Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this tactic with the hearing a regular thing that occurs or left field ? Should we worry ?
Is this the main/ normal option when trying to get things omitted from court if so I’m not worried as I would see this as a normal process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming a certain man knows all of this information now, and yet, he chooses to believe in her innocence?

Honest to God, with this case, I feel like I am reading something that belongs in Bizzaro World.

IMO he probably knew about the sister situation just didn't think it was a big deal because it was a family squabble type thing. They both have anger issues, so outburst and violence was just away of life. JMO

Exactly. If abuse isn't an issue for him, why would any of this be.

I’d like to say that I am in no way defending JH or anything......I have my own very personal opinion on him that I’m withholding until after we find Lucas......

One thing to consider is it’s very easy for us to see this as black and white but for Jonathan, Emily is the very person he knows to have last seen Lucas. Maintaining any connection to her for now could just be because he wants to know where his son is. As long as Emily thinks he’s in her corner, he has something to bargain with. Once that’s gone, so could be any chance of him getting the truth from Emily. Sometime’s the devil that you know feels so much safer than the devil you don’t. JH knows EG better than anyone, maybe he’s taking a calculated risk by “standing” beside her now because he knows there really is no justice to be had until Lucas is found. Once that happens, then it’s game over for me......that’s the JH I will feel safer to form an opinion about.

I can vividly remember an interview where a person was being asked about something horrible, after every answer this person would smile. While it would appear that this response was highly inappropriate or suggested something negative towards the interviewee, it was not what it seems. It was actually an automatic, uncontrollable response to the person’s feelings of anxiety, fear, nervousness, uneasiness and just an overall feeling uncomfortable about the situation in general. I’ve seen way too many parents sobbing over their “missing” kids, using the socially acceptable words, showing all the right emotions and making all the appropriate choices, only to have been lying the whole time.

ESO another great post it was too good to just thank x

My concern would be that if the confession and the text messages/online messenger dialog is ruled inadmissible then EG is effectively guilty of taking her 1-year old to OG for dinner.

Surely that would mean that EG would walk without trial?

My concern would be that if the confession and the text messages/online messenger dialog is ruled inadmissible then EG is effectively guilty of taking her 1-year old to OG for dinner.

I am worried like this too. But trying to think positive on the phone pings and LL being a strong witness.

And.... (hopefully) all the evidence LE has and is waiting to pounce with

EG now has a Jackson-Denno hearing scheduled for May 11, 2018.

Here’s a summary about the type of hearing:

https://definitions.uslegal.com/j/jackson-denno-hearing/
353ba98353b4802718662802330bb35a.jpg

Does this mean she confessed to hurting Lucas?

I am worried like this too. But trying to think positive on the phone pings and LL being a strong witness.

Oh crap that's a good point. I didn't think about it being possible that this confession could have to do with the messages on FB and all.

I think you might be referring to media articles that were written a little unclearly, saying that the dogs hadn't found Lucas and Lucas hadn't been found either inside the house or outside the house. That made people think that the dogs hadn't found a scent of Lucas ever having been in the house. But I think what was meant was that neither the dogs sniffing outside, nor the human LE searchers searching inside the house and garden had actually found *Lucas* (not referring to his scent or DNA but the actual Lucas).

I believe they take something that smells of the missing person and present it to the dog at the nearest place where the person was last sighted, and if that was inside a house they present it to the dog on the doorstep outside the door that was reportedly left open, for example. I don't think they try and trace the person's movements within the house with a sniffer dog. A cadaver dog would be used inside if there's suspicion that a person may not have left the house alive, but LE have never clarified, to my knowledge, whether cadaver dogs were taken into the house.

awesome analysis

ITS A GREAT FEELING TO HAVE THE PRIVILEGE of being part of a site that is so intelligent and explores different perspectives.

Recently I’ve been reading other sites that are filled with snarky snippy gossip. It’s unflattering and honestly it doesn’t take much intelligence to criticize people involved.

Ive been pretty impressed with the attitude, intelligence and inquisitive material if each of you.

Thanks for allowing me to be a be a part of it.

Does this mean she confessed to hurting Lucas?

it appears she said something at some point that her attorney wants tossed.

It apoears it could involve;

the time prior to Miranda,

the statement she made about pot use then driving to OG;

anything she may may have said to a fellow inmate,

anything she may may have said on the jail phone

anything she may have said to medical personnel at the jail.

Her entire explanation about going going to sleep and finding LUCAS missing after she woke up.

������

Im not questioning anyone’s statement, I understand some of the witnesses have a lot of integrity, but as before I question human error. Has anyone else had the thought that LUCAS MAY HAVE BEEN MISSING or even hours longer than what we think from the timeline? Is it remotely possible that the witnesses saw another child and thought it was Lucas. Witnesses have the best intent but are human. Please don’t suspend me, as long as it is taking to find him just keeps me thinking she had much more time to hide him with or without help. EG isnt smart enough to OUTWIT LE.

Im trying to make sense of how it’s been so difficult to locate LUCAS. Someone help me with it .

Sinething just isn’t adding up and I find it troubling.

The way I see it, this charge relates to EG and MH. And the charge is that EG smoked marijuana while she had sole care of MH, and then drove MH to OG.

The LL and phone pings don't show neglect of MH, all they show is that EG wasn't at home, and EG was in the vicinity of OG.

I hope I'm wrong, because I find it odd that the hearing is about a confession rather than an attempt to not allow evidence (the phone messages with JH).

What would defense gain by throwing out a confession but retaining the evidence of the messages on the phone? Then, I guess, it would come down to EG admitting intent to smoke dope but no proof that she actually did smoke the bowls before going out with MH. For instance, let's say I message someone that I'll just have a cup of coffee and then I'll head out to meet them. There's video evidence that I met the friend...but my typed intent doesn't prove that I did in fact make and drink a cup of coffee before I went out.

So throw out confession+messages and I don't think there's a charge to answer = trial canceled

Throw out the confession but leave the messages and what does a jury do if the prosecution can only offer evidence of intent but not evidence of following through? High risk that the jury won't convict and EG walks right after the trial ends....unless the DA puts some charges out for leaving Lucas home alone in order to keep EG in jail.

Even if convicted, EG might get out on time already spent in jail. So if the judge won't admit the confession it might be best to save the money of the trial and either let EG walk out or bring some charges that relate to Lucas.

But firstly the judge has to decide the admissibility of the confession.

The information obtained may be deemed inadmissible, only if a judge believes she gave “the information “ without Miranda rights or due to coercion by LE. EX: “If you do not give us your phone, you will not see your boys again” just as an example. JMO

VIs, are you able to confirm if EG has a smart phone? I'm assuming she does (wouldnt be surprised if she has a burner phone along with that but not my phone right now). if her confession is only about OG/smoking pot w the kids and is possibly going to be thrown out bc the phone aka "info" was obtained incorrectly/illegally, does this apply only to the evidence on her phone related to OG/smoking pot w the kids or does it apply to the entire phone?

a smart phone is a computer, especially for EGs age. i have my cloud sync my comptuer for literally everything - if i take a photo on my computer, it automatically downloads on my phone and vice versa. if there is google history on her phone of how to dispose of a body, other incriminating photos, messages/phone calls to someone else (even deleted ones that LE recovers) would the entire phone, aka all of this get thrown out as evidence?

i agree it seems like shes grasping at straws/the judge would first actually have to even rule this in her favor but in theory, is it a possibility?

VIs, are you able to confirm if EG has a smart phone? I'm assuming she does (wouldnt be surprised if she has a burner phone along with that but not my phone right now). if her confession is only about OG/smoking pot w the kids and is possibly going to be thrown out bc the phone aka "info" was obtained incorrectly/illegally, does this apply only to the evidence on her phone related to OG/smoking pot w the kids or does it apply to the entire phone?

a smart phone is a computer, especially for EGs age. i have my cloud sync my comptuer for literally everything - if i take a photo on my computer, it automatically downloads on my phone and vice versa. if there is google history on her phone of how to dispose of a body, other incriminating photos, messages/phone calls to someone else (even deleted ones that LE recovers) would the entire phone, aka all of this get thrown out as evidence?

i agree it seems like shes grasping at straws/the judge would first actually have to even rule this in her favor but in theory, is it a possibility?

The thing is, if you give LE permission to search, anything they find is admissible. It doesn’t have to be related to what they were initially looking for. Like, they ask to search your car for example because they think there might be drugs because the K9 alerted or you’re driving erratically or for some reason they have probable cause. But instead they find illegal weapons. That doesn’t invalidate the search. You gave permission to search so no warrant was needed.
And the hearing regards confessions so my guess is she said something when confronted with the phone that her lawyer now wants stricken.

i haven’t read the Kansas Rules of Court. But I’m going to guess that if anything fails to put EG in jail long term, the DA has another charge in his pocket.

...“Even if convicted, EG might get out on time already spent in jail. So if the judge won't admit the confession it might be best to save the money of the trial and either let EG walk out or bring some charges that relate to Lucas.”

Let’s say your theories hold true, and whether guilty or not she’s released.

Putting aside the fact that she’s a monster, what benefit is it to keep her in jail? Personally I see it advantageous to her, because she seems like a narcissistic manipulator and will run her mouth with conflicting facts to family & friends.

How long do you think it will take for charges to be brought in regards to Lucas? Do we know that charges will come?

Isn't EG scheduled to appear in court today? I was thinking an earlier scheduled appearance was re-scheduled to April 26.

The thing is, if you give LE permission to search, anything they find is admissible. It doesn’t have to be related to what they were initially looking for. Like, they ask to search your car for example because they think there might be drugs because the K9 alerted or you’re driving erratically or for some reason they have probable cause. But instead they find illegal weapons. That doesn’t invalidate the search. You gave permission to search so no warrant was needed.
And the hearing regards confessions so my guess is she said something when confronted with the phone that her lawyer now wants stricken.

i believe what a few posts were speculating was the possibility EG was coerced into giving LE her phone - aka not really giving permission - and therefore her confession would be coerced too.

im definitely not criticizing LE and ik our VEs have said they are on top of things. this could totally not be the case or totally a stretch by her lawyer but i was wondering if in theory that would be a possibility.

It was a rental, of course there's going to be other folks DNA in the house. Probably quite a few, especially since they had just moved in.

I think what someone was referring to- there was a news article in the very beginning stating that Lucas' DNA was not found in the house. Many of us saw this and discussed here and elsewhere. That's why it puzzled many folks, and it caused many of us, myself included, to believe that he had disappeared before Friday night or Saturday morning. It's still causing a lot of folks to think that the landlord had the wrong day, even though both you and FindLucasAllen have confirmed this several times. To my knowledge, there was never a correction by LE or that news site about the lack of Lucas' DNA in the house. I hope this clears up where some of these posts are coming from.
What I was remembering was in reference to a post made here by myself, where I speculated that an unknown person may have been in the home with EG after OG. Someone responded to my post saying no DNA was found in the house other than the 4 family members. Like you, I was skeptical due to it being a rental (and the visit from her older boys).

Of course, there's always a chance that my brain is playing tricks on me!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members