Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethany.... hugs hugs hugs You are an amazing person and I am in awe of you. I am so sorry that this happened to Lucas. I want to thank you for trusting me, and let you know that I will continue to support your family in any way I can.

If anyone wants to help now, the best thing you can do is publicly support Lucas' mom and her family, and fiercely defend them. They are all victims.

You are pretty amazing too GigTu!!! There are so many unbelievable humans in this thread, involved in lucas’s life, it’s just beautiful. Lucas is so proud of so many of you. He is watching down knowing Justice will be served and none of us will quit fighting for him!

And yes, hands down- I will fiercely defend Jamie and her whole family. Again, Jamie did what so many of us aren’t brave enough do- honestly and openly admit our faults, our imperfections and be an open book while her baby was missing! She deserves so much more than she knows. I know the love of Lucas for 5 years was wonderful.... he will watch over for an eternity!!!

According to the Wichita Eagle, the badly decomposed body was under a bridge on a gravel road, about a quarter of a mile from the nearest house. Sheila Medlam, a volunteer searcher, says she got a text message from a private investigator telling her, "We found him at 5:01." Within hours of the discovery, about two dozen volunteer searchers went to where the body was found and stood vigil for him, per the Eagle. The area where the body was found—near the town of Sedgwick about 20 miles north of Wichita—was close to where they had been searching.
Kansas: Missing 5-Year-Old Found Dead Under Bridge

ETA: Who is this Medlam person? I see her name listed in articles as if she was lead searcher. I don’t have Facebook so I’m out of the loop.

Throughout this process the subject of change has come up. New laws we want passed. Even calling it Lucas Law. I agree wholeheartedly that change is imperative. Most are saying they want harsher punishment and swifter action. Not allowing these abusers around children. I mostly agree. I have been one of those that used the word evil regarding EG. I have also previously posted that she had no excuse even if she was abused as a child. As an adult she should’ve sought out help if she couldn’t control her impulse to lash out. But I’ve been thinking about this a lot. What would’ve been the repercussions of getting help? If EG would’ve admitted to anyone that she did cause the bruises, scrapes, etc. and asked for help for not being able to control herself, what would the outcome for her be? Is this why she never sought out help, counseling, medication if needed? We have a Safe Haven Law. You can drop off a new born to fire station, hospital without repercussion. This law has saved countless infants. What if Lucas Law is: “I can’t control my impulses. I know I need help. I don’t want the children to suffer. Help me before it’s too late.” If the abusers get help wouthout fear. Maybe they would? Maybe I’m crazy for even thinking it would work. I know there are truly evil people. Maybe EG is just that, evil. But I can’t help but wonder, if the fear of repercussion was taken out of the equation. Would we still have our little man?

I think this is a good question. If I understand things correctly there is a very narrow window in places that allow a newborn to be dropped off. But after that there is never a time in which a horrible parent can just walk away from parenting a child. The children are stuck with them unless the parent has a family member or another parent who "allows" them to leave them with them? And then parents who have a problem and need help...where do they go? If they admit a problem and want their children does admitting the problem mean they risk losing their kids so they are afraid to get help? And what help is available?

I've seen people looking and needing free or cheap mental healthcare and it didn't seem like much was available. Lots of waiting lists and prices still out of the range of someone with almost no extra money outside basic bills. It seems like it's in everyone's best interests to help before things are to the point of children being abused or dead. But I'm not sure what there really is available.

Much like we have free school lunches and even breakfast and there is no penalty or risk to not necessarily being able to afford to feed your children. Maybe we need widely available risk free mental healthcare and parenting help.

My heart broke when I saw JO break down. I saw her knees beginning to buckle and thought "oh man, she's going to pass out" and then when she fell to her knees, my heart just felt so full of pain for her. The despair and grief on her face is something I never want to see on another mother's face. My heart really does go out to her and Lucas' family. Poor wee man

We need to be very careful about 'humanizing' or seeking to 'help' types who crave absolute domination & destruction over the most powerless, innocent citizens in our spheres.

Yes, these people eat, sleep, and mimic everyday human behaviours... but they are missing something vital which the rest of us have. Something which binds and elevates our spirits together far beyond this mortal coil; something I've seen within WS'ers in great abundance.

Like many here who've gone through hell & back, I've survived someone like EG and know better... regardless what they parrot these demons cannot feel another soul except through joy they relish by inflicting agony to that very being, they are addicts to the god-like control they desire over others.
They target ONE to feed from, dispose, and move on leaving horrific carnage in their wake. Sound familiar? We don't make excuses for serial rapists who kill and dump their victims either.

There are many paths which people will confuse, but the blackened heart tis always the same, worship of hatred and loathing at the altar of revenge, and sacrificing those who've NO choice in the matter.

Humans instinctively recoil from facing the possibility of such monsters among us, why is this such a shocking surprise that monsters flourish in the open where we refuse to look?

Last edited:
According to the Wichita Eagle, the badly decomposed body was under a bridge on a gravel road, about a quarter of a mile from the nearest house. Sheila Medlam, a volunteer searcher, says she got a text message from a private investigator telling her, "We found him at 5:01." Within hours of the discovery, about two dozen volunteer searchers went to where the body was found and stood vigil for him, per the Eagle. The area where the body was found—near the town of Sedgwick about 20 miles north of Wichita—was close to where they had been searching.
Kansas: Missing 5-Year-Old Found Dead Under Bridge

ETA: Who is this Medlam person? I see her name listed in articles as if she was lead searcher. I don’t have Facebook so I’m out of the loop.
She was the person who was coordinating food for TXEQ when they were here and part of the search group TXEQ trained before they left

I think this is a good question. If I understand things correctly there is a very narrow window in places that allow a newborn to be dropped off. But after that there is never a time in which a horrible parent can just walk away from parenting a child. The children are stuck with them unless the parent has a family member or another parent who "allows" them to leave them with them? And then parents who have a problem and need help...where do they go? If they admit a problem and want their children does admitting the problem mean they risk losing their kids so they are afraid to get help? And what help is available?

I've seen people looking and needing free or cheap mental healthcare and it didn't seem like much was available. Lots of waiting lists and prices still out of the range of someone with almost no extra money outside basic bills. It seems like it's in everyone's best interests to help before things are to the point of children being abused or dead. But I'm not sure what there really is available.

Much like we have free school lunches and even breakfast and there is no penalty or risk to not necessarily being able to afford to feed your children. Maybe we need widely available risk free mental healthcare and parenting help.
My situation is kind of the reverse, my child is explosive and has aggression issues... because of his diagnoses and delays, we are on a waiting list for a waiver... I was curious, what is being ‘waived’? The waivers are to keep the person in the home, not placed in an institution or facility. There aren’t enough resources, for even those currently in the system. At home or in a facility. Not enough Home care workers, not enough therapist, not enough training or classes available... not enough. The waiting list is currently 8 years for ID/DD or SED waiver, 4 years for Autism waiver (and they age off that one at 8years old) it is so hard to get appropriate help no matter what your struggle is, if it’s as a parent or if it’s for your child.
Even when you want help and seek help, it’s such a battle and struggle. I’ve said since I began this journey with my son, the process is too hard and unclear it’s no wonder people give up. You can ask three different people the same question and get five different answers. Even case workers don’t know how to navigate it all.
...I hope this didn’t go too far off topic.

My heart broke when I saw JO break down. I saw her knees beginning to buckle and thought "oh man, she's going to pass out" and then when she fell to her knees, my heart just felt so full of pain for her. The despair and grief on her face is something I never want to see on another mother's face. My heart really does go out to her and Lucas' family. Poor wee man
I also felt and continue to feel horrible for Jamie.
It reminds me of poor Pam (Hobbs) Hicks passing out as soon as she got on the scene in the WM3 case and found out Stevie had been murdered.
Some things you witness just haunt you forever on this earth....
I witnessed some of the worst I've ever seen in that case also.
Hugs and prayers and wishes going out,
Chi xxoo
ETA the sad 25th anniversary of the murders in West Memphis just passed May 5.... :(

After four to five hours speaking with Glass, Mashburn says he and Ward talked and were "90-percent positive" they'd find Lucas' body.

Thursday morning, Mashburn says he woke up ready to find the boy who'd been missing since Feb. 17. Police say Emily Glass led the private investigator to Lucas' body.

One of the biggest questions many how is how Marshburn was able to convince Glass to take him and Ward to Lucas. Marshburn says he avoids an aggressive approach he says police take.

"When you're talking to someone who has committed a crime or who is involved in a crime and such, you have to read them the right way because if you don't, you're going to waste a lot of time," Marshburn says. "It just happened this one worked out perfectly, It was done smoothly and it rarely happens that way."

RSBM.

Wish this P.I. could have a chat with Katie Magbanua and get her to spill the truth about Dan Marke's murder and who all was involved. Sounds like he has some skills in getting folks to do the right thing.

So glad little Lucas was found. I hope his family can find some peace and that justice is swift and harsh.

Before the news broke of Lucas being found I was reading a lot on monkey bar ( 7 ft high) falls and the injuries that have happened. Concussions, headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea and vomiting, lacerations (cuts) and contusions (bruises) are also on the list of most common injuries.

Lucas fell on January 22 and was in the nurses office on January 23 vomiting.

I also read about internal injuries children had after a fall and they were not taken to the ER. to get checked out. So this was on my mind before we learned Lucas was found. I wondered if he had a head injury and internal injuries from his fall the end of January. On top of what happened that caused his passing.

And The Most Dangerous Place For Kids On The Playground Is...

Trauma on the Monkey Bars? Playground Concussions Are on the Rise

RSBM.

Wish this P.I. could have a chat with Katie Magbanua and get her to spill the truth about Dan Marke's murder and who all was involved. Sounds like he has some skills in getting folks to do the right thing.

So glad little Lucas was found. I hope his family can find some peace and that justice is swift and harsh.

I'd personally pay my own money for him to go and talk to Terri Horman and find out where Kyron is

My situation is kind of the reverse, my child is explosive and has aggression issues... because of his diagnoses and delays, we are on a waiting list for a waiver... I was curious, what is being ‘waived’? The waivers are to keep the person in the home, not placed in an institution or facility. There aren’t enough resources, for even those currently in the system. At home or in a facility. Not enough Home care workers, not enough therapist, not enough training or classes available... not enough. The waiting list is currently 8 years for ID/DD or SED waiver, 4 years for Autism waiver (and they age off that one at 8years old) it is so hard to get appropriate help no matter what your struggle is, if it’s as a parent or if it’s for your child.
Even when you want help and seek help, it’s such a battle and struggle. I’ve said since I began this journey with my son, the process is too hard and unclear it’s no wonder people give up. You can ask three different people the same question and get five different answers. Even case workers don’t know how to navigate it all.
...I hope this didn’t go too far off topic.

EG's custody case involving the 2 sons she abused in her previous relationship gave her resources and opportunities to get the help she needed. This did not happen suddenly out of the blue- it was an ugly, protracted series of hearings over years.

EG absolutely shat on those chances and showed what she was made of by choosing to one-up seeking power and control over those who were providing the opportunity to resolve and grow past her own limitations.

Our own struggles to access appropriate care for our loved ones, are not like those of a violent offender who sees the world as an obstacle for attempting to intervene in their hobbies and habits.

EG sought custody and control over minors, and this ended predictably in disaster. Her 'rights' allowed her to play everyone for the fools she believed them to be.

Amazing difference.
Emily+Glass1.jpg

16845102_G.jpg

Emily Glass booked into Sedgwick County Jail
Police: Coroner identifies body as 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

Police: Coroner identifies body as 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez
“Sometimes we’re in a bad state and we have something heavy on our chest and we want to get it off; you really want to be able to rely on somebody and I guess that’s the person I was to her,” Marshburn said.

He says Glass’s body language said it all, from seeming uncomfortable, not making eye contact and staying brief in her responses.

He says another negative sign he saw was that she repeated questions back to him, a tactic he says is used to buy thinking time when people are being dishonest.

“When we’re saying something that’s not true, your body is gonna react to what is true,” he stated.

Anchor Jemelle Holopirek asked Marshburn, "Do you think Emily Glass killed Lucas?"

He said, "Until the autopsy comes back, I don’t know the answer… I’ll just say, she’s there in custody and we’ll know more when that autopsy comes back."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay