’ve been through it (point of reference)

I think Lucas would be considered disabled and eligible for benefits of some kind. I never really thought about that before. Does anyone know if they received any benefits for Lucas?

I think Lucas would be considered disabled and eligible for benefits of some kind. I never really thought about that before. Does anyone know if they received any benefits for Lucas?

He has a speech impediment and dental issues. Those qualify a child as disabled?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Drug runs were more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members