Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no explaining away the statement that the SM said he was missing at 3:00 pm but not reported until after 6:00.

Many parents with young children often take 3 hour naps in the middle of the day. What is there to explain?

/sarcasm/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no explaining away the statement that the SM said he was missing at 3:00 pm but not reported until after 6:00.
Did she specifically say he was missing at 3, or was that the last time she saw him? I was thinking the reports said she showered/laid down for nap at 3 & he was gone when she woke up at 6ish. I could be wrong, of course. Just wanting to clarify.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I thought the statement was that he was last seen at 3 PM. She supposedly put him down for a nap at that time and didn't notice he was missing until 6 PM.

In one article it said Lucas’ shoes and coat were found in the house.

Many parents with young children often take 3 hour naps in the middle of the day. What is there to explain?

/sarcasm/

Can confirm, having had at least one 5 or under for the last 17 years the only time I’ve ever gotten a nap at all is when I was ill and my husband was home or the kids were all at grandma’s.

She stated that after she woke up and discovered him missing she looked around for him, for how long I don't know, before calling LE.

Hi all, been following from the beginning and joining in now.
A couple things I’m curious about:
-Since this new move, were either one or both of the gf’s boys ever over for a visit?. I think it was mentioned they are 7 and 9 in age, Didn’t a neighbour say she noticed a child with gf doing garden work?)
- About the gardening, isn’t it an odd time of year there to be working in a garden? Especially if you just moved in?

I think it was said that she was 'weeding' in the front yard. I can see myself doing that if there were weeds or dead plants in the front, and I was just moving in. ?

In one article it said Lucas’ shoes and coat were found in the house.

She said she left him in his room playing, she went to shower and then took a nap.

I’ve never in my life seen a 1 year old take a 3 hour nap unless they were under the weather, where was the baby during shower and nap time?

She said she left him in his room playing, she went to shower and then took a nap.

I’ve never in my life seen a 1 year old take a 3 hour nap unless they were under the weather, where was the baby during shower and nap time?

I agree. I believe that there is as much truth to this "nap time" story as there was to Sherin's milk story. So, no truth at all.

I was wondering the same thing.I have a one year old and no way she would sleep that way.And an active 5 year old being that quiet letting her sleep?Dream on.

Although this is my first post, I've been lurking for a bit. I think something or someone outside caught Lucas's attention. So much so, he didn't think about putting on shoes - he was excited! I think by the time he got the door opened, he had to run after it, or he may have lost sight of it and went looking for it. I think someone said there aren't any septic tanks in the neighborhood but what about other types of holes/enclosures? I think of Jessica McClure & the well. I think of the girl in AL that fell into & drowned in a grease pit. I think of the kid in SW VA that fell into a septic tank & wasn't found for days. Could there be old tanks that no one knows about or have been forgotten? Anything like that? As far as the SAR dog not hitting his scent, that's happened before, too. Where can Lucas be??

:welcome:

“Officer Davidson says police were dispatched to the home in the 600 block of South Edgemoore at approximately 6:15 p.m. Upon arrival, officers spoke with a 26-year-old woman who is the stepmother of Lucas. She said she last saw Lucas in his bedroom at approximately 3 p.m. Saturday, prior to her taking a shower and falling asleep.”
http://ksn.com/2018/02/17/missing-5-year-old-boy-last-seen-in-east-wichita/

Sounds like that would work best, with everyone able to contribute. If you can, that would be perfect. I'll get to it asap.

600 block S Edgemoor (we don’t know exact address) - family home where Lucas was reported missing. Just moved there roughly a week before.

3228 N Oliver- Chisholm Creek Park entrance. Search area.

6232 E 29th St- Great Plains Nature Center entrance. Search area.

** Chisholm Creek and Great Plains are essentially connected but have separate entrances. Walking paths go through both parks. **

2801 N Grove St - Grove Park/Glen Dey Park. Search area.

1300 S Webb Rd - Harrison Park. Search area.

1157 S Webb Rd - Fox Run Apartments. Family’s previous address. Just moved from this apartment roughly 2 weeks ago (?)

Let me know if you need any other information.

It's in the video at the attached link.

Forehead smack! I did see that yesterday. I had to replay some of the questions because sometimes the reporters are hard to hear and I heard it more than once. My apologies! You know, I didn’t think anything of that statement. To me it seemed like he was trying to come up with examples of tips at the spur of the moment.

Here's the quote:

http://ksn.com/2018/02/20/police-plan-more-searches-in-case-of-missing-5-year-old-boy/

What a strange thing to say! He doesn't say "if you saw a little boy" running without shoes. If you saw "someone" running without shoes makes it sound like an adult. I don't know what to make of that statement. Did they find barefoot tracks in the backyard or something? :thinking:

That is weird. But if SM really did wake up from her long nap, and check on sweet Lucas, finding an empty room, MAYBE she did run around barefoot, outside, searching for him?

“Officer Davidson says police were dispatched to the home in the 600 block of South Edgemoore at approximately 6:15 p.m. Upon arrival, officers spoke with a 26-year-old woman who is the stepmother of Lucas. She said she last saw Lucas in his bedroom at approximately 3 p.m. Saturday, prior to her taking a shower and falling asleep.”
http://ksn.com/2018/02/17/missing-5-year-old-boy-last-seen-in-east-wichita/

Why BOTH those things? Wouldn't you say "I took a shower then checked on him before I laid down"? Who would go STRAIGHT to bed from showering without checking on the child who was playing quietly when she got in? A lot can happen even during a five min shower...I wouldn't dream of not checking my child when I got out of the shower even if they were in bed for the night.
Just another part of the story that doesn't sound right.

“If you saw someone running with no shoes on a couple day ago or saw something suspicious, saw something out of place that they think might be related to this case, please call us, the tip line again 383-4661, those tips are invaluable, those tips are helping us in our investigation,” said Davidson.
http://ksn.com/2018/02/20/police-plan-more-searches-in-case-of-missing-5-year-old-boy/

To me as you watch him say this it seems like he’s trying to pull examples of tips off the top of his head as this statement was part of an answer to a question posed by a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot