Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #20 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, wait a second. If Lucas DID have the flu and she wasn’t seeking medical assistance, he could have developed pneumonia OR she could have given benedryl to make him sleep which would have slowed his breathing depending on dosage and he could have passed from that untreated flu (remember it killed a lot of people this year). If he had been beaten prior, it may have weakened him further to where his body was too busy trying to repair itself and couldn’t fight the flu also.
Is it possible he died of something like the flu and because she is a raging idiot, she assumed it was because of beating and therefore his he body???
I’m verified as an EMT. And this makes a lot more sense to me. Especially since Lucas was small for his age, even though he is technically “old enough” for benedryl, we dose based on WEIGHT for a very big reason...it would still make it a felony murder with criminal negligence, abuse of a corpse etc.
But what if all of this was this SIMPLE???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible, she still couldn't take him to the ER if thats what happened bc he was probably cleared injured from other beatings by then.

He was small also so Benadryl could have been way to much for him.

Im not sure what I think happened to Lucas.

It could have happened either way.

But that does not explain the lie about his mother coming to get him on V-Day.

If you were part of this after Lucas’ death, I’d imagine someone confiding this would scare the living crap out of you! If someone is willing to divulge the murder of a child, I’d definitely be scared of what she would be willing to do to ME. Come forward and tell the police you were scared and helped her because of fear. Tell the police what happened! It’s reasonable to be scared and you know it’s the right thing to bring justice down upon her!

Possible, she still couldn't take him to the ER if thats what happened bc he was probably cleared injured from other beatings by then.

He was small also so Benadryl could have been way to much for him.

Im not sure what I think happened to Lucas.

It could have happened either way.

But that does not explain the lie about his mother coming to get him on V-Day.

She is a sociopath and chronic liar, what if that lie isn’t connected at all but just another one of her crazy lies? Or is it possible he was sick at that point with flu and had died already? Seeing a child at the home doesn’t prove it was Lucas, right? He may have already been gone?
I could be wrong as I may now be mixing theories from so many threads with the facts at this point - and also may have missed something proving that he was definitely the child seen!
Thanks so much for your response!

She is a sociopath and chronic liar, what if that lie isn’t connected at all but just another one of her crazy lies? Or is it possible he was sick at that point with flu and had died already? Seeing a child at the home doesn’t prove it was Lucas, right? He may have already been gone?
I could be wrong as I may now be mixing theories from so many threads with the facts at this point - and also may have missed something proving that he was definitely the child seen!
Thanks so much for your response!

hi there, you’re welcome. I’m still getting used to the site so I’m glad to have found some discussion!

I completely agree with you on the lie. Nothing that she does is explainable with a logical explanation so it may well be just another thing that means nothing. But I feel as if “there is truth to every lie”.

And while I do believe that it was Lucas in that house and that’s i think family have said it was so, I appreciate your opinion and theories. It’s good to see theories being passed around.

Whoa, wait a second. If Lucas DID have the flu and she wasn’t seeking medical assistance, he could have developed pneumonia OR she could have given benedryl to make him sleep which would have slowed his breathing depending on dosage and he could have passed from that untreated flu (remember it killed a lot of people this year). If he had been beaten prior, it may have weakened him further to where his body was too busy trying to repair itself and couldn’t fight the flu also.
Is it possible he died of something like the flu and because she is a raging idiot, she assumed it was because of beating and therefore his he body???
I’m verified as an EMT. And this makes a lot more sense to me. Especially since Lucas was small for his age, even though he is technically “old enough” for benedryl, we dose based on WEIGHT for a very big reason...it would still make it a felony murder with criminal negligence, abuse of a corpse etc.

Huh. Makes me wonder about Emily saying Lucas was 60 pounds. Looking at a bottle of children's ibuprofen that's right in front of me, the correct dosage by weight is as follows:

36-47 pounds (Lucas's weight) = 7.5 mL
48-59 pounds = 10 mL
60-71 pounds = 12.5 mL

If Emily was giving medicine to Lucas based on a weight of 60 pounds, that's twice as much as he should have been taking and he very well could have died from it. A lot of time when kids are sick the pediatrician tells you to alternate between Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours. If she were to be doing that and also adding benadryl and/or cough medicine at the weight for a much bigger kid it would have been an overload of medicine.

Huh. Makes me wonder about Emily saying Lucas was 60 pounds. Looking at a bottle of children's ibuprofen that's right in front of me, the correct dosage by weight is as follows:

48-59 pounds = 10 mL
60-71 pounds = 12.5 mL

If Emily was giving medicine to Lucas based on a weight of 60 pounds, that's twice as much as he should have been taking and he very well could have died from it. A lot of time when kids are sick the pediatrician tells you to alternate between Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours. If she were to be doing that and also adding benadryl and/or cough medicine at the weight for a much bigger kid it would have been an overload of medicine.

Exactly! Add to that his body fighting some kind of bug (possibly deadly flu) and his poor little body wouldn’t stand a chance. She would then think she will be caught for the abuse signs and panicked and her drug-addled mind said, “hide the body and save yourself” it makes sense in my head!

48-59 pounds = 10 mL
60-71 pounds = 12.5 mL

I should add that I know on ambulance for an emergency anaphylactic purpose, we would occasionally give up to 50mg even to small child (this was years ago) but, we were also monitoring breathing, the child had a very legitimate reason to dose high like that (not just needing to sleep). So higher doses CAN be used but generally only with medical observation and training. If he had flu or any other medical situation going on that much could absolutely be deadly. 100%.
Ibuprofen is known to make you bruise/bleed easier. It’s why most surgeries ask you do not use for up to 2 weeks prior to surgery. If she was dosing ibuprofen, and beat the h*ll out of him, it could also cause internal bleeding to continue much longer and with the over dosing just compounds that.

Exactly! Add to that his body fighting some kind of bug (possibly deadly flu) and his poor little body wouldn’t stand a chance. She would then think she will be caught for the abuse signs and panicked and her drug-addled mind said, “hide the body and save yourself” it makes sense in my head!

Bc you are of this opinion, do you think she then went onto bury him? If she didn’t intentionally kill him?

Bc you are of this opinion, do you think she then went onto bury him? If she didn’t intentionally kill him?

I think she absolutely panicked and because of the extra bruising on his body due to the increased bleeding - she knew there would be accusations and questions. She knew her ex would come forward with abuse allegations to police as well. She saw no other way than disposing of the body in some fashion to save her own butt, MOO.

I think she absolutely panicked and because of the extra bruising on his body due to the increased bleeding - she knew there would be accusations and questions. She knew her ex would come forward with abuse allegations to police as well. She saw no other way than disposing of the body in some fashion to save her own butt, MOO.

While I wouldn’t personally ever hide a child if they died - I can see why I’d be scared to death of what was going to be found out and that the whole thing would be blamed on me whether accident or not. I’d never beat a child either. It’s baffling to me that this happens at all. [emoji20]

Fundraising (shirts, bracelets, GFMs, etc.) are usually organized by family and/or a few friends who work well together. Unfortunately that didn’t happen in this case. Things are too contentious between various family members.

It makes it’s difficult for those who want to donate. I wish I could make a flyer with a specific reward amount. Unfortunately, I honestly have no idea how much the reward is. Money has been offered, then rescinded. I’ve seen different fundraisers, but don’t know if the funds are going towards a reward, TEQ, searchers, a PI...???

This is the exact reason why I donated an amount to Texas equusearch versus any other organization. It may not go to Lucas, but it will go to the right people to help others that we don't even know on this thread about, but Tim and his folks can focus on.

ETA: it was given in Lucas' name so they can decide

Saving herself is number 1 priority for her!

The longer this goes on the more I think he’s in landfill.

Saving herself is number 1 priority for her!

The longer this goes on the more I think he’s in landfill.

I think the easiest thing to do would be put him in a bag or box of some sort and into a dumpster, one that had pickup soon. Do we know the pickup schedules for dumpsters behind the nearest grocery store, restaurants, apt. buildings, etc? I'm thinking maybe she dug into the filled dumpster to put him underneath other bags so that he wasn't on top and unnoticeable.

I think the easiest thing to do would be put him in a bag or box of some sort and into a dumpster, one that had pickup soon. Do we know the pickup schedules for dumpsters behind the nearest grocery store, restaurants, apt. buildings, etc? I'm thinking maybe she dug into the filled dumpster to put him underneath other bags so that he wasn't on top and unnoticeable.

that also explains the time gap between the landlord seeing him and Lucas being reported missing. She wanted to give time for trash to cover him and time for them to get rid of it. There is a reason she didn’t report him missing until late Saturday.

