Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
transcript of EG statement read out in court:

"Friday February 17[SUP]th[/SUP]

Me and the kids Lucas and MH woke up around 8:30am to 9am. Changed MH’s diaper, helped Luke out of his pull-up into his underwear, turned TV cartoons on for kids and gave them breakfast, Pop-Tarts and fruit. I smoked a cig and then lounged with MH and Luke watching cartoons. Did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned MH’s bottles and watered plants.

Around noon I made MH and Luke PB&J and some SpaghettiOs for lunch. I did not eat yet by this point because my appetite was not there. Some time after eating Lucas said his tummy hurt and wanted to watch a movie in his room so I gave him some Zofran and put his show on. I can’t remember what show. I then cleaned up his mess from eating while MH was still eating and then sat down browsing my phone still waiting for MH to finish so that I could clean her and her mess up. After that I did some more laundry and cleaned some of back bonus room. I did check in on Luke while watching his movie and he was fine each time. I checked in on him every 20 to 30 minutes just to say hi and see how he was doing. And then I decided to take a break from cleaning due to my hands from hurting and my endo. My hands hurt due to cleaning flower bed out on Thursday. I went to the garage to smoke cannabis and got really hungry and then I remembered Jonathan had given me an Olive Garden gift card and wanted that to eat when I got MH and myself ready. I decided to eat real quick while I had my appetite. This was around 5:20 to 5pm. My landlord Chris called me towards the end of me finishing up Olive Garden so that he can stop by to check the sewer/plumbing, I believe due to nasty smells I was smelling. I told him I was almost home and would see him soon. On my way home he ended up calling me back. I got home around 6? (sic).

After I got home I made Lucas dinner. He had French fries and chicken fries and Sprite. We all lounged at night while I did some laundry. Around 7:30 to 8 I gave Lucas and MH a bath and then put them to bed. I do believe I talked to Jonathan via Duo video chat before I fell asleep Friday night 17[SUP]th[/SUP]."

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211100194.html

Just so much going on here. So much detail about domestic/I’m a good mom stuff yet so vague at the same time. And to me, chunks of time just completely left out. And things glossed over. And strange wording used. I’ve heard it read on the video several times but seeing it written out has me [emoji848] even more. Thanks so much for transcribing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, let me ask this, do most people here seem to think she had with the disposal (sorry i hae that word) after the fact? Or do you think she got rid of Lucas' body alone?

Maybe there's no phone record of her calling for help because she didn't call for help (knowing this would be on her phone records)...so maybe she scooped him up and took him straight to whomever/whereever she was going to for help?

I do think someone knows. I’m not sure if they physically helped her though. I had two thoughts on this. At first I thought maybe they weren’t even at home when it happened or she put him in a dumpster close to home.

I’m trying to remember, way back in the threads, someone posted about the neighborhood, about a dumpster within walking distance. If I’m remembering correctly, wasn’t it behind a laundromat?

The interview with J.O. is the only thing making me rethink the dumpster. With the streets blocked off I would think they searched the dumpsters in the area.

MOO

I hope this makes sense as I’m trying to get ready for an appointment and type at the same time.

This is shocking to me. I knew Ohio didn’t have a an age on the books but I didn’t realize only 3 states do.

“Only three States currently have laws regarding a minimum age for leaving a child home alone. Illinois law requires children to be 14 years old before being left alone; in Maryland, the minimum age is 8, while in Oregon, children must be 10 before being left home alone.”

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/homealone.pdf

It doesn’t surprise me over much honestly. Children mature at different rates, so many factors other than age go in to when and if they can be left alone. My oldest could be trusted to be alone from what most would probably consider younger than most, 8 or 9, while my youngest will probably never be able to be left alone due to his disability. If there was an age on the books that made it ‘legal’ someone could leave a child such as my youngest alone and the authorities would have no recourse to charge it with.

So, let me ask this, do most people here seem to think she had with the disposal (sorry i hate that word) after the fact? Or do you think she got rid of Lucas' body alone?

