Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect! (I wish sarcasm came off better over written words!)

So, she can drive her little baby around while high as a kite, admit to it, then be found not guilty of doing it. So, why wouldn't she think she will get away with Lucas' murder? :dunno:

BBM

Some days you just gotta read between the lines to see which pawns are played.

<modsnip>

We're so glad everyone really tried. People have really tried really hard. But I'm so upset she was acquitted. Not surprised really. There's no evidence to say how high she was at the time she was driving or even if she was at that time. It's a sticky spot.

I am surprised, I really thought with the publicity of Lucas that the jury would find her guilty. I don't know of LE will risk charging her with the other endangerment charges since this one didn't pan out. If she is released and not charged I am sure they will be watching her like a hawk so maybe she will slip up and somehow lead them to answers regarding Lucas.

This verdict isn't surprising to me. That said, I really feel that we will now see new charges for Child abuse/endangerment for leaving Lucas home alone.

Did we ever get an answer on why WOD didn’t bother to test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My assumption would be because they didn't even arrest her until 5 days after the incident happened. Even with a drug test, she could have said she smoked the weed after she got home from OG, or the next day, or the day before she was arrested, and that's what was in her system 5 days later, upon arrest. They also weren't looking for a charge related to driving under the influence, they were looking for a missing kiddo.

The officer on the stand yesterday said they didn't because they were focused on finding Lucas and investigating that. IDK if they ever said why it wasn't done eventually, but with the fact that MJ stays in the system for up to 30 days it still could've been hard to prove down to the day and hour WHEN she imbibed.
I should have read your post before I replied something similar. Apologies.

I am surprised, I really thought with the publicity of Lucas that the jury would find her guilty. I don't know of LE will risk charging her with the other endangerment charges since this one didn't pan out. If she is released and not charged I am sure they will be watching her like a hawk so maybe she will slip up and somehow lead them to answers regarding Lucas.

Except for her very own words and texts there was no evidence to prove that she was driving while under the influence. But, there are two witnesses who can testify that Lucas was left home alone. I do think that she will be now charged with abuse and endangerment for leaving him alone. JMO

So, if the baby was placed in CINC because of this charge, and Emily has been found not guilty of this charge, will that CINC case also be dropped and the baby returned? Or will they be allowed to still pursue it and make her work through the steps for reunification? And does this also mean the no contact order for her and JH is now lifted since she was found not guilty?

I wouldn't say this was super open and shut. I'm not very surprised, honestly. She said she did it, but did she smoke way before she left? How much did she smoke? That's like saying "I drank some alcohol and then went to OG". Ok, but the alcohol was several hours before. Or maybe I drink all the time and it didn't affect me. Prove that my blood alcohol level was over legal limit... you can't. I think the only reasonable way they could've gotten her is if they had video of her behaving erratically, or if they'd pulled her over and tested her. Even if they'd tested her a couple days later, it wouldn't have guaranteed she was too high to drive when she went to OG.

I just really think since she got off on this charge, she's going to be SUPER smug and think she's going to get off on the impending murder charges. She'll never give up the info now :(

BBM- we know EG & JH facetimed regularly. Ain't no playing this safe with that much that can be pulled into the fray.

Still musing on what's at stake with JH's obvious absense in this specific case...

So...what happens next?

Does she get out? Where does she go? Can the LL say 'nope' to her moving back there?

I am guessing LE will be tracking her every move? I think that could be crucial!

How soon until she calls Mike? But, Mike probably doesn't want to go near her with a 10' pole.

Is JH back at work now?

Personally, I think the weed charge was pretty weak and I am not surprised by the verdict. But I certainly believe more charges are coming her way and I think (hope) the next ones will stick!

Lucas must be found!!

I should have read your post before I replied something similar. Apologies.

No worries, doll, its always better to have backup/affirmation of information. I do it all of the time, too. Plus I think we're all really hot under the collar right now and just want to figure out where "we" go next in terms of getting justice for our handsome little man Lucas as well as protecting the rest of EG's children.

Why didn't LE test MH for drugs?

"..."

I’m not a member of WLE but I’m pretty sure testing her would only prove she used MJ some time prior to the test. It wouldn’t prove exactly when and wouldn’t indicate whether she endangered the child when she used. Common sense tells us you shouldn’t use illegal drugs at all when caring for children but the law isn’t based on common sense. I do think the jury had enough evidence to find her guilty.

I’m confident LE/DA have all their ducks in a row. It may take a while but eventually she’ll be behind bars for life.

ETA: SORRY!! I totally misread your post and was basing my reply on their not testing Emily. But I think the same reasoning applies with the baby. There would be no way to tell when and, more importantly, WHO used MJ in her presence. Maybe the mere fact that she allowed her daughter to be exposed to it would be enough? Gah- I don’t know!

I&#8217;m not a member of WLE but I&#8217;m pretty sure testing her would only prove she used MJ some time prior to the test. It wouldn&#8217;t prove exactly when and wouldn&#8217;t indicate whether she endangered the child when she used. Common sense tells us you shouldn&#8217;t use illegal drugs at all when caring for children but the law isn&#8217;t based on common sense. I do think the jury had enough evidence to find her guilty.

I&#8217;m confident LE/DA have all their ducks in a row. It may take a while but eventually she&#8217;ll be behind bars for life.

At least it would have been proof that she was using! That might have carried more weight with the jurors!

Is she out?
I wonder how the community is going to treat her. Maybe she won't be living in Witchita.

Nah, if she gets out, EG's gonna have a nice summer. Cookouts and fun, maybe her little family will be together again, just the way she wanted it.

Do ya'll think the fact that one child gone missing under her care will be enough for MH to remain in the care of the State?

I'm assuming she's going home now, right? I mean, now she hasn't been charged with anything and her name is on the lease. Curious about what will happen with MH, but since JH didn't have her either and he wasn't charged with anything (now he has been, but not in the beginning), maybe they won't just be handing her over.

Do ya'll think the fact that one child gone missing under her care will be enough for MH to remain in the care of the State?

idk. I would think they would have to charge her. There was a lot in that report tho so I don't think they'll just hand her over to EG. Plus if she goes back to JH, he has child abuse charges against him and the state didn't find him a suitable parent at this time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay