Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. And I'm sorry to all who a just fed up with me comparing Lucas' case to Caylee's case all of the time but the parallels are too much that I can't help it. There is a little boy missing here, presumed deceased, but there is also a bunch of other kids whose, imo, futures depend on the conviction of this one woman.
Please Ana, no apologies are needed. I totally agree with you. Little Caylee's case was such a strong national media event. No doubt Emily is aware of the case and is playing the Casey strategy. You know EG is on that phone as much as she can. Corrections is monitoring every one of those conversations. I worked at DOC Internal Affairs for two years. There's a designated locked office with a mega shredder, multiple headphones, recording devices and several employees. They do have a system of random recordings but also have orders to listen to specific inmate conversations. This will all come out at some point, just like it did with Casey. I can't hear enough of Caylee's name. I love that little girl.

I think Lucas and his little sister were living in a violent household with two abusive parents. Neither should be allowed custody of any children going forward. jmo

Please Ana, no apologies are needed. I totally agree with you. Little Caylee's case was such a strong national media event. No doubt Emily is aware of the case and is playing the Casey strategy. You know EG is on that phone as much as she can. Corrections is monitoring every one of those conversations. I worked at DOC Internal Affairs for two years. There's a designated locked office with a mega shredder, multiple headphones, recording devices and several employees. They do have a system of random recordings but also have orders to listen to specific inmate conversations. This will all come out at some point, just like it did with Casey. I can't hear enough of Caylee's name. I love that little girl.

Thank you, ima.grandma.

I'm hopeful that this will not go the same way that Caylee's case. Already we are seeing differences. Even if it is just in the amount of information being released to us. I know it is frustrating, but far too much information came out far to early in Caylee's case and it was tarnished from the get go.

Is Lucas' case getting the attention Caylee's did? (I was in Orlando at the time Caylee's case just about broke so my view on attention levels are skewed somewhat because, of course, every second conversation was about Caylee at that time in Orlando).

I wonder if there can be reporters at the CINC chambers this morning. Anyone know?

She told JH she was going to smoke via FB messenger, in text form. LE obtained the info legally from her phone. So it’s not a “confession”, it’s simply evidence obtained during the investigation.

They have a statement from the landlord that he saw Lucas in the home during the time Emily is known to be at or near Olive Garden, based on her phone pings. Again, evidence.

Most likely there’s surveillance video of Emily and the baby with no Lucas at OG, which is more evidence.

As far as I can tell the only thing that could be considered “confession” is the info saying she left Lucas at home because he was asleep and hadn’t been feeling well, but all that is is justification for all the actual indisputable evidence against her, so there’s actually nothing to throw out.

Thank you for posting what I've been thinking and was about to post. I was wondering if I had missed something and she had actually made a confession. I don't consider this a confession either. She was just "found out" during the investigation. Just like you posted.

Im just so thankful there are such caring people here to share our concerns about Lucas. Everyone here is wonderful. Thank you to all for being so caring.

Lets hope today is the day Lucas is found.

Thank you for posting what I've been thinking and was about to post. I was wondering if I had missed something and she had actually made a confession. I don't consider this a confession either. She was just "found out" during the investigation. Just like you posted.
I would expect the confession is that she confirmed what she wrote did occur. Her message to JH said she was going to smoke and then go to OG. However, she could have said she didn't end up smoking, just went right to OG, which could then lead LE to finding proof she drove under the influence. But she admitted that she did do what she told JH she was intending to do.

Just thinking out loud...

The CINC case, this is the state showing they are not fit to parent ? Is that right. Do they then try to show they are ? Or is it more a case of the state will list what has to occur for them to be reunited. I am wondering if EG and JH will appear as a couple showing a united front or if JH will be trying to show he is fit as solo parent regardless of what’s going on ?
Or have I got this all mixed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great question......asking if they will show as a united front. I kind of don't think so as JH has taken down all pics of EG on his FB. I would think the judge might look down on JH if he stood united with EG under the current circumstances. But hey! JH is saying he doesn't think EG hurt Lucas plus she's his witness as to whether or not he hurt her boys so who knows?

The purpose of a CINC case is when a family is being investigated by CPS. If there is grounds for supervision (whether that is with the child in the home or outside of it) a “safety plan” is written where the reasons for the involvement are outlined, the issues that need to be addressed, the steps in order for those things to be fixed and then any orders from the court are listed as well. Sometimes a specific time frame is given but that’s not always the case. The juvenile judge overseeing the case will then hold several hearings in order to get updates from the case managers, hear from the GAL and CASA if there is one, talk to the parents and hear reports from teachers, doctors, therapists, foster family if there is one, etc.

As far as Jonathan supporting Emily, that can be a problem for him if he wants any chance of parenting his children. He isn’t demonstrating that he can keep them safe because he left Lucas in Emily’s care even tho there were reports of potential abuse going on. Most parents would do anything to keep their children out of foster care, tho I will say we have amazing foster families here in Wichita, there just isn’t enough of them. It’s interesting to me that M** isn’t in a family placement by now, that either tells me there isn’t anyone willing or suitable to take her in and Jonathan certainly doesn’t seem to be jumping thru hoops to get her back. The longer she’s in foster care, the harder it can be to bring her back into the family home, which in this case is a good thing.

I wonder if there can be reporters at the CINC chambers this morning. Anyone know?

No, CINC are not open to the public. Even other families with cases being heard are not allowed to sit in the court room.

Settings tab at top right and then --edit signature

I see Margarita answered too. :)

(O/T, since we are waiting for the Mods, and discussing forum technicalities, version variations, glitches, etc, check this out, our help is needed beta testing new WS software:

Attention: We Need Beta Testers ASAP
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?372276-Attention-We-Need-Beta-Testers-ASAP

*this post is not to detract from Lucas, but rather to help facilitate the forum's overall improvement so we can report on glitches, etc, such as the ones discussed above.

Anyone got anymore ideas on what we can do next? To find Lucas? I'm frustrated but also useless :(

What time is hearing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

...so she goes to OG for dinner, during this time Lucas is seen for the last time by LL.
She comes home and maybe freaks out.
If she had help after the fact she must have called someone she trusts. LE has got her phone. Then they must know and maybe are just still gathering evidence?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

...so she goes to OG for dinner, during this time Lucas is seen for the last time by LL.
She comes home and maybe freaks out.
If she had help after the fact she must have called someone she trusts. LE has got her phone. Then they must know and maybe are just still gathering evidence?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Or, she calls someone that is not particularly "close" (as in family member, best friend etc), someone less traceable. Someone who will do something for nothing (or drugs).

She told JH she was going to smoke via FB messenger, in text form. LE obtained the info legally from her phone. So it’s not a “confession”, it’s simply evidence obtained during the investigation.

They have a statement from the landlord that he saw Lucas in the home during the time Emily is known to be at or near Olive Garden, based on her phone pings. Again, evidence.

Most likely there’s surveillance video of Emily and the baby with no Lucas at OG, which is more evidence.

As far as I can tell the only thing that could be considered “confession” is the info saying she left Lucas at home because he was asleep and hadn’t been feeling well, but all that is is justification for all the actual indisputable evidence against her, so there’s actually nothing to throw out.

So why attempt to throw out a confession that falls in line with the evidence obtained (Lucas was not with her at OG)? Aside from the "best defense" strategy of trying to eliminate all evidence possible, does this action support the possibility that EG is hedging on the reason why he wasn't with her? I keep thinking of her effort to pin JO having Lucas on VD -- if Lucas wasn't home alone, where does EG say he was? How will they try to discredit the LL's observation of Lucas at the home on the 16th if she goes that route?

My guess is that if anyone else is arrested that might have something to do with Lucas, LE will put the pressure on that person SO HARD that he or she will be balling and singing like a canaaaary before it's all over with. The threat of a possible accessory charge, etc and going to jail might make someone spill the beans. And soon, moo.

Eta: and if they can't charge accessory, a plea deal could be quite handy, even if the charges don't relate to Lucas (for example, we will not charge you with forgery, or identity theft or whatever if you tell us what we want to know).

And IF accessory is a possibility, "well, we won't charge you with accessory after the fact, etc (for example) IF you tell us...."

*stopping myself there til the Mods arrive.

*one will have to ask himself or herself, is this person worth doing to jail for?

So why attempt to throw out a confession that falls in line with the evidence obtained (Lucas was not with her at OG)? Aside from the "best defense" strategy of trying to eliminate all evidence possible, does this action support the possibility that EG is hedging on the reason why he wasn't with her? I keep thinking of her effort to pin JO having Lucas on VD -- if Lucas wasn't home alone, where does EG say he was? How will they try to discredit the LL's observation of Lucas at the home on the 16th if she goes that route?

I don’t think she actually *is* trying to get anything thrown out. Someone speculated that maybe she would try that and I was pointing out there’s not really anything to throw out because even if the judge says ok, we won’t use anything Emily said in interviews, there’s still evidence.

We really don't know what all Emily may have told LE that we haven't heard. Maybe some wording she used in a "confession" could or has been misconstrued in her opinion and she would like to have it thrown out so she can "retell" it. Didn't Casey get charged with lying to police?

Ahem ... a whack of posts had to be removed this morning.

Sleuthing family is not allowed (unless of course they are an officially named POI or suspect in Lucas' case). If a person is simply referenced/named in MSM, you may discuss what they have said or what is said about them in MSM, but do not sleuth them and post about it here.

If the individual is not sleuthable under Websleuths rules, their arrest report is OT. Even IF the person was sleuthable, an arrest report must be linked to a a verifiable official source (MSM or LE). A screenshot from a random blog is not an official source.

If there are questions about moderation, The Rules, or technical board issues, please Alert mods and wait for an answer rather than derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee