DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woody Plants
GPNC
http://gpnc.org/woody-plants/

*more lists at website (birds, etc)

"At the far end of the Koch Habitat Hall, visitors can enter theBob Gress Wildlife Observatorywhich looks out onto the wetlands of*Chisholm Creek Park.* The area immediately outside the windows is landscaped with a recirculating stream, bird feeders and plants attractive to butterflies and birds"

http://gpnc.org/the-koch-habitat-hall/

NEWS ALERT.... i just FEEL in my GUT... this baby is alive..... someone is keeping him SAFE.... i just PRAY i'm right.... PRAY PEOPLE PRAY
I hope So! My gut said family or friend took him into safety!
But the parks and the fishing thing...
[emoji21]
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All this helpful stats & info margarita is posting and yet still, all I've got is pine needles and a leaf. :laughing:

I think we can maybe remove anything playground/child activity related. No fun/extracurricular activities to be had on THIS trip to the park.

"Now it's one of northeast Wichita's largest parks, with nearly 126 acres and some unique features."

City renames park after Glen Dey
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article1061050.html

"It is designed for enjoyment and education about the heritage of the area. There are native grasses and other plants as well as two football fields, a basketball court and a new playground on the park's east side.

There is also a mural made up of 2,000 glass tiles attached to a curvy, 85-foot-wide concrete wall that includes a feather, arrowhead, turtle, leaf, buffalo, sunflowers and a rainbow. Elementary school children helped a local artist with the design."

Snip

"The park is bordered by Chisholm Creek on the north, 27th Street on the south and Hillside on the east.

A winding paved road connects the two sides of the park. A bike path that connects the park with the Boys & Girls Club and the Canal Route at McAdams Park is almost complete.

A vast area of the park still needs more developing, Burton and Roseboro said.

Hopes are that some of the land will be used for a meadow made up of native grasses and wildflowers."

OK so what "native grasses" and "wildflowers"....I wonder which might not be prevalent residentially, etc....it's Winter now....

Eta:

Dr. Glen Dey Park
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Glen-Dey-Park-Wichita-Ks/468365366603604

All this helpful stats & info margarita is posting and yet still, all I've got is pine needles and a leaf. :laughing:

I think we can maybe remove anything playground/child activity related. No fun/extracurricular activities to be had on THIS trip to the park.

Well, we could still be looking at some kind of turf material, sand, gravel...who knows...

Which makes me wonder....maybe she had taken the kids to these parks before, hence perhaps some material, unconnected to Lucas' disappearance was maybe found as a result of this (if this even has to do with physical material, not pings, tip, etc....all very speculative and brainstorming here since we have nothing else)

I have lived here my entire life and you are going to know a heck of a lot more than me!

(Yes but I'd never heard of fake sushi before! Gummy bears in Rice Krispy treats? Where did you have those again? Chisolm Lake?

Love the groups; social media unleashed... some great ideas, and some crazies- yet 99% of who is posting care about Lucas. No such thing as bad press they say. I've seen missing people get 0 attention. As some get annoyed when posting about things said a few back, I'll stay current. I think pings are definitely in play- and lack of pings as well. Not too hard to remove a battery. Common knowledge with millennials, and anyone who has watched a cop show or two. Mark Klaas comes to mind- as a polar opposite to what we're seeing now. The Smart family as well. Choosing a partner over your child goes against nature- and certainly nuture

There doesn't have to be anything unique to any park that they found on shoes or whatever. They were led to their search by a tip from the tip line. I quoted and linked in a previous post earlier this evening.

A thought, in addition to possible pings, tip, surveillance and a forensic (botanic, etc) link which could have led them to the park, maybe when interviewed she mentioned taking the kids to the park at some time in the past? So they're checking it out as part of her awareness space and mentioned places...but then why would she mention it if....

Also, 12 miles, though seems far out...I think about when I look at a map in these types of situations for the first time, I always look at the parks, etc nearby...they pretty much usually pop out...maybe it's just that. Plus distance...being not too far...Who knows. IMO this would be a reasonable distance and location (s) to check, based on other cases.

Sigh.

"Park" reminds me of Relisha Rudd.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/S+G...7845415ef56!2m2!1d-97.226665!2d37.6681023!3e0 There is also alot of small ponds/water areas along this road which is only about 2 miles from the previous address and current park they are searching at. Even more if you go further to the right on the map. I feel LE is really getting closer to finding Lucas though. They are searching closer to the previous address for a reason. IMO. Also, I did briefly think about him being much farther away too. Still pondering that really.

:bump:

We can't answer these questions yet here, Marg. Have patience ;)

:pullhair:

He has a pair of bright green shoes that he looooves. Every time I see him he shows me his new green shoes.

My daughter with Down syndrome is the same way. Gets so excited about a new pair of shoes or a jacket and shows it off to everyone she sees. What a sweet little guy. :loveyou:

You would care if LE warned you beforehand that revealing your identity would open you up to crazies of all sorts, people rummaging in your trash looking for "evidence", people tracking down your social media to leave nasty comments and worst of all "psychics" who for the low, low price of $1000.00 will tell you some random, unverifiable "vision" they had of your child.

IMO, the parents don't need to reveal themselves to get the word out. Showing their faces on TV pleading for the return of Lucas will not get them anymore exposure then what they've already gotten. I think they are playing it smart and not only protecting themselves but also protecting the other children in the picture. Let's not forget, there is still a 9 yo, a 7 yo and a 1 yo they have to worry about.

There are actually (at least) 6 kids including Lucas between the 3 parental figures. There is an awful lot of other children to consider and think about (3 of whom are old enough to know what's going on.)

I think I'd still be out there giving statements because I've learned what people want to know. I've learned how best to put the focus on the child instead of the parents. However, my other children would cause me to pause. I probably wouldn't do it if I hadn't followed so many cases, I wouldn't realize the importance of it.

However, I would be saying identifying things like "he loves anything with wheels" or "when he smiles he has a dimple on one cheek" or "he can raise one eyebrow at a time" or "he says nun instead of run, he loves to run". I'd be showing a billion pictures and I would show videos as well, so people could see how he walked.

I would answer all the questions that we always want to ask parents. I would be an open book, just find my baby.

I would probably become suspect number one because I would offer too much information. :thinking:

Mom has started receiving death threats as well as other awful messages from people on Facebook, unfortunately.

People suck. I'm sorry.

I thought it seemed very telling, but since no one else mentioned it being odd (that I can recall) until you just now, I thought perhaps it wasn't as weird as I originally thought due to my having less experience than a lot of posters here regarding missing cases.

How often do the parents of live-ins or step-parents make statements instead of the live-ins or step-parents themselves? Any seasoned members here have some insight to that?

I can't think of another case this happened in. Maybe someone else can come up with one? I can think of several where long time step parents accompanied the parent. I'm not remembering any where step grandparents made statements.

I would like to know more this:

"Davidson says Lucas' family is cooperating in the investigation, He says it is "premature" to go into details of the investigation beyond information about Lucas and did not discuss the nature of past contacts the Wichita Police Department has had with the boy's family."

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...search-for-missing-Wichita-boy-474598043.html

I'm guessing there is nothing major, like felonies. Probably your typical things we see in these cases. (Thinking Mariah, Haileigh etc)

Someone isn't paying child support, someone isn't releasing/returning a kid, couple got in a fight, disturbing the peace, public intoxication, paraphernalia, DUI,
disorderly conduct, someone got wasted and belligerent.

Those types of "minor" things. I will be surprised if there is any major stuff in their closets, but anything is possible.

No but someone else could have put him in there. I hate to type that but they normally send divers in or drain the ponds so why aren't they?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've seen it mentioned that the ponds are not really deep enough to require divers.
Another thought might be that evidence is a bit better preserved in the cold water?
They may want to clear land areas first and if they find nothing come back to the water.
Or maybe they ARE searching the ponds and we just aren't hearing/seeing it?

If they suspect a woman, then that would be a logical place to look.
It has occurred to me that someone especially evil might put him in water knowing he's terrified of it.
However, if it was meant to look like an accident, that wouldn't be a smart thing to do.

And then there's the multiple park searches. I can understand a tip coming in about a specific park, but a tip about a park in general where they don't feel the need to look into the water in the areas as well? I can't imagine what type of tip that would be.

In Mariah's case we theorized that someone overheard them mention putting her under a bridge. They seemed to be searching under bridges. They did find her under one.

Perhaps somebody overheard someone saying something about Lucas being in a park and it being an accident?
If that is the case water wouldn't be an accident since he wouldn't go near it.

Or someone may have driven around a lot trying to decide what to do... all the parks may have been stops along the way with cell pings so they are just clearing them all. (Like Kyrons case.)

Or maybe she once told a friend if she ever needed to hide a body she'd put it in a park?
Who knows, it could be anything!

I’m going back to finding dirt under someone’s nails. Possibly someone who later used gardening as an excuse?

MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is also possible but I don't know that they've taken the interrogation that far. I know they were questioned for several hours. However we don't even know if they were polygraphed, much less any samples taken.

I would LIKE to believe hands would have been thoroughly washed. It's flu season and there's a baby in the house. Probably asking too much if a person just hid evidence of a crime though.

That's true. But I don't really see people carrying a body across Woodlawn. If they killed him and wanted to bury him somewhere just driving out to the middle of the country and burying him would be the much safer play than doing it at the Nature Center.

That's what we said over and over and over again in Blaze's case.
No way would he hide the body in that park.
Only an idiot would hide the body in that park.
He told the cops they were at that park, he wouldn't hide the body there.

Just beyond that park there is perfectly good wilderness to hide a body.
The dogs didn't pick up a scent so Blaze can't be hidden at the park.
Yet.... they found his body in a shallow grave, at the park.
Law enforcement AND the dogs simply missed him for a week.
People are stupid, anything is possible.

(Adding Harrison Park to my list of "Flora and Fauna" research)

Eta: or not:

Harrison park is directly across the street from their last address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only have one landfill, Brooks Landfill. There is also a transfer station I found and I am linking both below. As far as trash service, our main trash service is Waste Connections (linking too) but there are a several smaller outfits.

http://www.wichita.gov/PWU/Pages/Brooks.aspx
http://www.wichitawastedisposal.com/
http://www.wasteconnectionswichita.com/about/service-area-schedules

Thanks, Pink for the response.

It can still be something relevant to only those parks such as sand, duck ponds, baby swings etc. Maybe she told a neighbor or clerk or friend that she took the kids to the park to feed the ducks or the baby was outgrowing the baby swing, they built a sandcastle, anything. It doesn't mean those aren't still viable thoughts

Hate to say this but does Casey Anthony ring a bell here? Certainly they've checked ALL cars. And w/ cadaver dogs? I mean, I'd have Dad's car checked too.

Also, I know at some landfill sights they have a "spotter" who watches the trash coming out of the trucks, specifically for dead bodies. Jack Wheeler was found that way. (May he rest in peace) It was in Newark, Delaware. (No not NJ).

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

(O/T, ugh, just had a horrible flashback of the little boy who ended up being found in a neighbor'a car trunk, iirc, went in there to play or hide and got trapped...I've forgotten the poor little boy's name...was a few years ago...)

Yikes, never heard of a "spotter"...

What scares me the most is women seem to do a better job hiding and staying quiet when they are the bad guy.

I remember an ooooooold post by oceanblueeyes, iirc, about how mom's will often wrap the child in a blanket...

Can we take cases where females were involved in a similar case and list the disposal sites for reference? I'd like to ake a look at their patterns (if any), distances, methods, etc. Tia for your input.

Eta (I thought I read recently that they use land more commonly as opposed to water? Maybe I imagined that....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina