Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...will they find track marks, etc?

No idea. I was thinking more of looking at current blood and urine to see if there was more recent usage, and the hair, which was reasonably long last time I saw it, for signs of older use. It looks like about 2 to 3 years growth in it, so it might show some longer term usage which could be relevant, and maybe that could tell us if it was 'just' cannabis and meth, or if there was also heroin or maybe other drugs. But I don't know exactly what drugs might show up where in the body.

ETA looking for needle marks should be a basic part of the autopsy exam...

I'm not saying this to criticize anything you've said. But when I saw JH on that TV interview my feeling was that he was trying to rein in his emotions and struggling with it. I'm only saying that to say how we can see the same thing and each come way with a different perception of it.

Yes so true. We all see different things in people. One of the few times I commented on Lucas’s threads was regarding my skepticism of JH after that interview. After seeing demeanor and his crocodile tears (imo) in that interview, my mind was made up about him.

When Lucas returned from EG and JH for a funeral, covered in bruises, how many people at that funeral called DCS THAT DAY and reported it? Why wasn't he taken to the ER to document it? So much I guess is hindsight now, but so many missed opportunities to save him. Heartbreaking.

I also believe this was from the JO interview on NG, because I remember very well being surprised to hear her say it was him that had put them on. Will listen to podcast again ASAP and share exact wording...please consider this just IMO as I don’t have the exact wording yet.
FWIW I do not remember anyone saying Lucas put the tattoos on himself. I have always gotten the impression that it was Emily who put them on him to attempt to conceal them. I want to say this was one of the times Emily dropped Lucas off with JO.

Also, I have a 6 year old....the chances of her successfully applying a temporary tattoo on a specific part of her body successfully are MAYBE 50/50. Slim to none would be the odds of her applying more than one by herself.

FLA. IF it’s not intrusive can you share how maybe you are coping with all that’s occured. Without getting into detail. I think we’d just like a reassurance that you are going to be ok.

And that’s the best most respectful way I can ask. You have been so very nice under the most stressful life events one can experience. I can’t imagine how I would cope. I don’t participate in these forums often, and usually express concern face to face which is much easier. So without seeming rude or nosy let us know to the extent you are comfortable how you are doing with all of this.

And if you choose to say no then please know we’ve appreciated every word if your input and understand how difficult this must be.

I took some time to think about this question because I've never really stopped to think about it.

I've typed this out a few times and then deleted it because I don't really like talking about myself... But here it goes. Mods, this is clearly a "me" post so it won't hurt my feelings if you delete this.

It's been 20 days since Lucas was found, but every one of those days has blended together into one long day (I had to get out the calendar and count how many days it had been because it only feels like maybe a week or so). Actually the entire last four (?) months have blended together, too.

Our lives have been almost nothing but Lucas for so long. I prepared my mind for a very long haul... for him to be found, then a trial, etc. Now that Emily is dead, the end of the tunnel is coming much faster than I had prepared for. So I'm dealing with those emotions. I'm not prepared to heal yet. Keeping these emotions raw keeps Lucas at the front of my heart and mind.

I haven't showered in several days. The house is a mess. I'm starting to hit the end of my rope with people elsewhere and I've been a bit... sassy.

But I'll be ok. I'll heal. I'll find my path to help Lucas change the world.

My son and I are both in therapy. We don't talk about Lucas yet, but we know we can when we're ready.

After writing all of that, I really need to say that I worry far more about Jamie and the rest of the family. They're not ok and I want so badly to take away this pain for them.

ETA: My husband is telling me I showered yesterday.

Last edited:
They were temporary tattoos. I saw them first hand and unless she used them as targets it was clear that they were placed to cover the bruises.

ETA: but I don't know who put them there. It wasn't anyone on his maternal side of the family, though.
We love you, FLA! Thank you for hanging in here with us still clarifying things during such a sad time.

I took some time to think about this question because I've never really stopped to think about it.

I've typed this out a few times and then deleted it because I don't really like talking about myself... But here it goes. Mods, this is clearly a "me" post so it won't hurt my feelings if you delete this.

It's been 20 days since Lucas was found, but every one of those days has blended together into one long day (I had to get out the calendar and count how many days it had been because it only feels like maybe a week or so). Actually the entire last four (?) months have blended together, too.

Our lives have been almost nothing but Lucas for so long. I prepared my mind for a very long haul... for him to be found, then a trial, etc. Now that Emily is dead, the end of the tunnel is coming much faster than I had prepared for. So I'm dealing with those emotions. I'm not prepared to heal yet. Keeping these emotions raw keeps Lucas at the front of my heart and mind.

I haven't showered in several days. The house is a mess. I'm starting to hit the end of my rope with people elsewhere and I've been a bit... sassy.

My son and I are both in therapy. We don't talk about Lucas yet, but we know we can when we're ready.

After writing all of that, I really need to say that I worry far more about Jamie and the rest of the family. They're not ok and I want so badly to take away this pain for them.

I’ve said it a few times already, I know, but I can’t tell you enough how impressed I am with you and the way that you have managed to be so gracefully transparent with us here throughout this ordeal.

IMO what you described is to be expected. I hope you don’t expect too much of yourself at a time like this.
I am relieved to hear that you and your son are seeing a therapist. I hope Jaime will follow your lead if she hasn’t already.

When Lucas returned from EG and JH for a funeral, covered in bruises, how many people at that funeral called DCS THAT DAY and reported it? Why wasn't he taken to the ER to document it? So much I guess is hindsight now, but so many missed opportunities to save him. Heartbreaking.

The police were called and they refused to look at him. Jonathan caught wind that he was covered in bruises and Emily was being blamed so he sent Emily to pick him up before he could be taken to the ER.

I will personally live the rest of my life regretting not doing more. And I deserve to live with this guilt. Because I failed him. He needed me and I failed him. So, yes, "hindsight" I guess.

I’m glad you’re going to therapy to help try to make sense of the myriad of emotions you must be feeling. It’s ok to get a little sassy with those who deserve it. The scrutiny your family has been under has been heartbreaking to watch from afar. I know there are many who wish we could take away your pain. Thank you for being the voice for Lucas

The police were called and they refused to look at him. Jonathan caught wind that he was covered in bruises and Emily was being blamed so he sent Emily to pick him up before he could be taken to the ER.

I will personally live the rest of my life regretting not doing more. And I deserve to live with this guilt. Because I failed him. He needed me and I failed him. So, yes, "hindsight" I guess.

No, Bethany. You did not fail him. You tried everything in your power to help Lucas using the avenues available to you. Others will always point fingers...please ignore them.

Thank you. I don’t know what else to say. We have grown to expect you to share so much with us and now wish to share that we care about you.

Do we know you? No but we’ve formed a bond that I’ll remember. And I believe each of us care deeply what happens to you and your family. And most heartfelt I hope other members are in therapyvas well. It does help to recognize normal emotions when going through the unknown. Therapists are trained to see and guide clients even through something as horrific as this has become. I’m sure all of us are pull in for you and the families

Thank you again and if you just need an ear I’m here. Always.

Praying hard for you and your family. That God will help you heal through this very difficult time. ❤️

No! Absolutely not! You did not fail him. P.E.R.I.O.D.

You were obviously one of the greatest blessings Lucas had in his life. Don't forget that!

I think it’s very easy to judge sitting on the other side of things. I’m sorry but it’s totally insensitive to say the coulda, woulda, shoulda game when you have all the information. There is only one person responsible for this and she is no longer alive. Just because someone calls CPS doesn’t mean it was an automatic fix here. In fact if you get a bunch of people calling about the same child (unless it’s a mandated reporter), it all gets lumped into one report. This is a family who will live with this the rest of their lives, maybe I’m just too close to be objective here, but not okay to question a victim about what they did or didn’t do.

Hi FLA... I read your posts on the beginning when I was following the case but then life happened and I wasn’t able to keep up with how quick the threads moved. You are a great person and you should not feel any regret whatsoever. I say that as an auntie is who very well could have been in your situation if the tide hadn’t turned.

I have a question and I apologize in advance if it’s been answered previously. But why was Emily legally allowed to pick Lucas up before he was brought to the ER? I’m a stepmom and that scenario is confusing to me. Even if my husband and I have custody of his kids, their mother has more say than I do as a stepparent, especially if I was only a girlfriend and not legally married to their father. I guess I’m just confused by the dynamic.

You did not fail, Lucas. Please don't think that. You were in the process of helping Lucas and I'm confident that Lucas knew that and that he knows that now as well. He loved you and you were a bright spot in his life. What happened to Lucas was not your fault.

Hi FLA... I read your posts on the beginning when I was following the case but then life happened and I wasn’t able to keep up with how quick the threads moved. You are a great person and you should not feel any regret whatsoever. I say that as an auntie is who very well could have been in your situation if the tide hadn’t turned.

I have a question and I apologize in advance if it’s been answered previously. But why was Emily legally allowed to pick Lucas up before he was brought to the ER? I’m a stepmom and that scenario is confusing to me. Even if my husband and I have custody of his kids, their mother has more say than I do as a stepparent, especially if I was only a girlfriend and not legally married to their father. I guess I’m just confused by the dynamic.

If I’m wrong, FLA correct me but JO had visitation with Lucas at JH’s discretion. Tho they have the same legal rights, he had residential custody and since Emily was acting on his behalf, that is why she was able to pick Lucas up. I too am a stepmother and we raised my stepdaughter with her mom and stepdad.

If I’m wrong, FLA correct me but JO had visitation with Lucas at JH’s discretion. Tho they have the same legal rights, he had residential custody and since Emily was acting on his behalf, that is why she was able to pick Lucas up. I too am a stepmother and we raised my stepdaughter with her mom and stepdad.

Thank you. I guess where I live is wildly different. Why did JO only have visitation at JHs discretion, if I am allowed to ask? I kind of remember this being a discussion months ago but not sure of the outcome. IMO and IME its really sticky for the non custodial parent to only be able to see their kids at the discretion of the custodial parent. Maybe there wasn’t an official court order? I guess I’m just shocked a judge would agree to let one parent dictate when the other gets to see their child, unless it was an extreme circumstance. If my husbands ex dictated when he was allowed to see his kids, and her boyfriend was able to take the kids back at any time on her behalf - yikes. But again, I live on the east coast so it’s probably just different here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1