Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back here after taking a self time out. Praying that by the time I got to the end, he would be found. But, no such luck.

FindLucasAllen, I saw your post and everyone's wonderful comments to you. Take them in, they are all true. Do what you think is best. Honestly? I think you are the best Verified Insider I've come across, you are doing an awesome service to little Lucas.

It's my birthday tomorrow (Wednesday), I just want Lucas to be found safe & well as my birthday wish.

Watching the news this morning, I am happy to see Lucas is featured at the beginning and it looks like they are going to feature him again toward the end.

It looks like the weather is going to be bad for a few hours. Right now, southwest of us there is thunder ice which means ice is going to fall fast. (I may fall with it...I told Mr. Pink about the thunder ic and he started singing "Thunder feel the thunder, lightening and the thunder." Ugh. He is too happy in the morning.Seriously, he has only been awake a few minutes.)

I’ve been thinking about Lucas and some of the other children I’ve followed and I need to say something to get it off my chest. It’s related but maybe not directly related....DCFS needs an overhaul. Some of these stories I follow there have been calls put into DCFS. Sherin Mathews and Mariah are ones that come to mind. And nothing is done. I don’t know what the resolution is, as I am not involved in DCFS to know the ins and outs. But it’s so sad to me that people are making pleas for these children and nothing is being done to help or protect them. Then we all have to meet on these boards because that child becomes missing or something horrific has happened to them. I know the system gets abused by petty people with personal vandettas, but something really needs to change.

I’ve been thinking about Lucas and some of the other children I’ve followed and I need to say something to get it off my chest. It’s related but maybe not directly related....DCFS needs an overhaul. Some of these stories I follow there have been calls put into DCFS. Sherin Mathews and Mariah are ones that come to mind. And nothing is done. I don’t know what the resolution is, as I am not involved in DCFS to know the ins and outs. But it’s so sad to me that people are making pleas for these children and nothing is being done to help or protect them. Then we all have to meet on these boards because that child becomes missing or something horrific has happened to them. I know the system gets abused by petty people with personal vandettas, but something really needs to change.

I am with u onlyjamie.....every time I follow one of these heartbreaking cases I swear it will be the last. But then, sadly, there is always another missing child case that I find myself sucked into and I pray & pray along with all my fellow Websleuthers for a good outcome. It’s so devastating to read about all these innocent little ones who have been abused and basically ignored by DCFS/CPS. It hurts my heart to know that abuse is taking place right now as I type this and I can’t do anything to stop or prevent it.

Agreed. I have mentioned this before somewhere along the way but we (our family) lost a baby after she was killed by her mother (we were dad's side). And we called, and called and called to CPS. Nothing was done. Oh they said they would look into it. They didn't. Our calls about our worries to her and her siblings safety were ignored and then that was it. Who is to blame on all of this? Her mother of course, but CPS too. They left us powerless :( It was all over the news media, reporters everywhere, court appearances, everything. But who wanted to listen before her life was over? No one it seems.

Sorry. Taking a time out. I'll be back :(

Just to clarify....I’m not saying the bruises were caused by anyone else. There is no way for us to know for certain. Growing up in a house full of brothers I’ve seen plenty of bruises.

I would say yes. Look at other areas of his skin that have similar hues & shadowing. Looks like pixelation/poor image quality to me (probably small cell phone pic cropped in)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I’m sorry if this has already been said (I haven’t read the whole thread yet,): Even before I noticed the bruise, I thought it looked like his left eye looked a little swollen; it seems to me the crease on his eye lid doesn’t go all the way to the left. It’s especially noticeable when compared to his right eye, IMO.

Whether I’m just imagining this or not, I do believe Lucas was being subjected to abuse, one way or another. I’m just heartbroken for this handsome kid. With his darker skin and hair, he so reminds me of my own son at his age.

ETA: When I saw the picture of Lucas wearing a hat (where he looks especially thin, IMO), my first thought was perhaps someone made him wear it to conceal a particularly bad bruise :(. MOO

Agreed. I have mentioned this before somewhere along the way but we (our family) lost a baby after she was killed by her mother (we were dad's side). And we called, and called and called to CPS. Nothing was done. Oh they said they would look into it. They didn't. Our calls about our worries to her and her siblings safety were ignored and then that was it. Who is to blame on all of this? Her mother of course, but CPS too. They left us powerless :( It was all over the news media, reporters everywhere, court appearances, everything. But who wanted to listen before her life was over? No one it seems.

Oh my gosh. That is so terrible. I’m so sorry. The system fails. I understand that both COS and custody courts are overloaded, and it sucks. But they really need to do better for these children.

I am new to WebSleuths. I've been lurking for awhile. This little boy has my heart absolutely shattered into pieces. I'm a mother of 4 boys myself, my youngest will turn 5 in May, and I can't BEGIN to imagine if something like this were to happen to him. I am trying REALLY really hard to give SM and dad the benefit of the doubt, but with the way all of this looks, my gut tells me it won't end well.

Oh my gosh. That is so terrible. I’m so sorry. The system fails. I understand that both COS and custody courts are overloaded, and it sucks. But they really need to do better for these children.

Thank you :heartbeat: Also, things never change. I keep thinking, when will it be the end of these types of threads? Or when will CPS/DCF respond and eliminate these types of cases. I know, they are not all bad, but nearly every time we have a situation where a little child is missing, CPS/DCF are mentioned somewhere along the line. These children/babies are being forgotten. She was only 1. I think of things I did 1 year ago and it feels like yesterday. That is no life.

I am new to WebSleuths. I've been lurking for awhile. This little boy has my heart absolutely shattered into pieces. I'm a mother of 4 boys myself, my youngest will turn 5 in May, and I can't BEGIN to imagine if something like this were to happen to him. I am trying REALLY really hard to give SM and dad the benefit of the doubt, but with the way all of this looks, my gut tells me it won't end well.

Welcome, leyash. :wave:

I think the majority of us here agree with you.

I am curious as to why the parents names are not given. Also the girlfriends name. I did see the fathers name in a recent article, but not the other two names. Why is that? When Sherin Mathews went missing, we learned the parents name early on. We also learned search warrant contents right away. Are there any search warrants being exercised? Gps info from the car (like Mathews)? Why so secretive at this point? I'm wondering a lot of things today, as I have been catching up on this whole thread. My gut is not good. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SM's name is found in some comments on some threads on some local news FB threads. It took me a bit to find, but I did find it. Unfortunately, there is nothing but pictures on her social media.

I agree!

It's unfortunate, because for the people who aren't doing anything wrong and mistreating their kids, a more thorough investigation into each case is going to take longer, be more thorough and frustrating, etc. BUT, if it saves the lives of these kids that are continuously hurt, then it's worth it.

Welcome, leyash. :wave:

I think the majority of us here agree with you.

Thanks. Glad to be here. May not be able to offer anything but support, but I'm in it for the long haul. I read the first thread yesterday in between working and I am all caught up today.

I just don't have a good feeling about this. There are so many questions that I have, and while I don't feel that I am owed the answers by any means, I really feel like it would clear up a lot and help me to sway further one way or the other in my thoughts.

(((((Hug)))))

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads