Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard same but that would be the most ridiculous time for a press conference. IMO
The early local news shows start at 4:30 - when I heard that last night I assumed that's what they were referring to - as in, we'll have the latest on the case at 4:30. I'm about 500 posts behind though so this is probably an unnecessary response.

I have no doubt there will be more charges. I think they just charged her with the obvious to get her locked up. They need the autopsy results to see if it shows anything other than Lucas just passing. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows unattended broken bones from the past, some head injuries, etc. But that doesn't mean they were COD. A good skull injury could tho. Also if he shows broken bones from the past that were not tended to she might get felony child neglect. I could see a myriad of charges coming her way actually.

She will no doubt have more charges added once the autopsy is completed. I think they did not charge murder at this time because they do not know for a fact that he was murdered.

We don't know what she has claimed happened and she could be saying that he died accidentally and she panicked and hid the body. And then lied about it for months. All that would lead to the charges she currently has against her--other charges including murder will happen once the investigation uncovers evidence to support new charges, or she confesses.

Bail Bondsman will typically charge only 10-15% of the bail so the actual money or collateral assets like a home only needs to be lets say 10%. So she would need 25,000 in value or someone in her family decides to cover the amount for her.

Its important to note that the money on a house has to be free and clear of any loans so I am not sure if they take into account equity of a home or not. So lets say someone purchased a 100,000 dollar house and only has 1/2 of it paid off. Then could that person use 50,000 of it to cover any bond collateral. I suspect that would be allowed since they could force a sale on the home to get the money out of the house. Im just not totally sure if bondsman allow that. Maybe some do and maybe some dont.

Point is she only needs 25,000 from someone to get out right now.

Here is a link that describes it better than I can

How Much Bail Will You Have to Pay to be Released From Jail?

EG's Bond requires Surety, which is a little different:

Surety: Making Sure Court Appearances Happen - Lawyers.com

Bail Bondsman as Surety
If a defendant can't raise the amount for bail, he or his friends or family can arrange for a bail bondsman or agent to put up the required bail. However, there are several states that prohibit obtaining a bond through a bail bondsman - Illinois, Kentucky, Oregon and Wisconsin. In those states, the bail process is handled directly through the jail or court system.

A surety bond is an agreement, backed by an insurance company contract, between a defendant and a bail agent where the agent agrees to post bail so that the defendant can be released from jail. Before agreeing to write the bond, a bail bondsman or agent may interview the defendant and any person guaranteeing or co-signing the bond. If written, the bond may contain even tougher release conditions than those from the court because if the defendant doesn't appear, the agent is on the hook for the entire bail amount.

When a bail bondsman acts as the surety, he typically collects a non-refundable premium for writing the bond. This amount is over and above the bail amount set by the court. The premium is paid by the defendant or anyone who co-signs the bond, like friends or family. On top of that, collateral will need to be used to secure the remaining amount of the bond. Typical forms of collateral used include a home, car or boat. If a defendant doesn't appear, the bail agent will seize the collateral. Using a bail bondsman is like getting a short-term, high-interest loan.

Does anyone have the video with JO on it, I can't locate it in the threads. I must say kudos to Tricia and team. Website is easier to see and read. Thanks to all WS'ers that have helped with tips. Now with the thread page number at the end it helps to click near the end and then go forward. Still learning the new set-up but so far so good. I appreciate all the hard work everyone.

This PI has a gift. Let's get him on some other cases! :)

He obviously is the real deal and someone who truly cares.

I hope there is someone thinking about how to coordinate some formal recognition and thank him for his efforts in this case. If the community got together and pooled resources then we may be able to do something really special for him and his family. I suspect he does not want a lot of fanfare but it would really be nice if the community and others could show him some appreciation in a big way.

We all know not all missing body cases end up being solved so quickly. Whatever he did was nothing short of miraculous.

As much as I hate to say this, I really hope that there is some evidence left of whatever she did to him. I know he was sick, and I know there were other allegations out there in regards to Lucas, and new ones in regards to her own kids. I can easily see her playing the 'I was scared to lose my kids' card, and say that he died from whatever ailments he had, not by her hand, and she dumped him to protect herself.

The potential doubt this could raise with jurors scares the heck out of me.

She said in jail that she wanted to tell 'her side', but wasn't 'there yet'. Was it because enough time hadn't yet passed to cover COD?
It's coming on to summer, there has been rain, plenty of time to wash her crimes away.

Ugh. I don't want to be Debbie Downer, and I believe that truth will out, but these thoughts have been plaguing me and I needed to put them somewhere.

This wasn't an accident.

Post to Pink: You did amazing in your searches. I know Lucas knew you were near. Maybe it was grace that lead you so close but not actual discovery. You were tremendous and Mr. Pink. I applaud your courageous spirit, truly I do.

To everyone else: searchers, prayer-ers, mappers, mods kudos and thanks for ALL the love, hard work, and dedication for Lucas. I am not local, and appreciate you all.

Private investigator: Body of missing Wichita child believed to be found

Private investigator: Body of missing Wichita child believed to be found
Posted: May 24, 2018 7:54 PM EDTUpdated: May 24, 2018 8:08 PM EDT
By Nick Sloan, Digital Producer
CONNECT

Source: Wichita Police Department
HARVEY COUNTY, KS (KCTV5) - A private investigator tells CBS-affiliate KWCH 12 that the body of Lucas Hernandez has been found.

Hernandez has been missing since February.

Since Thursday morning, authorities have been searching the area of the 9700 block of South Woodlawn in Harvey County, KS.

Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett has arrived on the scene.

The private investigator tells KWCH information from Emily Glass, Hernandez's stepmother, led to Thursday's search. ......
She will no doubt have more charges added once the autopsy is completed. I think they did not charge murder at this time because they do not know for a fact that he was murdered.

We don't know what she has claimed happened and she could be saying that he died accidentally and she panicked and hid the body. And then lied about it for months. All that would lead to the charges she currently has against her--other charges including murder will happen once the investigation uncovers evidence to support new charges, or she confesses.

As with Casey and Caylee Anthony, I think the manner of death and cause of death is going to be delayed, until the toxicology comes in at least. My guess is it was only skeletal remains so it really wasn't an autopsy, it was more of a forensic evaluation of a skeleton. But we will see. He has been missing since February, so my guess is that there will be no toxicology results which would even be fathomable to be accurate at this point in time. And she knew it. And that's the only reason she released the information as to the location because she knew that.

Because the body was moved, the medical examiner can say that it was a homicide, but the manner of death, I have my doubts if we will ever know and it will always be undetermined. In my opinion.

EG's Bond requires Surety, which is a little different:

Surety: Making Sure Court Appearances Happen - Lawyers.com

Bail Bondsman as Surety
If a defendant can't raise the amount for bail, he or his friends or family can arrange for a bail bondsman or agent to put up the required bail. However, there are several states that prohibit obtaining a bond through a bail bondsman - Illinois, Kentucky, Oregon and Wisconsin. In those states, the bail process is handled directly through the jail or court system.

A surety bond is an agreement, backed by an insurance company contract, between a defendant and a bail agent where the agent agrees to post bail so that the defendant can be released from jail. Before agreeing to write the bond, a bail bondsman or agent may interview the defendant and any person guaranteeing or co-signing the bond. If written, the bond may contain even tougher release conditions than those from the court because if the defendant doesn't appear, the agent is on the hook for the entire bail amount.

When a bail bondsman acts as the surety, he typically collects a non-refundable premium for writing the bond. This amount is over and above the bail amount set by the court. The premium is paid by the defendant or anyone who co-signs the bond, like friends or family. On top of that, collateral will need to be used to secure the remaining amount of the bond. Typical forms of collateral used include a home, car or boat. If a defendant doesn't appear, the bail agent will seize the collateral. Using a bail bondsman is like getting a short-term, high-interest loan.

Thank you. That helps to understand it better.

Does anyone have the video with JO on it, I can't locate it in the threads. I must say kudos to Tricia and team. Website is easier to see and read. Thanks to all WS'ers that have helped with tips. Now with the thread page number at the end it helps to click near the end and then go forward. Still learning the new set-up but so far so good. I appreciate all the hard work everyone.
Mother of missing boy speaks out as search stretches into 3rd week

Lucas Hernandez parents speak about the search for their son

Mom posts video of bruise on forehead of missing 5-year-old. Stepmom is in jail.

As with Casey and Caylee Anthony, I think the manner of death and cause of death is going to be delayed, until the toxicology comes in at least. My guess is it was only skeletal remains so it really wasn't an autopsy, it was more of a forensic evaluation of a skeleton. But we will see. He has been missing since February, so my guess is that there will be no toxicology results which would even be fathomable to be accurate at this point in time. And she knew it. And that's the only reason she released the information as to the location because she knew that.

Because the body was moved, the medical examiner can say that it was a homicide, but the manner of death, I have my doubts if we will ever know and it will always be undetermined. In my opinion.
I don't think we have proof yet that the body was moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member