Maybe there's no phone record of her calling for help because she didn't call for help (knowing this would be on her phone records)...so maybe she scooped him up and took him straight to whomever/whereever she was going to for help?

your last paragraph i think is very possible. imo, if you have someone in your life that will help you with something like this, you likely instinctively know you dont need to formally ask. you dont want to call someone go "im in huge trouble i need your help..." and they go "ok what is it..." and then they are hesitant/you maybe say a bit more and then you are like "lol jk i dont need your help". thats obviously going to raise red flags to someone who clearly isnt committed to helping you.

not saying a phone call isnt possible/its also possible for someone to not be "directly" involved but also not want to rat her out but i think the above/your last paragraph is likely.

What she says she feed him for supper doesn't bother me, if he said he was hungry and tummy feeling better - probably just the fries and chicken fries that you throw on a cookie sheet and bake so not full of grease and wouldnt be too hard on tummy. Kids can be picky eaters and if he would eat that vs - toast, eggs etc I can see fixing that just to get food in his tummy. I am not saying she is all american mom here but I don't think it is a big deal if that is what she did indeed fix him.

This is shocking to me. I knew Ohio didn’t have a an age on the books but I didn’t realize only 3 states do.

“Only three States currently have laws regarding a minimum age for leaving a child home alone. Illinois law requires children to be 14 years old before being left alone; in Maryland, the minimum age is 8, while in Oregon, children must be 10 before being left home alone.”

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubpdfs/homealone.pdf

I believe that is why EG hasn’t been charged for leaving Lucas home alone while she went to OG. There’s no law on the books and likely no precedent. I haven’t researched that so I’m assuming and moo.

I believe that is why EG hasn’t been charged for leaving Lucas home alone while she went to OG. There’s no law on the books and likely no precedent. I haven’t researched that so I’m assuming and moo.

There are guidelines that take many factors into consideration when a child should be left alone. One set age does not cover all of the possible factors. The KS guidelines do state that no child age 0-6 should ever be left alone even for short periods of time.
http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Appendices/Appendix_1B.pdf
383f2c6b340e0b457560780bd65e117c.jpg

I wonder if DCF guidelines would be considered the same as Kansas law. I also wonder if Lucas was left with a phone so he could call someone in case of an emergency.

transcript of EG statement read out in court:

"Friday February 17[SUP]th[/SUP]

Me and the kids Lucas and MH woke up around 8:30am to 9am. Changed MH’s diaper, helped Luke out of his pull-up into his underwear, turned TV cartoons on for kids and gave them breakfast, Pop-Tarts and fruit. I smoked a cig and then lounged with MH and Luke watching cartoons. Did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned MH’s bottles and watered plants.

Around noon I made MH and Luke PB&J and some SpaghettiOs for lunch. I did not eat yet by this point because my appetite was not there. Some time after eating Lucas said his tummy hurt and wanted to watch a movie in his room so I gave him some Zofran and put his show on. I can’t remember what show. I then cleaned up his mess from eating while MH was still eating and then sat down browsing my phone still waiting for MH to finish so that I could clean her and her mess up. After that I did some more laundry and cleaned some of back bonus room. I did check in on Luke while watching his movie and he was fine each time. I checked in on him every 20 to 30 minutes just to say hi and see how he was doing. And then I decided to take a break from cleaning due to my hands from hurting and my endo. My hands hurt due to cleaning flower bed out on Thursday. I went to the garage to smoke cannabis and got really hungry and then I remembered Jonathan had given me an Olive Garden gift card and wanted that to eat when I got MH and myself ready. I decided to eat real quick while I had my appetite. This was around 5:20 to 5pm. My landlord Chris called me towards the end of me finishing up Olive Garden so that he can stop by to check the sewer/plumbing, I believe due to nasty smells I was smelling. I told him I was almost home and would see him soon. On my way home he ended up calling me back. I got home around 6? (sic).

After I got home I made Lucas dinner. He had French fries and chicken fries and Sprite. We all lounged at night while I did some laundry. Around 7:30 to 8 I gave Lucas and MH a bath and then put them to bed. I do believe I talked to Jonathan via Duo video chat before I fell asleep Friday night 17[SUP]th[/SUP]."

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211100194.html

Sound like the landlord waited for her to get home so I'm thinking she probably let him in the house then too. I wonder how long he was there, what, if any interaction he overheard between Lucas and EG, what her frame of mind seemed to be, if she appeared high to him, etc. Add to it, he could tell us about Lucas, if he was bruised, sick etc.

Some info on the effects of smoking pot and the memory. Daily smokers, once in a while. I know everyone is different with metabolizing drugs too. But a situation as serious as this would scare most people sober Just throwing this information out there.

Marijuana and Your Memory May 3, 2017
It’s no secret that marijuana can affect a person’s memory. In fact, studies show that marijuana and memory are linked in many ways.

Using marijuana occasionally can impair your short-term memory as well as your ability to form new memories while high. But the effect is temporary, and memory function returns to normal after you sober up.

Occasional users show temporary impairments in short-term memory and in long-term memory formation, but this effect goes away after the high wears off. Frequent users show memory impairments even after they’ve been sober for a day, and sometimes longer.

Some studies suggest these effects could be permanent, but others show that users regain their memory after quitting marijuana.
To sum it up: you may have trouble doing mental math or following a conversation while high, and you may not store all the details of your experience.
But marijuana won’t make you forget anything you already know, and the jury is still out on whether the effects on memory are actually permanent.
https://www.leafscience.com/2017/05/03/marijuana-and-memory/

There are guidelines that take many factors into consideration when a child should be left alone. One set age does not cover all of the possible factors. The KS guidelines do state that no child age 0-6 should ever be left alone even for short periods of time.
http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Appendices/Appendix_1B.pdf
383f2c6b340e0b457560780bd65e117c.jpg

#5 The neighbor had a Q&A with Lucas as to where Glass was.
If she left while he was sleeping I don't think he would have a clue as to where she was.

They will no doubt do this, imo.

(Eta: And I'm sure she knows this too, moo.)

They would need to know where she was going to, where she is, her new cell phone, what she's driving etc. Do you think they know all of this already?

I wonder if DCF guidelines would be considered the same as Kansas law. I also wonder if Lucas was left with a phone so he could call someone in case of an emergency.

I wonder that as well. I suppose if there was precedent where the guideline was used by the prosecution and the court recognized it as law, the DA may have more of an incentive to use it in this case. Where is our DCF expert this morning?

That is only where we are meeting. We always meet in a public area and then go to where we are going to search.

Thank you for the clarification -- that makes perfect sense and is actually a great place to meet, IMO, as it is close to the center of the radius and could make it easier for more people from 2-3 counties to meet up. Prayers for all you searchers and thank you :loveyou:

They use the guidelines when investigating reports of neglect/endangerment and those reports can lead to criminal charges

It doesn’t surprise me over much honestly. Children mature at different rates, so many factors other than age go in to when and if they can be left alone. My oldest could be trusted to be alone from what most would probably consider younger than most, 8 or 9, while my youngest will probably never be able to be left alone due to his disability. If there was an age on the books that made it ‘legal’ someone could leave a child such as my youngest alone and the authorities would have no recourse to charge it with.

Fair enough, good points.

They use the guidelines when investigating reports of neglect/endangerment and those reports can lead to criminal charges

Certainly this was neglect and child endangerment leaving Lucas alone while she went to OG. I do wonder tho, if the landlord being there just a very short time later after EG left and him waiting until she got back would work in her favor, as it appears he was left alone only minutes.

Certainly this was neglect and child endangerment leaving Lucas alone while she went to OG. I do wonder tho, if the landlord being there just a very short time later after EG left and him waiting until she got back would work in her favor, as it appears he was left alone only minutes.

I wouldn’t think so, as she didn’t arrange for or ask the LL to watch him while she was gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member