We know he had bad bruises and cuts on him that occurred around Jan. 28th. In her mind I don’t think she thought she could risk calling for help. She has her current custody issues going on with her older sons, she had already dealt with abuse allegations for Lucas. I think she was resentful of being thrust into the role of step-mother to a child whose father was rarely home. I think she took her anger out on Lucas and then neglected his medical needs. I absolutely think she gave him Benadryl or some other medication to make him sleep so she could be free to go out and about and not have to deal with a sick child. I’m on the fence as to whether he died from being over-medicated and respiratory distress or if she lashed out at him once she came home. I’m leaning towards respiratory failure as a direct result of his abuse and lack of medical attention.

He had recent bruises all over him. In her mind I don’t think she thought she could risk calling for help. She has her current custody issues going on with her older sons, she had already dealt with abuse allegations for Lucas. I think she was resentful of being thrust into the role of step-mother to a child whose father was rarely home. I think she took her anger out on Lucas and then neglected his medical needs. I absolutely think she gave him Benadryl or some other medication to make him sleep so she could be free to go out and about and not have to deal with a sick child. I’m on the fence as to whether he died from being over-medicated and respiratory distress or if she lashed out at him once she came home. I’m leaning towards respiratory failure as a direct result of his abuse and lack of medical attention.
BBM
This is new info if you're saying he had recent bruises all over him when he went missing. Did the LL notice this? Did JH notice it when he face-timed with him on the 15th?
The Benadryl scenario makes sense. He was bruised and ill and EG wanted to live however she wanted to live. LH was an issue for her to be able to carry on, so she drugged him with Benadryl or something so that he would sleep. Also, since he was ill, maybe one of her nurse associates suggested something for his illness which she gave him. All in all, I think she denied him proper medical treatment because he was bruised at her hands and under her watch.

He had recent bruises all over him. In her mind I don’t think she thought she could risk calling for help. She has her current custody issues going on with her older sons, she had already dealt with abuse allegations for Lucas. I think she was resentful of being thrust into the role of step-mother to a child whose father was rarely home. I think she took her anger out on Lucas and then neglected his medical needs. I absolutely think she gave him Benadryl or some other medication to make him sleep so she could be free to go out and about and not have to deal with a sick child. I’m on the fence as to whether he died from being over-medicated and respiratory distress or if she lashed out at him once she came home. I’m leaning towards respiratory failure as a direct result of his abuse and lack of medical attention.

Agree 100%. This is EXACTLY what I’m thinking. Now, if we could just find him [emoji20]

Does anyone know if it's been determined EG had taken a shower shortly prior to phoning 911? I feel she would have taken the shower shortly after returning from hiding Lucas. My feeling is, EG harmed Lucas the night she went to OG.

So I have two thoughts, first one is EG was up all night hiding little Lucas, went home showered and slept.

Second thought is that sweet Lucas was harmed the night of OG visit, was put to bed but never woke in the morning. That would have EG very busy that day, come home for a quick shower and call 911.

Knowing when he actually went missing from the house could be a clue as to how far a distance he is now.

We have been told by the VI to focus on the dark hours of the 16th. Hope that helps

BBM
This is new info if you're saying he had bruises all over him when he went missing. Did the LL notice this? Did JH notice it when he face-timed with him on the 15th?
The Benadryl scenario makes sense. He was bruised and ill and EG wanted to live however she wanted to live. LH was an issue for her to be able to carry on, so she drugged him with Benadryl or something so that he would sleep. Also, since he was ill, maybe one of her nurse associates suggested something for his illness which she gave him. All in all, I think she denied him proper medical treatment because he was bruised at her hands and under her watch.

Let me edit my post. I should have said in recent weeks prior to his disappearance.

IMO the cat is not a big issue - some rentals do not allow pets at all and I think PB told us that they were not allowed pets so they surrendered the cat.

That's not what I was trying to get at- I was asking because I wanted to know WHY the landlord decided to pay an unexpected visit to their home, especially on a Friday night. Lots of families go out on Friday nights with their kids- there's activities after school, such as sports, Scouts, gymnastics, martial art- you get my picture here. Or they go out to eat, visit parents/grandparents that they don't live with, have sleepovers or sleepover other friend's houses. It seems like a strange time and night to go to a renter's home. He, I assume, would not know if they would be home or not, or what activities or events they might be at on that night.

I just wanted to know why the landlord was there at that time, especially unexpected. That's where the cat came in. Again, it seems like a strange time and day to go over and check on a cat, if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove